• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Gutter Cleaning Specials?

Florin Nutu

I advertise all year long for gutter cleaning. Always get straglers and usually get to upsell other services along with gutters. I will ramp it up though in the middle of next month with a mass email to all past customers just to put a bug in their mind about it and will hit em with another one as the leaves turn brown and start falling. Got two helpers lined up to help with the increase of work during that time.

DJ Carroll

All of our lawn care customers recieve half price gutter cleaning (another benefit that helps in selling the account) we only perform gutter cleaning in fall and early spring though .... I creates a demand which gets the phone ringing. Normally in late Sept. early Oct. I will advertise our fall clean up special. House Washing, Roof Cleaning, Landscape Clean Up, Leaf Removal, and Gutter Cleaning are all in the package for each service you pick you recieve a certain amount off. Roof and House is $50 off Landscape and Leaves are $25 off and Gutters are $10 off so your are looking at a savings of $160 if you get everything done.... That's just how i do it

Carlos Gonzales

Timing is important. You want to keep your eyes on the weather. Once the leaves start falling off trees is when you want your phone to start ringing.

Henry Bockman

I don't usually offer any specials on gutter cleaning unless its for a seasonal contract of 4+ cleanings a year.

We advertise for it year round and make an amazing amount of money from cleaning gutters. In the fall and spring we usually run 5 crews to keep up with the work load and average 75-150 calls a day for service requests.

With the new company management system I bought we will be able to handle more service requests, in less time by scheduling appointments, and job routing.

Don M.

Do you guys advertise a price for the season? Maybe I am high (somebody tell me if I am) but I don't like doing gutters for less than $87. A lot of times
I get shot down saying I am too high.

Jeff LeCours

Gutter cleaning at complexes is some of the best money we make. We have several quarterly, bi annual & annual accounts. I love pine needles and we have a ton of pine trees in this area

plainpainter

What I am confused about is what is acceptable practice as far as getting gutters cleaned out? Some guys just blow all the leaves out - where as I was hand cleaning them into a bucket and emptying it in the woods - which is far more time consuming.

Indy Power Wash

I'm sure you are correct DJ. But I'm looking at it as a foot in the door type of service for upselling roof cleaning etc. Plus it seems like it would extend our season. Oct is about it for roofs. I met a guy here that does incredible numbers with gutter cleaning over the winters. Our focus has become commercial as far as PWing. But the residential roof cleaning is still a major part of our business.

Sorry I missed you when you were in Indy DJ. Hit me again when you are in the area. I'll be at Knob Creek in Oct and hope to hit the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro then.

As far as acceptable practice, I think that's what ever you and the customer find acceptable. We've blown them out and also had to hand dip. When we've blown them we usually just hit the ground and blow into the planting beds. Just explain what you do and if the customer wants everything bagged and hauled off just do it and charge for it.

Henry Bockman

How the gutters are actually cleaned does matter to some people but when everyones lawns are covered in leaves they really don't care if you blow them out. We do offer bagging but at an additional charge.

If your trying to find ways of expanding your working season or want to keep making money all year long you should definetly look into gutter cleaning. I think a lot of you guys would be very suprised to find out how much money we make doing it each year. Factor in the materials needed to do the job and it's obvious, if your not cleaning gutters your seriously missing out!

plainpainter

I think the 'volume' pricing you see out there for gutter cleaning have more to do with guys landing bi-annual cleaning contracts. For the homeowners that are first time folks with little trees growing out of their gutters - I don't even think the 'volume' guys charge cheap pricing.

Jeff LeCours

How the gutters are actually cleaned does matter to some people but when everyones lawns are covered in leaves they really don't care if you blow them out. We do offer bagging but at an additional charge.

If your trying to find ways of expanding your working season or want to keep making money all year long you should definetly look into gutter cleaning. I think a lot of you guys would be very suprised to find out how much money we make doing it each year. Factor in the materials needed to do the job and it's obvious, if your not cleaning gutters your seriously missing out!

Volume pricing, YUP - I have one project we do every 3 months, it takes 3 guys no longer than 2 1/2 days and its $6395 each time. I actually lost some of the properties in this group, but they hired us back after 8 months of clogged gutters and rain pouring on their heads

Like Henry says, you'd be surprised and you are seriously missing out. Sell, sell, sell