• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Metal roof shoes

Florin Nutu

Hello all. Just tried my new Korker sandals with the pads for metal roof and I was amazed.

So any of you that do metal roofs and you have to walk it, make sure you get a pair. You will make your money back by being that much more efficient on your first job. The sandals are around $70 and the velcro pads are around $8 for the pair. Not much wear on the pad if you don't step on the screws too much so you can use them multiple times before replacing.

I still tied down though just in case.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I have been looking at those also. For the moment I have a cheap $20 pair of shoes from wally world that grip the metal like sand paper on wood. Unless there is soap there. The metal roof I did was actually easier to walk on after cleaning even while wet.

Isaac Baghdanov

Good advise Florin, I do metal roofs periodically. On really steep ones, I downstream my gutter mix then rinse. Works great. I only walk shallow pitch one story roofs, takes a bit of pressure to clean those.

Florin Nutu

I have been looking at those also. For the moment I have a cheap $20 pair of shoes from wally world that grip the metal like sand paper on wood. Unless there is soap there. The metal roof I did was actually easier to walk on after cleaning even while wet.

I used to do the same. I would clean the algae before i stepped and my boots gripped ok. With that method, last year, I stepped on a spot that still had a little algae on it and I went flying off the roof but it was ok... the thorn bushes caught my fall.

With these shoes you can walk on it while its soaped or still has the algae on it. It gripped really well.

They also have pads that are made for comp roofs that I will try on my next steep one to see if it helps any.

Florin Nutu

Good advise Florin, I do metal roofs periodically. On really steep ones, I downstream my gutter mix then rinse. Works great. I only walk shallow pitch one story roofs, takes a bit of pressure to clean those.

This one was a shallow one with alot of leaves and branches on it. Had to walk it to blow those off first and then I applied a strong housewash mix.

Bryan Otten

I did a house with a metal roof 2years ago the house was 3 story it was huge
and it had a part over the porch that was 16+ of the ground it wasn't bad until the wind picked and got wet and slippery where i was standing at and the unthinkable happen crash. I spend 3 days in the er while they fixed my arm
I had No elbow left I have a metal plate there now.. Guess what still do the same house every year.. And still do roofs:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Some of the roofs I do are crazy looking
The home owner always says to steep. Never say Never. I tell my guy that works with me ( Lets Rock n Roll ) He thinks I'm NUTS:coool: