• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Downstreaming Defined

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
This question is asked frequently. So here is the best I can do. Hope it helps.

Downstreaming defined........

A venturi is simply a restriction in the injector that forces the water to speed up when it goes through it. The faster the water goes through, the more detergent/chemical comes out. This is called "venturi vacuum" and is greatest at fastest water flow.

When pressurized water enters the injector inlet, it is constricted toward the injection chamber and changes into a high-velocity jet stream. The increase in velocity through the injection chamber results in a decrease in pressure, thereby enabling an additive material to be drawn through the suction port and entrained into the water stream. As the jet stream is diffused toward the injector outlet, its velocity is reduced and it is reconverted into pressure energy (but at a pressure lower than injector inlet pressure).

When a sufficient pressure difference exists between the inlet and outlet ports of the injector, a vacuum is created inside the injector body, which initiates suction of a liquid through the suction port.

This "effect" can only be achieved when you use a tip that allows the pressure at the outlet to be less than that at the injector inlet. This is why you need to use the larger, less restrictive tips to "draw" soap into the stream.

Everything beyond your downstream injector, becomes a potential for restriction. The proper trigger guns, length of hose and tips all play a part in the outcome of the "draw" rate.

Here is a simple image I did to try and demonstrate.

Attachments

• downstreamer_image.jpg
    downstreamer_image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 39

RMedbery

Good explanation, dont forget hose reels, I had a reel where the swivel was so restrictive I couldnt downstream.

This uses Bernoullis principle, if you know how a carburetor works then you know how DS injector works, and, believe it or not, how a plane can fly.