• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Jeff/ Condo King! Words of Wisdom

Jeff LeCours

I did a yahoo local search for montgomery and came up with about 25-30 results. Thanks for the tips.

Cool, when doing searches change up the wording of your search and sometimes more will pop up

Some of the searches I do - Just add City or town, state, county etc to the below searches

Property management in
Association management in
Community management
Homeowners associations in

Anyway you can think of to do a search usually comes up with something, got to love Google and the others, Yellow book searches come up check them out too

Jeff LeCours

The HOAs make the final choice on what company to use, but the PMs can get you in front of multiple HOAs depending on how many properties they manage. I think marketing the PMs is usually more profitable when you get one. If you get one keep them happy and they will put money in your pocket.

I agree!!!!! But going after HOA's also can get your foot in the door and maybe lead to a PM you didnt know about. At 1st I would stay with going after the PM's they are the best way

Jeff LeCours

I have been advertising in the community news papers. These papers sometimes list the different developments along with the different PM's for each development. So if you go to the rec center or some other gathering place where they give away the papers, you may get lucky.

I have talked to the people running the rec center and got tons of good info. I just walked in and ask who was in charge, tell them what I do and why I would like to talk to them and they end up telling me everything.

This is also a good way to get a lot of single family homes. Newsletters can be real cheap to advertise in some are more expensive, there were a few I was in for years others after a year I gave up just didnt pan out any jobs

DJ Carroll

Dang i guess when the site got hacked it erased my question . . . any ways . . .Jeff . . .I got a list of about 55 places how offten should i hit them up . .monthly??

Greg Nash

DJ I would say every two months would be a good time frame. Its not so much as to annoy them but enough to keep your name in front of them.

Jeff LeCours

Dang i guess when the site got hacked it erased my question . . . any ways . . .Jeff . . .I got a list of about 55 places how offten should i hit them up . .monthly??

Pretty much what Greg just posted every two months.

When I do the intro letter I sometimes follow up with something within 2-4 weeks. I will send a brochure or go in with coffee mugs but after that every 2-3 months and don't stop

DJ if you are a talker/salesman you can also try to get a face to face with the PM.

Chad Johnson

Pretty much what Greg just posted every two months.

When I do the intro letter I sometimes follow up with something within 2-4 weeks. I will send a brochure or go in with coffee mugs but after that every 2-3 months and don't stop

DJ if you are a talker/salesman you can also try to get a face to face with the PM.

Jeff, could you give a qiuck run down on what an intruductory letter would entail? How would it differ from an introductory letter to anyone else?

Also, you mentioned earlier about getting permission to fax information, is it like a flyer, or coupon or just a similar draft of the introductory letter?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff LeCours

Couldnt get it to load so here is the text I use in a letter. I change it up some and you may do a better letter but this will give you some ideas. Dont forget to send at least a biz card in the mailing. they might throw the letter out but at least keep your biz card on file

Good luck

Dear

Please let me introduce myself, I am Jeff LeCours, President of JL Pressure Washing. We would like to work for you and the communities you help oversee. We specialize in working with HOA communities, its what we do every day and we want to offer our services to you. Do you want to keep the properties you oversee CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL & PROTECTED, do you want the BEST for your communities, do you want the MOST FOR YOUR MONEY and do you want a HASSLE FREE vendor/contractor to do the work? Then you want to hire JL Pressure Washing. We have a proven track record, the references of many of your peers, the experience, knowledge, equipment and trained uniformed staff to handle all projects. We take pride in the communities we work in and we want to help all communities stay clean, beautiful & protected.
We are based out of Myrtle Beach SC but work in all counties of South & North Carolina along with other southeastern states. We do the larger pressure washing projects when we travel outside of the Myrtle Beach area, and because our expertise and efficient methods, we can have competitive pricing on all projects, CONDOMINUIM & TOWNHOME COMPLEXES, large concrete cleaning projects (community sidewalks, parking garages) roof cleaning & gutter cleaning projects. We are the best pressure washing contractor in the Carolinas. Please give us the opportunity to bid on all your upcoming projects. Whether its one property or several properties we would like to take a look at the project and give your property a detailed proposal. We pride ourselves on 3 things QUALITY WORKMANSHIP, GREAT RATES and our ON TIME SERVICE.
Our workmanship is unsurpassed by any in the industry, our rates are great and our on time service has helped us become the pressure washing contractor of choice for hundreds of communities in South & North Carolina. We offer a very valuable service and we want to offer our services to you. To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.JLpressurewashing.com. If you have any questions or would like us to look at a property please give us a call at any time.

Sincerely,

David Vicars

Couldnt get it to load so here is the text I use in a letter. I change it up some and you may do a better letter but this will give you some ideas. Dont forget to send at least a biz card in the mailing. they might throw the letter out but at least keep your biz card on file

Good luck

Dear

Please let me introduce myself, I am Jeff LeCours, President of JL Pressure Washing. We would like to work for you and the communities you help oversee. We specialize in working with HOA communities, its what we do every day and we want to offer our services to you. Do you want to keep the properties you oversee CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL & PROTECTED, do you want the BEST for your communities, do you want the MOST FOR YOUR MONEY and do you want a HASSLE FREE vendor/contractor to do the work? Then you want to hire JL Pressure Washing. We have a proven track record, the references of many of your peers, the experience, knowledge, equipment and trained uniformed staff to handle all projects. We take pride in the communities we work in and we want to help all communities stay clean, beautiful & protected.
We are based out of Myrtle Beach SC but work in all counties of South & North Carolina along with other southeastern states. We do the larger pressure washing projects when we travel outside of the Myrtle Beach area, and because our expertise and efficient methods, we can have competitive pricing on all projects, CONDOMINUIM & TOWNHOME COMPLEXES, large concrete cleaning projects (community sidewalks, parking garages) roof cleaning & gutter cleaning projects. We are the best pressure washing contractor in the Carolinas. Please give us the opportunity to bid on all your upcoming projects. Whether its one property or several properties we would like to take a look at the project and give your property a detailed proposal. We pride ourselves on 3 things QUALITY WORKMANSHIP, GREAT RATES and our ON TIME SERVICE.
Our workmanship is unsurpassed by any in the industry, our rates are great and our on time service has helped us become the pressure washing contractor of choice for hundreds of communities in South & North Carolina. We offer a very valuable service and we want to offer our services to you. To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.JLpressurewashing.com. If you have any questions or would like us to look at a property please give us a call at any time.

Sincerely,

This must be an old letter, prior to me moving South. :biggrin::cool:

Kidding Bro.
Your always helping everyone out.:clap:

Chad Johnson

O.K. Jeff, I did a search for P.M. companies and found a link on citysearch.com that gave me a list of tons of companies that say there real estate and property management companies. The only info on them is the address and phone #.
So should I just call and get the name and fax # of whos in charge (PM) and start sending information from there or are these not the listings I want?
Thanks.

DJ Carroll

Chad I get me a nice list together . . . i write down this info

Company -
PM Name -
Phone -
Fax -
Adress -

after i get a nice 3 to four page list together i run through them making phone calls and ask for the PM . . .shoot her your lines and if you don't get thru then ask if she / he minds if you fax some info over for them to hold on to and to take a look at . . .

they wil most likly say yes then you have your in and can fax away . . . then just do follow ups and keep chiseling away at em

Jeff LeCours

O.K. Jeff, I did a search for P.M. companies and found a link on citysearch.com that gave me a list of tons of companies that say there real estate and property management companies. The only info on them is the address and phone #.
So should I just call and get the name and fax # of whos in charge (PM) and start sending information from there or are these not the listings I want?
Thanks.

Yes and what DJ says too

Now with that list do some research and look to see if they have a website. If they have a good website you might be able to get some good info

Many might just be PM's who handle just a unit or two in a complex, or a home or two here and there. I personally dont go after the little stuff. But these are all contacts you may use. Get some of there homes and it may lead to many more

I look for PM's that are into Association management it takes time sometimes to figure out who's who. many websites will give you the answers if you look. some give PM's names, some give the properties. I get property names and then do a real estate search and find out if they are condo complexes or single family homes, of course I want the complexes

What ever search you do, try it again and again and search using different key words. I always find new company names

Good luck, this is something I do when I am kicking back on the computer, you really can find a lot of stuff in certain areas

Jeff LeCours

Chad I get me a nice list together . . . i write down this info

Company -
PM Name -
Phone -
Fax -
Adress -

after i get a nice 3 to four page list together i run through them making phone calls and ask for the PM . . .shoot her your lines and if you don't get thru then ask if she / he minds if you fax some info over for them to hold on to and to take a look at . . .

they wil most likly say yes then you have your in and can fax away . . . then just do follow ups and keep chiseling away at em

Just remember DJ, faxing is just a part of the total campaign. Fax not all see them, find the PM's names and mail stuff to each one too and you are right just keep chiseling away

This is the time guys. I am getting at least a couple to several calls a week to look at stuff

Chad Johnson

Thanks for your help D.J. and Jeff. I'll get right on that as soon as I can. Wish me luck, we'll see how it goes. I know it wont happen overnight though.

Jeff LeCours

Lets talk about unsolicited bids.

I just read over at PWI, Nick the Cleaner just landed 10 shopping centers from an uncolicited bid. Nick is a great guy and is a veteran of the industry. I know others that do unsolicited bids. Ron Musgraves comes to mind he does unsolicited bids all the time. Both of those guys do it and it works.

I dont target flatwork like them but I do unsolicited bids, not as often as I should but it has worked for me several times. For example my 2nd condo complex I ever did was an unsolicited bid I turned in. That job was the job I started fulltime PWing I have been working on that property now for 5 years. Just finished it last week again

I know Ron sends in unsolicited and he does it a different way than I have iin the past. I usually put the bid together and send a cover letter, list of references and a biz card usually. But I like the way Ron does it and Nick might also do it the same way

Ron measures the project or projects out, put the bid/contract together and he just faxes it. no intro letter, no references, nothing to introduce his company at all

I wondered why at 1st and when he told me it really made sence. He sends it to the right person/company and quite often that person see's the bid and himself may have been thinking of doing the work or changing companies that are doing the work and BANG its there right in front of him. Also and this is the part I like, well her comes this contract th person who gets it doesnt know if someone in his office asked for, maybe the owner of the property asked for it, the store etc etc . So this contract is there nothing else is in place or other contract expired. This guy can do a couple things, file it or sign it. Ron has gotten many signed contracts this way over the years. I love it. You never know the guy just might think the owner requested it and sign it and you are in the money

Now me I am thinking about doing the same exact thing and see how it flys. I am just going to send some to PM's and they might need it sooner or later or they might think someone in the HOA requested it and I might just get the job

I am also going to do it the way I have done it in the past

Now if you want work you have to go get it and this is a great way of doing it unsolicited

oops got to go I will be back stay tuned

Henry Bockman

I've done the un-solicited bid thing occasionaly when we have time and it does work!

If you have the time and people to go out and measure out the work, put it together and send it in I'd do it. Expecially if you have guys on salary or commission and theres nothing else for them to do!

We usually don't have time to do them but we do send out mailers every quarter, were in the process of doing that right now actually to 2,900 property managers. It's not cheap when you consider postage, printing, envelopes and labor, somewhere around $1-1.50 per piece but it's worth it. It can be done cheaper but it costs me more because we use a high quality color printer and add photos to entice them to read it. So far my minimum response from this has been well worth doing this but it is a lot of work for my office people and they don't look forward to it.

Jeff LeCours

Look up NAA National Apartment Assoc. See if they have a local chapter in your areas. Some chapters are strong and some are wek as I understand. I Joined my local chapter this year, it was weak a couple years ago I heard but much stronger now. This is for Apartment complexes , you will find many apartment complexes are run by companies that run many complexes quite often throughout several states Check it out guys The membership in my area wasnt to high priced and it automatically puts you in as a member of the National Assoc. My area its MBAA Chapter

Got to look for new ways to get in front of the customer. I start my 1st Apartment complex Jan 5th Coollll and working on getting more

Now remember guys you cant just join and think they all are going to call you , you have to work the contacts

I will give some ideas soon on how to make an assoc/org work for you

Jeff LeCours

Who's on your list?

Anybody been making up lists of PM's in your area?

Have you sent any intro letters or info to any PM's yet?

Have you gotten any calls at all

This is the year guys, this is the way you can add to your customer list. I have gotten several calls and you can to, you have to work it to get it

Good luck 2009 is coming soon