• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Damn Crackheads

Florin Nutu

We had a string of burglaries in my neighborhood last night. They hit 8 of my neghbors including myself. They broke into my van and took my GPS unit, loose change, CD,s, Ipod, and the worst of all they took my box of cigars. I am still racking my brain on what else I had in there. What makes it scary is they broke into one of the neighbors garage while they were sleeping. It couldv gotten worse because their man door in the garage that was attached to their house was unlocked but luckily they left with just the goods in the garage and vehicles.

Can anybody recommend a good security system and or service for the home. I just hooked up one to the van but am concerned about my family while in the home. Is ADT any good? My fiance is strongly against a gun in the house due to having a curious 3 year old that gets into everything. I will be bringing my compound bow in the house and keep it under the bed and will Robin Hood their a$$ if someone comes in.

Trevor Steel

Sorry to hear that. It really makes you think, about what matters most. I recommend a gun but if you decide not to go that route you could always post fake alarm system signs in your yard.
Good Luck!

Florin Nutu

Sorry to hear that. It really makes you think, about what matters most. I recommend a gun but if you decide not to go that route you could always post fake alarm system signs in your yard.
Good Luck!

I too would like to go the route of a gun but I will have to respect the wishes and concerns of my fiance of having one in the house. With my military background and shooting competitions I am more than proficient with accuracy and tactics and safety with a gun. We already have alarm signs out and maybe that is why they didnt go in the home but would like something that if they are too dumb to read a sign and still try to get in the home that it will give us a warning that someone just forced their way in or the alarm will scare them off. I guess also I need a pice of mind thing especially in my daughters room window. I know I will not get much sleep tonight worrying if someone will be going in there.

Are Claymore mines legal to have setup in the windows?:got-hooligan:

Rob Huffman

Just a suggestion but put up some motion lights. Mine would scare the be-jesus out of most people as I put the million watt bulbs (my yard will look like a baseball stadium) in them....also have videos cameras...once they all go off once...no one will come near your house...unless they are just that stupid. If thats the case there just isnt anything like a full alarm.

Florin Nutu

Just a suggestion but put up some motion lights. Mine would scare the be-jesus out of most people as I put the million watt bulbs (my yard will look like a baseball stadium) in them....also have videos cameras...once they all go off once...no one will come near your house...unless they are just that stupid. If thats the case there just isnt anything like a full alarm.

Thanks Rob. The way I am felling right now I would love to surround my house with razor barbed wire, sentry posts in towers on all four corners armed, and a roving team of German shepards but I dont think the HOA would aprove. I will look into some of the full security systems around.

Terry Miller

How about the biggest, ugliest dog in the neighborhood! Even a small one that barks loud? Sorry about your problem. people do not respect anyone today.

Attachments

• th_funny_animals_pictures_06.gif
    th_funny_animals_pictures_06.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 25

Guy Blackmon

Florin, sorry to hear that!!! Please don't take offense to what I'm about to say.

I would not care what concerns your fiancé would have with a gun in the house, yes your 3yr old is in the house, but as you know there are many ways to secure a weapon and yet have quick access to it.

If anything your military background should calm any concerns she would have.

In the event (God Forbid!!!!) something were to happen, woulda, shoulda, coulda is not going to make anyone feel better.

Maybe its my Southern upbringing, but my Families security is my job, the color of the carpet, kitchen appliances etc are my wifes.

As you know my Friend, its not the "Law Of The Land" its "The Law Of The Jungle"

I have no interest in killing anyone, but if someone breaks into my home or comes on my land with the intent of stealing from me, I Have No Problem With Sending Them To Their Maker.

Jim Cooney

We had a string of burglaries in my neighborhood last night. They hit 8 of my neghbors including myself. They broke into my van and took my GPS unit, loose change, CD,s, Ipod, and the worst of all they took my box of cigars. I am still racking my brain on what else I had in there. What makes it scary is they broke into one of the neighbors garage while they were sleeping. It couldv gotten worse because their man door in the garage that was attached to their house was unlocked but luckily they left with just the goods in the garage and vehicles.

Can anybody recommend a good security system and or service for the home. I just hooked up one to the van but am concerned about my family while in the home. Is ADT any good? My fiance is strongly against a gun in the house due to having a curious 3 year old that gets into everything. I will be bringing my compound bow in the house and keep it under the bed and will Robin Hood their a$$ if someone comes in.

If my boys don't get them, I have numerous firearms throughout the house.

rottie.jpg

SargeDawg1.jpg

Russ Johnson

UAMCC Associate Member
I have no interest in killing anyone, but if someone breaks into my home or comes on my land with the intent of stealing from me, I Have No Problem With Sending Them To Their Maker.

Hey, if it's them or me....it's them. No question.:grim:

Florin, I'm really sorry for you that you even have to be put in this position. Damn rotten crackheads.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Post a large sign in the yard

This house protected by shotgun 3 nights per week.
You guess which 3!

We had ADT once and when my wife got home the alarm was blaring and after the police checked the house she called ADT and they never called the cops. Told them to pick up the alarm system off the porch before it rained if they wanted it to work.

Randy Borio

I know exactly how you feel, I got broke into once, took the money out of my pants pocket on the bedroom floor and my smokes off the nightstand, but I sleep like a rock. The dog even barked. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I learned to double check the locks and NEVER not get up when the dog barks. I know who did my house just can't prove it. One of the just met his maker last week from a heroin o.d.

Nichole

ADT is a good system. My family has used them for years. They have the best reputation I know. There are a few other companies that offer the same services for a bit less. Things that were important to us were that they had a quick response time with the local police. Also, they had a choice for an alternate "hostage code". It would disable the sirens and such but still sent a signal to call the cops if you were being held hostage . Our alarm had protected us many times when I was living with my parents.

Last edited:

Adrian Carrier

My fiance is strongly against a gun in the house due to having a curious 3 year old that gets into everything. I will be bringing my compound bow in the house and keep it under the bed and will Robin Hood their a$$ if someone comes in.

Are you kidding me... FN? :got-hooligan:

Your fiance' will greatly appreciate you blowing away the NEXT robber that comes into your house, possibly after that child.

That bow won't save you or the child. (Not meant to be an insult as I bet you are pretty good with the bow).

Her views on the gun will change after you protect and save their lives with it.

That child doesn't need to know where you keep it.

I mean come on those "damn crackheads" carry guns too, and wouldn't think twice about using it on you or your family if you happened into their blunder. I haven't heard the term "Compassionate Theiving Crackhead" ever.

Purchase your own window and door sensors, as well as a reputable security service.

IMHO I would take the Ted Nugent approach vs. the Robin Hood approach.

Wife and kid don't need to know where you keep the firearm that you have for their protection until you decide to tell them, if at all.
It's not deception, it's protection.

People are not as willing to reason as much in this day and age, and certainly robbers will not reason with you period.

Read all these post' one more time. I think most concur with the Ted Nugent route.

Crackhead hits my house he'll wish I had dogs instead, I promise you that.:got-hooligan:

Jim Cooney

Are you kidding me... FN? :got-hooligan:

Your fiance' will greatly appreciate you blowing away the NEXT robber that comes into your house, possibly after that child.

That bow won't save you or the child. (Not meant to be an insult as I bet you are pretty good with the bow).

Her views on the gun will change after you protect and save their lives with it.

That child doesn't need to know where you keep it.

I mean come on those "damn crackheads" carry guns too, and wouldn't think twice about using it on you or your family if you happened into their blunder. I haven't heard the term "Compassionate Theiving Crackhead" ever.

Purchase your own window and door sensors, as well as a reputable security service.

IMHO I would take the Ted Nugent approach vs. the Robin Hood approach.

Wife and kid don't need to know where you keep the firearm that you have for their protection until you decide to tell them, if at all.
It's not deception, it's protection.

People are not as willing to reason as much in this day and age, and certainly robbers will not reason with you period.

Read all these post' one more time. I think most concur with the Ted Nugent route.

Crackhead hits my house he'll wish I had dogs instead, I promise you that.:got-hooligan:

An unarmed Citizen is just a victim waiting to happen.