Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cool Deck Cleaning and Staining

Default Re: Cool Deck Cleaning and Staining

Quote Originally Posted by RMedbery View Post
    Nice. That deck would have been even cooler if they encompassed that big tree instead of going around it.

I was thinking that too. I've done some with the tree in the middle. That's probably a tough commitment to make. Thanks Roger.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post
    Ken

Is that an orange Homer Paint Bucket I see in there?

Nice project!
    LOL, good eye. We use a ton of them. The price is better at the Homer than what MAB/SW charges.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Quote Originally Posted by plainpainter View Post
    Oh yeah - the work is nice too, Ken. But that goes without saying - all that glass looks like one major pita. But I guess a stain like bakers or A.C. would be cleanable if left less than 48 hours
    Thanks, Dan. We got caught in a rain storm when cleaning them at the end of a day and even 24 hours later it was a pain. God Bless Windex (two full bottles used cleaning these panes)
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Quote Originally Posted by tegrey View Post
    Ken,
    Very nice job. This is what seperates the men from the boy's. Having the ability to do volume with tough situations makes us different. I do enjoy a challenge. Great work.
    Thank you, Terry. I'm not a big fan or larger projects like this because of the manpower needed to get them done quickly and the potential problems but its good to know I have enough experienced guys and the learned skillset to deal with them.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Ken, did you apply the second coat the same day or next day?
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    Ken, did you apply the second coat the same day or next day?
    Usually it is the first day of course. On this deck and with the rain, we had to come back to do the final floor coats.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    Thanks. Its a great deck. Unique. That tree is perfectly straight up to its peak. Florin, We stained around and cleaned the glass at the end. PITA.
    You do have to be careful on glass because of what is considered MFG defects. If that glass has this defect it can cause scratches if you use a razor blade to remove the stains. Only happens on tempered glass.

I have had sucess getting stain off of vinyl siding from a previous application using Krud Kutter.

Was that Super Cedar?
    Pat Motz
    931-933-5421
    The Cleaning Doctor
    Tennessee Wood Restoration
    Roof Cleaning Clarksville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    Usually it is the first day of course. On this deck and with the rain, we had to come back to do the final floor coats.
    I have never done a second day 2nd coat, always have been afraid to. Doesnt the dried stain repell the second coat and keeps it to the surace?

On your same day second coats... Do you apply a light first coat and then apply a heavier second coat or vice versa? how long do you usually wait in between coats?

I have allways battled shiners. Wondering if I am missing something. Maybe I do need to put the wood resto breakout session on my priorities at the convention.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GWTech View Post
    You do have to be careful on glass because of what is considered MFG defects. If that glass has this defect it can cause scratches if you use a razor blade to remove the stains. Only happens on tempered glass.

I have had sucess getting stain off of vinyl siding from a previous application using Krud Kutter.

Was that Super Cedar?
    Pat a 50/50 blend of SC and SC Dark.

I was very sketchy around the glass. I walked from guy to guy to make sure they were not causing damage. Its was all soft oil so the hardest part was getting rid of the streaks and making sure the oil was gone.

Krud Kutter rocks and is my go-to chemical for all that is spot removal.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Ken,

We have been using Krud Kutter for so long we should have our company name tagged to its stock market ticker. It is a really good product. One dip hole that worked for my Grandpa forgot to cover some antiques when he was painting a room and it was covered with sprinkles. Even the fabrics, but with the door shut, locked and someone manning it, we cleaned it quickly and safely.

The job looks awesome. I love the jobs that have 5 star difficulty because they are going to be charged fot exactly that, but the high risk also brings high rewards when completed.
    Colonial Power Washing and Painting by Sutton specializes in professional Pressure Washing Services and Roof Cleaning in Reading PA
    Make us your go to Pressure Washing company on FACE BOOK today!

Contact us for a free estimate or consultation at:

484-334-1311

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information