• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Grease Trap Cleaning?

RMedbery

I dont, some guys do. Many mom n pops grease trap is under the sink, not very large. Most of the places I do have several thousand gallon grease traps and get them pumped on a regular basis by 18 wheel tanker trucks.

Ive bid a few military installations........never got one.

Carlos Gonzales

Great feedback Roger...thanks. I have to go back and look at these but if my memory is correct these are around 100 gal. traps that Matt sent over to me last night. I just wanted to know if they are worth pushing out in front of you all.

I dont, some guys do. Many mom n pops grease trap is under the sink, not very large. Most of the places I do have several thousand gallon grease traps and get them pumped on a regular basis by 18 wheel tanker trucks.

Ive bid a few military installations........never got one.

Alexy

We do them but only as an add on to a KEC job. They are more work than they are worth to most contractors since the material has to be disposed of and all systems in front of the trap need to be off.

Michael Tessaro

We have cleaned out some grease vaults only after they were pumped out. Our job was to clean the walls so they could reseal the interior. This was enclosed area cleaning which needed air circulation and air packs for breathing and lighting. Not a fun job, but lucrative $$.

But as to regular grease trap pumping we leave that to the Honey Pot Truck.

And yes we work on Military Bases, State and Federal Institutions also.

Josh Dodson

If you have never been near a grease trap when it is popped open you will not appreciate what it takes to clean one of those suckers. I don't do grease traps anymore, gave up on them several years ago.

I've been in on a couple of government bids, but they tend to go to the person that isn't cursed with being born Caucasian and male. I would welcome the opportunity to work for the government, if I cold get a fair shot.

If you have never been near a grease trap when it is popped open you will not appreciate what it takes to clean one of those suckers. I don't do grease traps anymore, gave up on them several years ago.

I've been in on a couple of government bids, but they tend to go to the person that isn't cursed with being born Caucasian and male. I would welcome the opportunity to work for the government, if I cold get a fair shot.

We have been on flat work jobs when the honey truck showed up.I thought I understood nasty smells when I cleaned trash trucks,but grease trap odor would make a skunk vomit.