• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

One of our advertisers, Hyde and all other distribs and manufacturers

Ken Fenner

The Hydestore . com has banners that are rotating through our forum here. I clicked on one the other day to check out the pivot nozzle wands. I really thought it was going to be a joke. I contacted Hyde and they were gracious enough to send one out for me to test. I will be putting it through its paces over the next couple of weeks (I have not received it yet). I will give you my honest opinion based on how well it works and its durability.

In fact, as a sideline brainstorm (or brain flatulence) I am starting a column on the Pressure Washing News that will feature nothing but various equipment that is new or outside the ordinary. If you have something you would like to have tested let me know. Your product will get an honest and objective test. If its good I will sing its praises and recommend it to contractors. If its not all that great, I'll be nice but I will be straightforward.

Terry Miller

Ken,
We have worked with manufactureres for a long time. They are happy to get products and equipment into professional hands for an opinion. Basically we have tested airless sprayers, brushes, rollers and quite a lot of product. We have been a tester for Flood Company for about 8+ years. This is avery good move bringing the availability of having testers in the UAMCC. We should have a list of individuals Nation wide available for manufacturers. Maybe have them contact you or the new Regional Director? This could be very big if we pursue it. Handyman has a seal of approval registered. Again the UAMCC could develop our own seal of approval for products? Thank you.

Ken Fenner

I like where you are going, Terry. This was one of the things I advocated from the beginning. Its a small thing in the big picture of the UAMCC and the guys have enough on their plate so I decided to run with it. I'd be happy to have a "team" if you will. Having more than one opinion keeps things fair.

Is anyone else interested? I'd be looking for company owners that have some experience in the field so that they know what to look for in a product. You also of course have to like to write.

Manufacturers and distributors this is an opportunity to create buzz around your new chemicals, parts, sealers or software. Its a win/win even if your product doesn't test well, you'll have the input of a professional test group to guide you in making improvements.

Rick Petry, I am looking at you!

Edit: Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be a UAMCC member.

Trevor Steel

count me in, I like what I am reading. We've all been there at one point with no where to turn for help. A place where products can be tested and unbiasedly rated will be a great benefit for UAMCC members. Good work yall!

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I like where you are going, Terry. This was one of the things I advocated from the beginning. Its a small thing in the big picture of the UAMCC and the guys have enough on their plate so I decided to run with it. I'd be happy to have a "team" if you will. Having more than one opinion keeps things fair.

Is anyone else interested? I'd be looking for company owners that have some experience in the field so that they know what to look for in a product. You also of course have to like to write.

Manufacturers and distributors this is an opportunity to create buzz around your new chemicals, parts, sealers or software. Its a win/win even if your product doesn't test well, you'll have the input of a professional test group to guide you in making improvements.

Rick Petry, I am looking at you!

Edit: Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be a UAMCC member.

Hi Ken,
Long time no see,hope all is well.
I would be interested in testing products and evaluating.

Jimmy V

Ken Fenner

I got the wand in today. I won't be out in the field until next week. I'll save the box. We'll set something up where we will each test it in our own way and then ship it to the next guy. In the future, if the item is not expensive and the manufacturer agrees, we'll all get one separately so we can test the items all at the same time.

Just so everyone is clear, you'll be testing as scientifically as you can and writing an objective article of 500-750 words on your findings. Each of us will also scan the internet and call manufacturers and distributors and ask them if they would like to have a product tested. If you guys are good with that, give me a thumbs up and we'll get this ball rolling.

Trevor Steel

Here's one for you Ken, someone might already have an opinion, if so please post.
yhst-6302467517443_2061_11844325

Suttner ST-85 Push & Pull Lance
I will purchase one soon to test if there are no posts or opinions.

Ken Fenner

I actually opened it this morning. The MPT at the end had too short of a shaft so I had to swap it out. Played with it a little bit on the jobsite but we were faced with the threat of storms and didn't really have time to play. It seems well constructed. I'm going to play with it in my driveway this weekend. I'll write up my report for the latter part of next week.

I'll formalize up with everyone interested in being a tester next week as well. If any of you contractors have looked at a product and thought.. "looks interesting.. wonder if it works" post it up here and we'll see if we can get a hold of a test sample.

Carlos Gonzales

I actually opened it this morning. The MPT at the end had too short of a shaft so I had to swap it out. Played with it a little bit on the jobsite but we were faced with the threat of storms and didn't really have time to play. It seems well constructed. I'm going to play with it in my driveway this weekend. I'll write up my report for the latter part of next week.

I'll formalize up with everyone interested in being a tester next week as well. If any of you contractors have looked at a product and thought.. "looks interesting.. wonder if it works" post it up here and we'll see if we can get a hold of a test sample.

Cool Ken...I like this idea. Lets see where this goes. Thank you for taking the initiative on this. Let us know how it turn out.