Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cool Deck Cleaning and Staining

Default Re: Cool Deck Cleaning and Staining

Not a bad job for $300 buck ken
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPro View Post
    Not a bad job for $300 buck ken
    I was guessing $250

Nahh... about a $7'ker there I'z thinkin'.
    TimberSeal, LLC - Greg R
    Toll free : (866)-WOODCARE
    www.timberseal.net
    Deck Cleaning & Sealing Indiana
    Snow Plowing & Salting
    Visit us on FACEBOOK
    www.facebook.com/timberseal.net

Somewhere between DJ and Greg's estimate
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Separate staining days - must have been ReadySeal.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    I have never done a second day 2nd coat, always have been afraid to. Doesnt the dried stain repell the second coat and keeps it to the surace?

On your same day second coats... Do you apply a light first coat and then apply a heavier second coat or vice versa? how long do you usually wait in between coats?

I have allways battled shiners. Wondering if I am missing something. Maybe I do need to put the wood resto breakout session on my priorities at the convention.
    Florin, it depends upon the product. Baker's does not have any issues with shininess. I still wouldn't recommend a second day recoat but in this instance, rain ruined the finish and prevented it from curing the same amount it would have in that time period. I tested many spots by painting out a fairly heavy coat and within ten minutes all evidence was gone and those areas were dry.

Procedure wise on our decks.. first coat is sprayed down and id light. That's the first thing that is done on a deck. Then all rails, spindles etc are done. Here's another pic to show that process.

Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    Florin, it depends upon the product. Baker's does not have any issues with shininess. I still wouldn't recommend a second day recoat but in this instance, rain ruined the finish and prevented it from curing the same amount it would have in that time period. I tested many spots by painting out a fairly heavy coat and within ten minutes all evidence was gone and those areas were dry.

Procedure wise on our decks.. first coat is sprayed down and id light. That's the first thing that is done on a deck. Then all rails, spindles etc are done. Here's another pic to show that process.

Thanks Ken. I will definately try that. My method has always been to do the rails first and had turps under the rails so as to not drip or overspray and have it dry before im ready for the floor. Then I would do the floor with one coat, pack the truck up with all supplies except what I needed for the second coat and then applied the second coat.
    Your way definately sounds like more sense and should cut my time down.

Also been meaning to get that truck brush you use.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Florin, another advantage to having that first coat down is that you avoid dry lines when applying in direct sun. If you notice in the picture above, he is stopping mid board to finish the deck horizontally. In direct sun and on a hot untreated deck, that would be very risky and could leave lap lines.

Those truck brushes will beat any stainer or pad out there. They get down between the boards. Beth of TGS and See Dirt Run recently switched over and sent me a pm saying they loved it.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing

Good thing for the rest of us that Ken was a failure as a fleet washing contractor - and the idea of staining with his idle and dusty truck brushes came to him. J/K Fenner.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

I have never seen a deck with glass panels like that, before. Looks cool. I would not have enjoyed that project, at all....Really need the man power, and trust them....Great Job!

Ryan Freidline
    A-Team Custom Pro Wash LLC
    A-Team Roof Cleaning
    www.nomoreyuk.com
    ryan@nomoreyuk.com

Cool job! How many hours did you you end up with in that job?

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information