Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom

Default Re: Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    Just common areas, which the exterior of the buildings are included. Ya ac is the owners responsibility, dont really know how you could get them all. But if you were to go after apartment complexes that is different, but they are tight with money and sometimes let things go to far
    Apartment complexes respond to CHEAP. You have to offer two or three levels of service and they will almost always choose the cheapest. Then you blast through as fast as you can, collect the check and go.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Weve got a toe in the door. Trying to get the rest of the foot in.
    Arkansas Pro Wash is an awesome Pressure Washing Company that specializes in Sidewalk Cleaning and Gum Removal. Check us out on Facebook. Call or Text 501-580-0223.<marquee> Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com </marquee>

Jeff not to sound bad but I think you should look at it as you should do both. I'm big on focus and do what you do best but why not do both? It is very hard to do it all but a King should be able to. We do it all and yes it is hard but hire more people and make the money if you can. It is the same set up and if done right you can make a lot of money in Res. also. I got a new flatbed with 3 machines and 2 roof pumps and it kicks but. We pull up to a house and 20 minutes later ask for a check. I always say ANYTHING FOR MONEY.
    Pressure washing in Pa.
    Brian Wendling
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    www.Rollingsudsinc.com

Whos doing condo, apartment, multi unit properties these day???
    Jeff Ive been trying to get more and more condo/complex work.
    I landed a condo community about 2 mos. ago from an unsolicited bid I sent to the pm for it a year ago. I kept contacting him about every 3mos. then FINALLY landed the work.
    I was put on the vendor list and now have another bid out from a pm in his office! (keeping my fingers crossed)

Im going out on Monday to place a bid for a pm I was contacted by from an email blast I sent out.
    Just gonna keep hamering away!

Thanks for your advice Jeff

East Tenneessee Power Washing
    Chad Johnson
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

Un-solicited Proposals....I have gotten many of my regular paying accounts that Way.

Quote Originally Posted by EastTnPw View Post
    I landed a condo community about 2 mos. ago from an unsolicited bid I sent to the pm for it a year ago. I kept contacting him about every 3mos. then FINALLY landed the work.
    I was put on the vendor list and now have another bid out from a pm in his office! (keeping my fingers crossed)

Im going out on Monday to place a bid for a pm I was contacted by from an email blast I sent out.

Chad Johnson
    865-368-0847

I love Un-solicited Bids, we are doing 40 to 60 a day right now till Sept 1

In my Data Base every OCT all unsoliciteds go out from years past. All 9000 or so

Lets talk about unsolicited bids.

I just read over at PWI, Nick the Cleaner just landed 10 shopping centers from an uncolicited bid. Nick is a great guy and is a veteran of the industry. I know others that do unsolicited bids. Ron Musgraves comes to mind he does unsolicited bids all the time. Both of those guys do it and it works.

I dont target flatwork like them but I do unsolicited bids, not as often as I should but it has worked for me several times. For example my 2nd condo complex I ever did was an unsolicited bid I turned in. That job was the job I started fulltime PWing I have been working on that property now for 5 years. Just finished it last week again

I know Ron sends in unsolicited and he does it a different way than I have iin the past. I usually put the bid together and send a cover letter, list of references and a biz card usually. But I like the way Ron does it and Nick might also do it the same way

Ron measures the project or projects out, put the bid/contract together and he just faxes it. no intro letter, no references, nothing to introduce his company at all

I wondered why at 1st and when he told me it really made sence. He sends it to the right person/company and quite often that person see's the bid and himself may have been thinking of doing the work or changing companies that are doing the work and BANG its there right in front of him. Also and this is the part I like, well her comes this contract th person who gets it doesnt know if someone in his office asked for, maybe the owner of the property asked for it, the store etc etc . So this contract is there nothing else is in place or other contract expired. This guy can do a couple things, file it or sign it. Ron has gotten many signed contracts this way over the years. I love it. You never know the guy just might think the owner requested it and sign it and you are in the money

Now me I am thinking about doing the same exact thing and see how it flys. I am just going to send some to PM's and they might need it sooner or later or they might think someone in the HOA requested it and I might just get the job

I am also going to do it the way I have done it in the past

Now if you want work you have to go get it and this is a great way of doing it unsolicited

oops got to go I will be back stay tuned

As the season is slowing down for us, and Ive been getting more and more commercial cleanings, Ive just started sending out unsolicited bids. Im not sure how to go about it, but I just send them the bid like they asked for it and tell them to call me if they have any questions. Any advice on unsolicited bids?
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
    I love Un-solicited Bids, we are doing 40 to 60 a day right now till Sept 1

In my Data Base every OCT all unsoliciteds go out from years past. All 9000 or so

9000 unreal, its a numbers thing like you say. 9000 you got to get some of them sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Jeff not to sound bad but I think you should look at it as you should do both. I'm big on focus and do what you do best but why not do both? It is very hard to do it all but a King should be able to. We do it all and yes it is hard but hire more people and make the money if you can. It is the same set up and if done right you can make a lot of money in Res. also. I got a new flatbed with 3 machines and 2 roof pumps and it kicks but. We pull up to a house and 20 minutes later ask for a check. I always say ANYTHING FOR MONEY.
    King is just a word. Heck if I was a real king, I'd have my servants doing the estimates I guess LOL

its hard around here to get any decent money for house washing, so I concerntrate where my time is best served, going after the bigger dollar stuff. I cant go out to 20 houses in a day and get three jobs and all the rest balk at $150 house wash. 90% of the homes around here are 1200-2200 sq ft and guys all over town are doing them for $75-$150. Way to much time in doing resi estimates for what, I much rather spend my time going after the 4 & 5 digit jobs then the small stuff

I am thinking of next year trying houses again, but I just cant believe in this area its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by EastTnPw View Post

Chad Johnson
    865-368-0847
    Great Chad

My very 1st condo job when I went full time was from an unsolicited bid and that was before I even heard the words unsolicited bid LOL

I don't do many now, just never enough time I guess. I do plan on doing more

Keep going Chad, if you want to grwo you got to work it and work it hard for a long time. Heck I am working hard all the time, when's it get easier LOL

• Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information