• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

For Immediate Release ~ UAMCC/TWS Ink Deal with Jack in the Box

Lonnie Greenwood

hey guys just to let you know i did about three weeks of work for tws not knowing that i would get paid for the work we took a chance and it paid off good for us i cleaned about 60target locations traveling washing dumpsters for them they are a great company i also do monthly work for them also ga nc sc va this is the type of work we do all the time you have to have a back up plan when you travel so have a plan an stay safe:clap::clap:

Ken Fenner

Lonnie, since many of us do not travel for work would you mind sharing some tips that keep you profitable? I don't put mean to put you on the spot but maybe a new thread and some of the other traveling companies can add input.

Carlos Gonzales

I would like to chime in here to point out a few relevant things here that has come to my attention. Beyond the late calls last night and the first call this morning at 4:00 am :saai: (remember folks I am 3 hours behind from you all back east).

The UAMCC did not negotiate any price with JITB. That is not our role...never has been and is not part of our business plan. We are not a service company nor are we trying to take on the role of that.

Surrounding the facts of JITB:

1. JITB contacted the UAMCC. We did not go looking for them;

2. In my first conversation with JITB they stipulated that the contract requirements called for a service company. TWS was a UAMCC Supplier Member already.

3. TWS name is on the contract with JITB. UAMCC did not ask to be on the contract nor would we have put our name on the contract if asked;

4. UAMCC will not receive any money at all from TWS. There is no % for UAMCC.

5. UAMCC requested that if the full contract is awarded that TWS shall afford our membership first consideration in servicing.

6. UAMCC will not qualify or disqualify any contractor. TWS will take on the role of determining who gets the work. Why? Because their name is on the contract.

7. The UAMCC does not have to commit to anything relating to JITB. If the membership does not like the work or does not like the "management" from TWS.....we can walk away from it.

8. We asked TWS to encourage non-members to join the UAMCC.

To some, the above announcement seems to indicated that the UAMCC is locked into a contract. That is not the case. We helped facilitate the relationship between TWS and JITB ~ PERIOD. So yes, we were part of the deal but only up to the point to get TWS into the board room of Jack in the Box.

So what does the UAMCC stand to gain from this? Two things and two things only:

1. Our membership gets the opportunity to consider servicing the accounts;

2. TWS will encourage non-UAMCC members to join the Assoc.

That's it. Any speculation beyond that is purely that...speculation. The TT has kept an even keel about this from the first day that JITB contacted us and we have not deviated from the above two points. We are not in the business of setting pricing for the industry.

As a UAMCC member you have the choice of doing the service or not. That is your choice. You are under no obligation to clean JITB facilities.

The initial clean-up of 154 facilities will be the "shake down" on how this contract could potentially work. If UAMCC Contractor Members have feedback during this period, we will take this feedback to TWS during the initial clean-up.

I hope this clears up some of the questions out there!

The above sounds good, but I still do not have my original question answered.

That is....

If the going rate out here in California and Arizona is $400 a Dumpster and this "National " company wants to only give a $175 for the same work, then were dose that leave all of us who have that location at $400. Do we loose that location because they found a " Hacker" to do the job at $175?

I am all for the easy way. Having someone call you at 10 am and say " Hey Jim, I have XYZ job for you....do you want it?" But if I have to lower my pricing by 40 to 70%, is that really benefiting me in the future?

I worked hard to get the pricing up here in N. California to where I can buy the latest equipment and hopefully retire in 12 years or so. If this undermines the pricing curve, I will have to work another 40% more just to be were I am at today.

Is this scenario a good thing? It maybe... if you was going bankrupt and needed anything to stay alive. If you did not mind doing what I call " Busy Work". That is.... working to just pay the bills, having only $50 a week to fix your machine and put just enough gas in the car so that you can go buy food.

I am not saying that this is a bad deal, but before all of us gets on the band wagon, lets make sure that we are not cutting our own throats.

In my opion....Pricing needs to be set by the location. If your location is $400, then they should offer it $400.

I personally do not see this happening. TWS has to make some money to stay in business.

If I were to go to JITB and say " We will handle all of the stress in getting those contractors... advertising the jobs... and making sure that the contractors are lic and insured"... well ya, they would need to make something. But who will pay TWS ? If I was JITB, I would say that I do not want to pay more than the current $400 per location that we are paying now. In fact, I would want a " Package Pricing " discount. That means that TWS would have to lower that pricing to cover their costs and also make some profit for them. That means less money for you.

BTW, those 2100 rest are most likely corp owned. They are in clustered areas; usually in the main high traffic areas of the major cities.

Thats my 2 cents !

Ken Fenner

You're right on point, Jim. Corporations now have the "EASY" button.

Call ABC management.. dangle 2000 chain carrot to get volume pricing.
ABC Management takes care of paying, organizing AND offers a volume discount.

Corporation: Win
Management Company: Win
Contractor: may have to take less margin but could be compensated by being given additional volume.

Its still a great thing for the organization to be involved in. Each contractor has to decide what works for him/her.

Mathew Johnson

Thank You Carlos

I wanted to take a minute to thank Carlos for his vision, perseverance and unselfish donation in time and money to establish what is to date - the best pressure washing contractor organization - in the country. This latest effort is only the beginning.

Everyone, please take a minute and look at what he and the transition team have done for the contractors out there. He and team have worked endlessly with no hidden agenda, in an effort to give the contractor members some tangible return on their membership investment.... this should be commended and it is what I expect as a member. I want the UAMCC to look for opportunities and network me with service companies and open the door for participation in national contracts.

I understand that non-members are concerned about this type of networking that the UAMCC and the collective voice of the membership. If the tables were turned and UAMCC members were barred or given second choice for a cleaning contract, I would be dismayed to say the least.

What I dont understand is why any moron would question Carlos' integrety, honesty or motive. Is it Jealousy? Is it envy? Or is it because they just have too much free time on their hands? I simply don't get it. I don't always agree with Carlos, but I have a level of respect for him that simple words in a BBS post can't even begin to describe. Only an idiot would compare him to less than honorable actions or intentions with anything he does or says. That you can take to the bank!

Finally the ultimate question that many non-members continue to banter about on the BBS. Should I join or not? It is a personal decision one has to make. The UAMCC bus is headed for good things down the road. You can jump on the bus now, at a later time or not at all. If the UAMCC agenda that they layed out around the country prior to the launch doesn't fit your business model, that is OK, to each his own. If there are things you don't like about the organization or things that you would like to see changed, come on down out of the bleachers, join, run for a BOD seat and implement the changes you want. Or you can stay in the bleachers, take conversations out of context, point fingers and try to poke holes in every single breath the UAMCC takes.

This newly announced national contract should not be surprising to anyone. Carlos and the Transition team are simply delivering on their agenda, hopes and aspirations that will benefit the membership of the organization. I look forward to the UAMCC networking the membership list with as many of the national service companies they can find.

Good Job Carlos, and once again thanks for delivering another tangible return on my membership investment!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jeremy Clark

I have to congratulate Carlos and the whole UAMCC staff for giving us members a chance at being a part of a larger bid package. Some will have to fight just a little bit harder and grind numbers to keep what is already there's. This economy is dog eat dog, and isn't always providing the couple of year's ago higher profit margins. For example, many of the California public construction winning bid results are coming in many % points below engineer's estimates and a there is a significant increase in the amount of companies bidding public work projects. Telling me the owner of a new start up make it work!

I consider the opportunity to be made aware of any public or private bid an opportunity to move my small company forward. The UAMCC is providing a platform that enables my company to compete on large multiple store bids and against companies I didn't know existed; that is just fine with me. I suspect many grandfathered companies are disheartened about the possible rebid of their contracts, but get use to the competiton everyone and the age of information. The days of minimal competition and closed bidding is becoming a thing of the past. To survive you have to tighten your belt, sharpen your pencil, and fight like hell to be better and outlast the next guy.

Call me what you want for taking the opportunity to fairly bid against you on your highly profitable accounts and thank you UAMCC for providing the platform.

No, instead call me entrepreneurial, forward thinking, and know capable of enjoying the same bidding opportunities only alloted to companies with a sales staff or the time outside of the work day to find new work. Thank You UAMCC; this membership even up'd the playing field and just gave many of us the knowledge,insight, and ability to move forward with opportunities not on our radar.

Thanks again UAMCC

That is....

If the going rate out here in California and Arizona is $400 a Dumpster and this "National " company wants to only give a $175 for the same work, then were dose that leave all of us who have that location at $400. Do we loose that location because they found a " Hacker" to do the job at $175?

Thats my 2 cents !

Still would like to know the answer to this question... Anybody?

Mathew Johnson

If you are asking if a company would use somebody to get the job done cheaper, Uh..... I guess the answer is yes.... that is basic business. I have a question...... Do you consider everbody else who does work cheaper than you a "Hacker"?

Or maybe you could give us your definition of hacker so that we may provide a better answer to your question. I looked it up in my Jeff Foxworthys Redneck dictionary and it defines a "hacker" as someone who spits a lot.

Jeff LeCours

Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning

That is....

Thats my 2 cents !
Still would like to know the answer to this question... Anybody

I must of missed the question before. I woulld say you would have to ask someone else maybe the national company or who you work for on the $400. You do dumpster for this group??? I though you usually only did garages. I'd say I would call who you work for, thats what most contractors would do

As for hackers, I know some that do these for the $175 and they arent hackers, far from it. One of my close friends and a hell of a telented contractor in Myrtle Beach does one of them and he's a guy many of us go to when we have specialty work that we don't do, like wood restoration, concrete coatings and sealing. The guy is a perfectionist...NO ONE in this town would ever call him a hacker. Then you have another contractor who I think does 60 of these dumpster, smart biz man, never heard anyone call him a hacker

So I think you will have to ask who you work for, they should be the ones with your answer

RMedbery

I think I did..........cant remember where or which post though. For KEC anyway, and not always, the national company may give regional prices. Still not as high as you would like but probably higher than what they are paying for the same thing in the middle of Nebraska. They still get the same amount per location from the large chain, but then pay different amounts depending on where it is. They take the bad with the good, in the end, the average still makes them money even though there might be a few locations where they pay more than they get.

Chris Tharpe

I think I did..........cant remember where or which post though. For KEC anyway, and not always, the national company may give regional prices. Still not as high as you would like but probably higher than what they are paying for the same thing in the middle of Nebraska. They still get the same amount per location from the large chain, but then pay different amounts depending on where it is. They take the bad with the good, in the end, the average still makes them money even though there might be a few locations where they pay more than they get.

You don't get much sleep either I see.

Gene Fivel

That is....

Thats my 2 cents !

I try to not get in these ****ing contests but I guess I need to say something about all this. First of all Nobody knows what the contract calls for but they are quick to cut down Carlos and the transition team. I think they have come a long way and will progress even further if we give them a chance.The way I see it is we the contractor members have been given a chance to look at additional work and decide if it is of value to us to accept the contract from TWS. All you BIG companies have a whole lot more overhead than us smaller ones so you have to bid jobs accordingly in order to make a profit. The smaller contractors can do work cheaper and just as good at a lower profit margin.No one is saying you have to accept less money but business is business and the way it works is everyone is trying to save money on their bottom line. . Its no diffrent than buying a new skid from company A for $6000.00 that others sell for 7000.00. Would you call company A a HACKER?

I for one reserve my decision to take some of this work until I see the work order. If I think I can make money with it I will take some of the work.If I see that its really not enough money for what they want done I will not take on the contract. (putting on my fire proof suit on now)

Go UAMCC

Florin Nutu

That is....

Thats my 2 cents !

I try to not get in these ****ing contests but I guess I need to say something about all this. First of all Nobody knows what the contract calls for but they are quick to cut down Carlos and the transition team. I think they have come a long way and will progress even further if we give them a chance.The way I see it is we the contractor members have been given a chance to look at additional work and decide if it is of value to us to accept the contract from TWS. All you BIG companies have a whole lot more overhead than us smaller ones so you have to bid jobs accordingly in order to make a profit. The smaller contractors can do work cheaper and just as good at a lower profit margin.No one is saying you have to accept less money but business is business and the way it works is everyone is trying to save money on their bottom line. . Its no diffrent than buying a new skid from company A for $6000.00 that others sell for 7000.00. Would you call company A a HACKER?

I for one reserve my decision to take some of this work until I see the work order. If I think I can make money with it I will take some of the work.If I see that its really not enough money for what they want done I will not take on the contract. (putting on my fire proof suit on now)

Go UAMCC

+1

Reading all the posts about this on the BBS's. Its been really hard biting my lip and not going off on some of the comments. I find it amazing how comments are posted when the facts are not even out yet.

I also will wait till the facts are out and see what is offered on the table before I decide if its good or not for my business model.

If you are asking if a company would use somebody to get the job done cheaper, Uh..... I guess the answer is yes.... that is basic business. I have a question...... Do you consider everybody else who does work cheaper than you a "Hacker"?

Or maybe you could give us your definition of hacker so that we may provide a better answer to your question. I looked it up in my Jeff Foxworthys Redneck dictionary and it defines a "hacker" as someone who spits a lot.

Well You made me laugh. :clap:

I am sorry for the word " Hacker ". Got caught up in the mist. I just wanted to know, as all of us should realize by now the answer. It appears to me that one would lose his or her account IF they had Jack in the Box. This national contract would most likely cancel any and all agreements you may have with the district manager or these locations.

I am not to worried since JITB is only a VERY VERY small part of my sales. But in dealing with them on a limited bases, I do notice that they are cheaper then most businesses. Almost like a Chinese restaurant. :yes: ( My wife is Chinese ).

Here in California, you need to be permitted if you are going to do the dumpsters and drive thru's... unless you are taking the reclamation away with you which creates a whole other set of issues.

So what will happen to your existing account? Will it be giving to someone else? Will you be forced to accept less $$$, work harder for less dollars? Or if you do not accept these new lower pricing, do you face not having your account?

( The reason why I say lower pricing is that here in California, some of the highest pricing in the Union from what I have noticed, is that NO company in their right mind is going to say... "Oh ya, lets sign a contract that will cost us more money". It's not going to happen. )

TWS has to make a profit. Thats what all of us do, that's why we are in Business. But this profit will come from your hard labor. If you are willing to accept 20 to 40% less then the current rate, then thats fine. Shoot, if they offered me 100+ restaurants, I would be willing to cut my pricing as well. But always remember, The grass is not always greener on the other side. There are benefits from this type of contract and there are downfalls. You will most likely not hold the contract. You will not be in the driver seat. You will be a passenger on a bus and can be easily replaced at the next stop.

These are good and bad issues that ALL of us should look at.

Florin Nutu

One thing that keeps getting overlooked and fingers keep getting pointed to UAMCC or TWS about current contractors losing their contract with JITB is this, in my opinion....

Those contractors were going to lose their contract no matter what, if UAMCC or TWS was in the picture or not. JITB was looking to go to a service company themselves. If it wasnt the TWS it would have been another one. The chances are that the other service company would do the same in giving a volume price and then they would distribute the work to companies willing to work for the price.