• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

For Immediate Release ~ UAMCC/TWS Ink Deal with Jack in the Box

Jeff LeCours

One thing that keeps getting overlooked and fingers keep getting pointed to UAMCC or TWS about current contractors losing their contract with JITB is this, in my opinion....

Those contractors were going to lose their contract no matter what, if UAMCC or TWS was in the picture or not. JITB was looking to go to a service company themselves. If it wasnt the TWS it would have been another one. The chances are that the other service company would do the same in giving a volume price and then they would distribute the work to companies willing to work for the price.

BINGO.

You can do the work or not, we have members here that are making this work very well for them and other members that won't touch it with a ten foot pole. This is going to be a great experience to see how we can better an account and for future accounts that may call. We have to learn, dissect, question, analyze and see how all things can be improved.

Through much of the BS crap the past day, there also has been some good questions brought forth. Constructive discussion is a great thing for persons, for a biz and for an org

Go UAMCC

One thing that keeps getting overlooked and fingers keep getting pointed to UAMCC or TWS about current contractors losing their contract with JITB is this, in my opinion....

Those contractors were going to lose their contract no matter what, if UAMCC or TWS was in the picture or not. JITB was looking to go to a service company themselves. If it wasn't the TWS it would have been another one. The chances are that the other service company would do the same in giving a volume price and then they would distribute the work to companies willing to work for the price.

Not necessary.... In the simplest form, possibly.

Not all nation wide companies have the ability for water reclamation and all the different permits needed for each county. Trust me, there is allot of counties in our nation and the costs and resources would be immense for one company. This is the problem with going national.

This is not impossible, but it is an undertaking of knowing the different laws within ones state, county and even cities. NOT ALL cities have the same laws. Heck, the next town over from me it is illegal to wash your car in your own driveway.

So for the stricter areas of water reclamation such as in Lake Tahoe county, one would need the latest filtration units, thus the pricing would be higher. In another state, where water reclamation is "NON Existent", cost would be minimal.

The UAMCC needs to watch out for their contractors on this. Pricing needs to be fair market value. Look it, I have not heard of a National ( National meaning in every state ) reclamation Pressure Washing Company here in California. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. This is the first.

We need to set the foundation that all "possible" national contracts will go by.

Gosh, is everybody hurting that bad? Sounds like those movies of the 1940's where the Big Business was offering low wages and people was flocking by the thousands just to work for 1/3 of normal wages. Unions tried to come in to improve working conditions and wages and they got squashed.

If you want to shoot yourself in the foot..... well you get the picture.

All I am saying is that this may or may NOT be a good thing. You need to wait and see. We all know the possible bad that will go with this.... now lets see what is the possible good and if the good out weighs the bad.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Through much of the BS crap the past day, there also has been some good questions brought forth. Constructive discussion is a great thing for persons, for a biz and for an org

Whats BS Jeff, the members asking and helping you solve the problem. Statements like that make people affraid to ask and answer questions.

Asside from Tony's comments some serious questions need answered and fixed.

The idea of this org being a sales machine I'm not comfortable with. I personally think its not the business of a national organization.

In the future they will be handling money and power. Along with this come the natural human Greed.

Get it straight, no accusing you or anyone else in this org for being dishonest. Just stating the problems that could arise in the future. Men are men and make mistakes and bad choices.

cmturner

I agree with Florin on this about the contract going to a national service company anyway, at least this way we can get a shot at it. When i worked in the sign business most of the big restaurant franchises used nationwide companies that would contract to the small independent companies like us. Thats just how it worked, they get a light out, they call it in, then the nationwide company calls and gets bids to fix the problem, then we would go fix the problem. Would get paid from the nationwide company. We used to do site surveys for national companies all of the time too. It is just how business is done for these nationwide companies, pretty much like a property manager for their cleaning. Works for me.:yes:

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
WOW I'm glad I turned off the ceiling fan before reading all this.

Complaining and accusing now is like placing an add in the paper without having the knowledge of the circulation or fees. Wait until you know the numbers, you might still do it.

I agree with some that the ORG does not need to be in this as a part of the contractural discussions but should be available to educate potential customers by backing up it's members with documentation and such. Now isn't TWS a member?

We should be happy for that member just like any other member when they get a new contract. What's the difference if you lose to a management company or another competitor? Nothing, you still lose the account. Only with the management company you may still have a chance to service the customer if you so choose to do so. Yes it might be less money but you don't have to do it. When you lose to a competitor you don't get that choice.

I think the title of the thread is also misleading. It was posted that UAMCC is not involved with the contract. The title should have been UAMCC helps member win deal with JITB or something of that sort. The way it is now it looks like UMACC has signed on the dotted line. That's how I read it at first.

JITB was going to get a management company one way or the other I'm just glad it is a UMACC member.

Now this doesn't affect me like it will others. I don't do them now and there are probably only 3 or 4 within 100 miles of me. The contractors out West have more locations I believe. We didn't even have one in my town until 3 years ago.

Maybe we can get a ciabata sandwich out of the deal.

Have a great day all.

Mathew Johnson

Whats BS Jeff, the members asking and helping you solve the problem. Statements like that make people affraid to ask and answer questions.

The idea of this org being a sales machine I'm not comfortable with. I personally think its not the business of a national organization.

In the future they will be handling money and power. Along with this come the natural human Greed.

Get it straight, no accusing you or anyone else in this org for being dishonest. Just stating the problems that could arise in the future. Men are men and make mistakes and bad choices.

I dont want them to be a sales machine either BUT, I do want the national org to open doors for opportunities my company and network me with any national service company they stumble across. I will make the final decision on whether or not I elect to offer my company services. I have read the BBS and the general gist of the CURRENT contractor membership is that the majority supports the initiative and direction this is headed.

Personally, as for the people out there who aren't members, it really doesn't matter if they approve or disapprove. The reality is this, there are several thousand contractors out there, a fraction (and I mean fraction) of which are here on the BBS. and a fraction (and I do mean fraction) of which who have chosen to voice dissapproval with this new announcement and find there way clear to take further steps to destroy the UAMCC and discredit the transition team.

I don't think greed is everyones motive.... it is certainly a topic that is easily introduced to send the true meaning of an action and the message off topic. It is a great distractor term to use to cause turmoil and division. It just doesn't apply to this.

Again, everyone has a choice here, they can get on the UAMCC bus or not... it is a personal decision. To me, I elected to get on the UAMCC bus based on the framework and agenda the transition team put together... Another point that I learned in the past regarding forward thinking is that it is really hard to get ran over by the bus it you are on it!

I do actually agree with Ron in that I do not want the UAMCC Brokering a sale for me. I do expect the org to continue to network me and national service companies at every turn. If the companies that are currently servicing the national accounts are providing great service at an affordable price, then they should not be worried about anything. If they are screwing the customer (IE 800.00 for 2 hours work) on price, they should be concerned.

For the people who don't like what they see with the UAMCC progress.... 393.00 gets you vote in the direction of the organization and future decisions that will be made.

Mathew Johnson

WOW I'm glad I turned off the ceiling fan before reading all this.

Complaining and accusing now is like placing an add in the paper without having the knowledge of the circulation or fees. Wait until you know the numbers, you might still do it.

I agree with some that the ORG does not need to be in this as a part of the contractural discussions but should be available to educate potential customers by backing up it's members with documentation and such. Now isn't TWS a member?

We should be happy for that member just like any other member when they get a new contract. What's the difference if you lose to a management company or another competitor? Nothing, you still lose the account. Only with the management company you may still have a chance to service the customer if you so choose to do so. Yes it might be less money but you don't have to do it. When you lose to a competitor you don't get that choice.

I think the title of the thread is also misleading. It was posted that UAMCC is not involved with the contract. The title should have been UAMCC helps member win deal with JITB or something of that sort. The way it is now it looks like UMACC has signed on the dotted line. That's how I read it at first.

JITB was going to get a management company one way or the other I'm just glad it is a UMACC member.

Now this doesn't affect me like it will others. I don't do them now and there are probably only 3 or 4 within 100 miles of me. The contractors out West have more locations I believe. We didn't even have one in my town until 3 years ago.

Maybe we can get a ciabata sandwich out of the deal.

Have a great day all.

Great post Pat!:clap:

Ken Fenner

I dont want them to be a sales machine either BUT, I do want the national org to open doors for opportunities my company and network me with any national service company they stumble across. I will make the final decision on whether or not I elect to offer my company services. I have read the BBS and the general gist of the CURRENT contractor membership is that the majority supports the initiative and direction this is headed.

Personally, as for the people out there who aren't members, it really doesn't matter if they approve or disapprove. The reality is this, there are several thousand contractors out there, a fraction (and I mean fraction) of which are here on the BBS. and a fraction (and I do mean fraction) of which who have chosen to voice dissapproval with this new announcement and find there way clear to take further steps to destroy the UAMCC and discredit the transition team.

I don't think greed is everyones motive.... it is certainly a topic that is easily introduced to send the true meaning of an action and the message off topic. It is a great distractor term to use to cause turmoil and division. It just doesn't apply to this.

Again, everyone has a choice here, they can get on the UAMCC bus or not... it is a personal decision. To me, I elected to get on the UAMCC bus based on the framework and agenda the transition team put together... Another point that I learned in the past regarding forward thinking is that it is really hard to get ran over by the bus it you are on it!

I do actually agree with Ron in that I do not want the UAMCC Brokering a sale for me. I do expect the org to continue to network me and national service companies at every turn. If the companies that are currently servicing the national accounts are providing great service at an affordable price, then they should not be worried about anything. If they are screwing the customer (IE 800.00 for 2 hours work) on price, they should be concerned.

For the people who don't like what they see with the UAMCC progress.... 393.00 gets you vote in the direction of the organization and future decisions that will be made.

And I'll give you your kudos for this one, Matt. You summed it up perfectly.

Mathew... great post.

Pat, I think you are right in terms of how this announcement was worded. I would perhaps suggest that it came out too early and did not highlight the 'ins and outs' of the events leading up to this 'deal'.

I strongly disagree with the UAMCC 'brokering' or 'negotiating' deals or terms... I know I have been told that this was not the case in this instance, however, the announcement has led to innuendo and a circus in typical BBS fashion.

The fact of the matter is that I, along with many others, want to see this organization succeed. There have been many who have put in countless, thankless hours to take the organization to where it is today... it will continue to grow from this point.

Business is business... we all win some and lose some... I'm not winning or losing in this JITB deal, however, I do care about how this has gone down with members and non-members, and I do care about the integrity of the UAMCC. As a member, I want to ensure that we all benefit.

Anyway, I'm half way through a 48hr work day :biggrin: 2 centers to clean tonight, another to bid on and residential all day tomorrow...

Jeff LeCours

Give me a break, thats just funny. I am very open for questions, you know that Ron

topcoat

Contributing Member
I've been doing some reading lately on the difference between street smarts in business and true business savvy. Not sure if that applies here though.

As to greed in business, I have always found that contractors in any field who intentionally do things like exploit illegal labor, or evade taxes, etc...those actions are blatantly driven by greed.

I think Carlos has made it pretty clear that he is not looking to make the UAMCC a broker or price setting institution, and as Jeff mentioned, that would likely violate the organizations status as a non profit. Didnt people start throwing the G word around when the UAMCC started accepting membership fees? What is with the paranoia that causes people to cast such an insulting and libelous stone? Hate to see people project the skeletons from their own closets onto Carlos. I met him in Albany and spent alot of time talking with him. He was more interested in hearing what I had to say about what an organization could do for my business, but when I got him to explain to me the what and why of his passion for this thing...wow. I am excited to watch this organization grow. We can already see the cream rising to the top. There will be those who will hate to see it succeed. Thats healthy. Its clear that Carlos and the team built this thing to withstand the hits that people will throw at it.

Carlos Gonzales

Good seeing you Scott. I see that you are busy with your business...good deal.

Hope things are well for you in VT. Thanks for your insight. The UAMCC will keep moving forward.

The UAMCC will move forward and continue to advance the interests of the industry, and I'm sure the usual nay-say'ers will also most likely continue spewing their negative, narrow-minded, paranoid rhetoric about Carlos and the UAMCC.

Unfortunately for them, the UAMCC train has left the station and it won't be derailed or sidetracked by those that apparently have nothing more important to do in their lives.

It's not a perfect world and there will be mistakes made along the way, but we'll learn from them and move forward.

Go UAMCC!!!

Carlos Gonzales

The UAMCC will move forward and continue to advance the interests of the industry, and I'm sure the usual nay-say'ers will also most likely continue spewing their negative, narrow-minded, paranoid rhetoric about Carlos and the UAMCC.

Unfortunately for them, the UAMCC train has left the station and it won't be derailed or sidetracked by those that apparently have nothing more important to do in their lives.

It's not a perfect world and there will be mistakes made along the way, but we'll learn from them and move forward.

Go UAMCC!!!

Good post Don. Interesting how much we learn through things like this. 100+ member strong and there are more joining every day.

Jeff LeCours

Mathew... great post.

Pat, I think you are right in terms of how this announcement was worded. I would perhaps suggest that it came out too early and did not highlight the 'ins and outs' of the events leading up to this 'deal'.

I strongly disagree with the UAMCC 'brokering' or 'negotiating' deals or terms... I know I have been told that this was not the case in this instance, however, the announcement has led to innuendo and a circus in typical BBS fashion.

The fact of the matter is that I, along with many others, want to see this organization succeed. There have been many who have put in countless, thankless hours to take the organization to where it is today... it will continue to grow from this point.

Business is business... we all win some and lose some... I'm not winning or losing in this JITB deal, however, I do care about how this has gone down with members and non-members, and I do care about the integrity of the UAMCC. As a member, I want to ensure that we all benefit.

Anyway, I'm half way through a 48hr work day :biggrin: 2 centers to clean tonight, another to bid on and residential all day tomorrow...

I do like how you sum things up and you have keen insight. Man I wish I was a smart as you when I was your age, heck I wish I was that smart now LOL

Everything is a learning experience, some things are done perfect other things may not be done perfectly, but if the integrity and transparency of the org is there, we can always move forward

Mathew Johnson

Go UAMCC!!!

Well Said Don!

Eric Flynn

Go UAMCC!!!

Yep! +10 :clap:

~Jen

Jeff LeCours

I've been doing some reading lately on the difference between street smarts in business and true business savvy. Not sure if that applies here though.

As to greed in business, I have always found that contractors in any field who intentionally do things like exploit illegal labor, or evade taxes, etc...those actions are blatantly driven by greed.

I think Carlos has made it pretty clear that he is not looking to make the UAMCC a broker or price setting institution, and as Jeff mentioned, that would likely violate the organizations status as a non profit. Didnt people start throwing the G word around when the UAMCC started accepting membership fees? What is with the paranoia that causes people to cast such an insulting and libelous stone? Hate to see people project the skeletons from their own closets onto Carlos. I met him in Albany and spent alot of time talking with him. He was more interested in hearing what I had to say about what an organization could do for my business, but when I got him to explain to me the what and why of his passion for this thing...wow. I am excited to watch this organization grow. We can already see the cream rising to the top. There will be those who will hate to see it succeed. Thats healthy. Its clear that Carlos and the team built this thing to withstand the hits that people will throw at it.

I havent seen you around that much lately. Where have you been. Must be staying busy. good to see you

topcoat

Contributing Member
I havent seen you around that much lately. Where have you been. Must be staying busy. good to see you

Likewise. Its been a very busy year for us. I try to pop in here daily, havent been posting much. Seems like there isnt much talk about pw-ing these days. Mostly roundtables and seminars that are 1000 miles from me or squabbling over whether there is enough sky for all the stars.