• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Commercial Pressure Cleaning and roof wash rig

Russ Spence

I posted a few pics before but the ones you saw were from when I first finished it, we have mad a few changes since then , we added a 5500 watt generator, and a air compressor (small one). Why an air compressor ? When traveling in winter months things freeze easier so we added coil blow out valves on the side of all of our pumps, just crank up the air blow out all the lines then you have virtually no water in the syatem, also we have a 2 in dump valve on the tank to drop all water. The 225 gallon tank in the front is for roof mix/building wash as well as the Titan hose reel with 300 foot of 5/8 goodyear rubber hose.

In addition there are 3 hot water units (plumbed with 1 inch lines) with 1200 feet of high pressure hose on the 3 reels and we carry an additional 300 feet for backup, 225 feet of 3/4 in filler hose on the forth Summitt reel in the rear as well as a 1.5 in hose with cam lock to quick connect to fire hydrants (Sorry Tim !),Also a 35 gallon sodium hypochlorite tank for house or building wash mix and 25 gallon sodium hydroxide tank, then I have a seperate housing built to carry 2 - 5's of Acid.

Last edited:

Carlos Gonzales

I don't know if Russ told anyone this but that rig is also a snow cone maker for the summer months and a French Vanilla Latte maker in the winter. :D:D

Greg Nash

Russ have you ever got pulled over by DOT and do you have to stop at weigh stations with the trailer that big. just wondering with all the tanks you have on that, I used to pull a 24ft trailer and always sweated around DOT.

Ken Fenner

Russ have you ever got pulled over by DOT and do you have to stop at weigh stations with the trailer that big. just wondering with all the tanks you have on that, I used to pull a 24ft trailer and always sweated around DOT.

This is an article written by transition team member Scott Millen. It may clear up some thoughts.

Does My Pressure Washing Rig Need a USDOT Number?

When I first came to the Pressure washing industry, I was leaving over twenty years as a commercial driver. I was thinking how nice it would be to be free of all those motor carrier regulations that had been such a grinding part of my career.

I couldn’t have been more wrong. Not long after starting, I was doing a residential cleaning for a law enforcement officer. As I was rolling hose after finishing, he asked me how much my truck and trailer weighed.

“I don’t know, I licensed for extra tonnage so I wouldn’t be overweight,’ was my easy answer. I was absurdly proud of having taken the time and made the effort not to cheat on my licensing and expected weight limits.

“Where’s your DOT number?” was his next easy question.

I, like so many other pressure washing service providers in my area, hadn’t even given a thought to this basic requirement for operating commercial vehicles. After a $100 fine, I made sure to rectify the situation. I got my DOT number.

Trying to decide whether or not you require a DOT number can be a difficult question, and there are some state-specific requirements of which to be aware, but my customer said it is pretty basic, “If you have a truck or trailer with company signs, and/or a trailer with more than one axle, I will be writing you a ticket if you don’t have a USDOT number.”

The actual requirements can be found on the United States Department of Transportation website at: http://www.dot.gov/ There is a large body of information there, and resources to help understand it all. There is even an online questionnaire to assist you as you try to determine whether or not you are required to have the DOT number in the first place.

The requirements are pretty basic, and are as follows. You need a USDOT number if you:

· Operate vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs,
· Transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation,
· Transport 16 or more passengers, or
· Haul hazardous materials in interstate commerce.

You should be aware that once you have a USDOT number, there are some record-keeping requirements that go along with it. For instance, if you carry hazmat, such as sodium hypochlorite in large amounts, or flammable liquids like your machine’s fuel and a spare fuel tank or two, you will need to note that. You will also have to register as a HAZMAT carrier and maintain records of materials and amounts carried. You will have to implement a safety program and a driver qualification record, as well as records of your drivers’ hours of service records.

This sounds like a great deal of red tape, but it is what is required to be a legitimate pressure washing business that operates machinery that falls under the Department of Transportation’s regulated guidelines. It is a cost of doing business, and needs to be part of your business plan. It is helpful to remember that these records are relatively simple, and can be based on records you already keep.

In my experience, motor carrier safety regulations are open to various interpretations, so it is probably a good idea to check with your state DOT as well as with the local Carrier Enforcement department in your state. They are supposed to have the current information necessary to assist you in remaining compliant. The USDOT site has links to all the state DOT sites.

Again, the information can be contradictory, so find the most knowledgeable people you can, the fines ramp up steeply from my paltry hundred dollars. Don’t bet the company on the word of some functionary, ask the questions you need to, in order to get the clearest answers possible.

Indy Power Wash

I think it's also if they have a combined GVWR rating of over 10,000lbs. So if your truck and trailer's combined GVWR is over 10,000 you need a DOT number even if you don't ever haul 10,000 lbs. If you drive a truck and trailer with a combined GVWR over 26,000 lbs you need a CDL too.

Christopher Bunn

If you don't know the DOT regulations, just take a drive along an Indiana highway. You are sure to meet a "friendly" officer, who will fill you in on DOT regulations.:eek: