• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

For Immediate Release ~ UAMCC/TWS Ink Deal with Jack in the Box

Jeremy Clark

What ever came of the UAMCC and TWC Jack-in-the box deal.

After all the hoopla- I haven't heard or seen anything on the board about moving forward. Maybe I missed it.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Anyone Still working with TWS? Are they still a UAMCC member?

The UAMCC and TWS is pleased to announce that we have received word today that we have been awarded the first phase of a two phase nationwide contract to service over 2,100 locations.

Corporate Jack in the Box contacted the UAMCC in early June to give the UAMCC the opportunity to bid on the national account. Over the last 8 weeks not only has the UAMCC positioned itself to be the quarterback on this deal we also engaged the services of Tech Wash Services (TWS) to act on our behalf to facilitate the roll-out.

The contract requirements from Jack in the Box does require a service company presence. The UAMCC infrastructure at this time does not have the tracking systems in place to be able to handle the volume of 2,100+ locations. The services that TWS provides was a logical and prudent choice to get them involved. Needless to say, this strategy paid off in the long run as both TWS and UAMCC's efforts prove to be what won this contract.

TWS and UAMCC will both quarterback the 1st phase roll-out in which 154 stores will have a one time clean-up performed with a completion date of September of this year. Once we satisfy the 154 store clean-up then a quarterly clean-up contract of 2,1000+ locations will be in order.

For those that are members of the UAMCC today, you will be afforded a first view relating to the service requirements of the contract. Today, UAMCC and TWS will be utilizing each others resources to satisfy and complete Phase I. For those are not UAMCC Contractor Members but are part of the TWS network, you will be encouraged and ask to join the UAMCC Association, as we were the lead company that Jack In The Box made contact with plus our informational packed that was sent to them set the stage for subsequent meetings that ultimately paved the way for a UAMCC/TWS venture.

TWS and the UAMCC are currently hammering out the logistical and scheduling of Phase I.

Pricing and locations will be discussed on a UAMCC Contractor Members conference call that has yet to be announced. Once I speak more with TWS we will then schedule a conference call with the membership to answer any questions that you may have. I anticipate the conference call to be sometime this week or early next week.

Phase I cleaning will commence the first week of August. The locations of the 154 restaurants are all across the U.S. with a concentration in the South, Southwest, West and Pacific Northwest.

Stay tuned for more information!

Congratulations UAMCC and TWS!

Randy Borio

We did some work for them last year. Not great money but decent for the work we did. My only complaint was 60 day pay cycle. They didn't tell and I forgot to ask. So shame on me i guess. Would I work for them again? Yes. Would I negotiate a higher rate because of 60 days? YES

Michael Tessaro

Have you guys determined if theres room for national service providers?

Ron, We would like to see contractors be able to connect with national service providers. Be we dont want to repeat history either. I really dont want to see a service provider join our org just to see them harvest our member base, low ball the industry and take advantage of our contractors. What does it benefit the contractor? It seems in the past to only benefit the national service provider. The UAMCC.org is FOR CONTRACTORS

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Ron, We would like to see contractors be able to connect with national service providers. Be we dont want to repeat history either. I really dont want to see a service provider join our org just to see them harvest our member base, low ball the industry and take advantage of our contractors. What does it benefit the contractor? It seems in the past to only benefit the national service provider. The UAMCC.org is FOR CONTRACTORS
Thats exactly the way I feel about a national service provider. If guys want to work for them that great. I do some work for a national service provider and the money is not bad but it does seem counter productive to have a company of that magnitude join this org. Different type orgs a national service provider may work good with them to be a member but this org. is a Contractor for Contractors org. and it should stay the course on that since that is the message.

Guy Blackmon

I agree with this also, but I would add (personally) that it would depend on the service provider. Of course they would not be a Member (Can Of Worms) but if the right one were to approach us with a different business plan of action, then I think we would need to look at this.

I would like to see a National Service Provider "Take The Lead" in the Industry. One that supports our Industry, The Contractors, and it's Customers. One that would provide it's customers with a "Quality Work Pool" at reasonable "Market Supported Pricing". Unfortunately there is nothing like this out there right now.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
An NSP that is nothing more than a boiler room for generating leads with no true experience or oversight is not part of our industry. They may be part of the telemarketing industry, or the sales industry, but they aren't anywhere near being part of the pressure washing industry.

There is a place for operations like that - Bidslot is a good example. They use their expertise to bring in the customer and you pay them for that experience and WE take over the job of servicing the account.

There are other levels of this also:
I'll give you an example - There is a service provider I know that subs out work on a national level. They come out and train, they randomly spot check work, take care of all the billing, complaints, etc AND know their business inside and out. This company is truly a contractor based NSP that has earned a place in their particular industry. They have worked out deals so that the contractor is paid fairly for their time and effort and pay up when due. they know enough about their particular industry to know how to bid competitively without destroying the market.

On the other hand there are other companies that have no idea what the difference is between a surface cleaner and a nozzle and only know how to BS their way into national contracts with promises that can't possibly be fulfilled. They seem to believe that somehow their involvement is worth as much as the man breaking his back and destroying his equipment to do the work on time. The contractor is the last of their concern and usually the last to get paid. They believe there's always some other junkie willing to accept the work for whatever amount they bid even if you quit.

In my opinion we should be able to determine which is which and work with the ones that truly have the industry's best interest in mind and not thinking daily of more ways to prey on the industry.

AND, signing up a NSP to cultivate automatic new org members even when there were already complaints from real contractors about the NSP showed more concern for numbers than for the well being of contractors.

If an NSP is going to have anything to do with a national org they should have a history of supporting contractors. Are there any out there?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Very great responses from all, please keep opionions coming on this subject. Maybe answers as to how a provider like Bidlsot could benifit members in the long or short run.

Russ Spence

We have had tons of calls this year from NSP's all or most are garbage wanting to whore out contractors, I have seen everything from $39 Walgreen's to $295 restaurants including all walkways, building and the ENTIRE parking lot!

Then we have had a few that worked out as well, some had some idea of what they were asking but for the most part they think they are doing a favor at 20 to 25 dollars per hour.