• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Newbie needs help

fyrfytr112

Hello to all. I am in the process of starting my own part time roof washing business. Part time because I am a firefighter and work 24 on and 48 off, two whole days to make some more money. i have been researching on the net for a little while trying to figure out things needed. I have also been reading on this forum alot, which is awesome might I add. I have been looking into the CleanerToday products, and was convinced on buying their stuff, until I saw the "Apple Sauce" mixture. I want just the basics that I would need to start cleaning, As I cant go out and spend a fortune right now. How do you guys apply the mixture besides chem pumps, Pump sprayer or Applicator gun? Do they work well? And what is the method of rinsing? I have already bought a water broom,havent recieved it yet, for a garden hose. Will it work for removing the mold? Sorry for all the questions, But there arent too many people in my area that do this. this site seems to have the answers for all. And if you would like to send me an email please do
fyrfytr112@windstream.net Thanks in advance, Joey

Florin Nutu

Hello Joey.

Welcome to the UAMCC forum. You have come to a wealth of knowledge.

I am not sure what the water broom you are talking about but what I am envisioning it will be pretty useless for you. Your main technique to wash the roof will be to get the chlorine roof cleaning solution up on the roof. You can do it with a pump up but its like taking a squirt bottle to a blazing house fire. You will eventually put it out but will take a long time. I sugest you purchase a pump cleaning setup. I am pretty sure you can pick up a complete setup for under $400.

Jeff LeCours

Maybe Don P will jump in, he knows roofs and pretty sure he has seen all the rigs for roof washing. A start up rig can be pretty inexpensive