• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Wage Hike, Losing Hikes

Chris Tharpe

I recieved the dreaded call this afternoon stating that since the new wage hike that for some reason has snuck up on this partictular account, they are no longer able to make their P&L numbers and continue service. This is not that large of an account for me however it still sucks to loose $3,000 a month from them in continual service not to mention the extra 2-3k we do for them monthly on other services. I am just unsure on how this could sneak up on someone that could prohibit them from service, its not like they have not known its coming. The only problem I see with this is they are into alot of debt rebuilding their stores and changing the exterior image costing nearly 1,000,000 per store at a rate of 72 stores that could get expensive. The owner just needs to stop the build on his new house that consists of $4,000,000 and contribute to his business instead of his ego.

Enough ranting , has anyone else started to see things fall apart from the new minimal wage hike

Ken Fenner

That is terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. That's not a small chunk of change to lose. The excuse sounds hokey. I didn't think anyone actually paid minimum wage. What type of business is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Randall Brooks

Sounds like they seen it coming and you lucky to have kept it this long in this economy. I'd keep my snide remarks about the owners house to myself and send them some thank you for your biz cards please remember me when your bugets get back to normal. Then send letters every 60 days keeping in touch.

MarieMwa

It may be a situation too where they cannot affor the full $3K but might be able to afford $2K. Rather than negotiate with you for a lower price so they can keep you hey decided to cut it all together. I'd go in there and offer a bi-monthly rate or something. Make a change to the services so you can keep the account and eventually they might bump you back to full boar.

Jim Chesmore

It may be a situation too where they cannot affor the full $3K but might be able to afford $2K. Rather than negotiate with you for a lower price so they can keep you hey decided to cut it all together. I'd go in there and offer a bi-monthly rate or something. Make a change to the services so you can keep the account and eventually they might bump you back to full boar.

My thoughts exactly, try to save the acct. if you can

Chris Tharpe

I don't clean a restaurant on more than 30 day service especially on drive-in types of properties. These stores were being cleaned on 7 day service for the most part and the amount of gum was awful. I did the initial cleanings at regular price to ease the burden on them so please don't take it wrong when I took a large loss on the initial cleanings only to service the accounts for a few months but not nearly long enough to recoup the amount I could have made elsewhere on those nights. These guys got an awesome rate at $800.00 per store first cleaning that included the entire parking lot, then 7 day service on 1 set of stalls and the patio for an 150 a week.

The pricing is on a great scale and worked out well for us but we didn't service them long enough to recoup the 2-3 nights it took 3 guys to clean an entire parking lot. I won't make that mistake again and there will be writing that states if service is halted before 1 year then the initial cleaning price must be paid in full withing 30 days of cancellation of service