• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

System that you can't get clean?

Carlos Gonzales

KEC is the subject. I know we don't have many greasers here but I am curious about something. Have anyone of you ever come across a system that is so jacked up that you just can't get it clean? I mean..can a system go "unchecked" for years without a cleaning?

Post some pics of the nasty crap you guys deal with.

Oh..is there any company that you goes know in the Bay Area that you would recommend I contact so I could just watch them clean a system? Thanks in advance....

Michael Tessaro

I have bid on systems that were so jacked up as you put it, great description, that it was more cost efficient to build a new system than clean the existing. Sometimes you just have to pass. Its better to not service them tan to do a half a$$ cleaning a have to take the liability on the cleaning.

RMedbery

Access is often a cause for a neglected system. If its hard to get to its often skipped. If it has no access its obviously skipped. The companies that do this will just note that inaccessible areas exist. This is not an option for most of us you know here. We either make it accessible and do the job right............or we pass. Sometimes you dont find these things out until youve tried to clean it the first time. If the customer is unwilling to let me make proper access I tell them they need to find someone else, thats only happened once to me.

Ive got pics but Matt is the king of nastyness, he will eventually see this and post some pics.

Daniel Hulbert

Hey Carlos: I agree with Roger I won't be able to post anything as bad as Matt has seen and these photo's don't really show how bad this system was but these were two 4' sections of lateral duct that did not have access panels installed.I had to cut three access panels to get to the problem. At first the owner would have no part in paying the price I had quoted to cut the panels, preform the initial cleaning and agree to the monthly service price. After a month or so I got a call he was ready, said his Insurance company wanted it cleaned or they were going to drop him. When I did get in there to do the work I spent three hours scraping the two lateral ducts and pulled (13) full 5 gallon buckets out of 8 feet of lateral duct. The 90deg turn in the duct going to vertical was plugged (No air flow) this duct services a 4 foot, wood fired broiler in a very busy restaurant that you have to walk 200 feet out on a dock to get to it. It was a fire just waiting to happen. Funny thing is I haven't even told you about how the fans on the roof are set up.That's a another story. dh
http://picasaweb.google.com/Mobilwa...authkey=Gv1sRgCIvf8_uKtdnD-gE&feat=directlink

Carlos Gonzales

Daniel...wow.

So my question is ~ Is there a law that any facility with a KEC system MUST have maintenance done? If restaurants don't clean them because there is no law....this is why fires happen....right?

Matt...I want to see some pics.

Florin Nutu

Daniel...wow.

So my question is ~ Is there a law that any facility with a KEC system MUST have maintenance done? If restaurants don't clean them because there is no law....this is why fires happen....right?

If you had breakfast anytime in the last three days, I dont think you want to see the pics.

welder

If you had breakfast anytime in the last three days, I dont think you want to see the pics.

Hahahaha that's funny ! chinese anybody ??? eaa heeeya o go ??

Attachments

• chinese bid vails gate.jpg
    chinese bid vails gate.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 41

Florin Nutu

Hahahaha that's funny ! chinese anybody ??? eaa heeeya o go ??

Did an inspection a while back of a IHOP that grossed me out for life on eating there. There is nothing like taking pics of a nasty vent with thick globs of smelly grease and then you notice drips of the same stuff going on the flattop all over their food to get your gag reflex going.

Daniel Hulbert

Carlos:No Law per-say but NFPA96 is the Fire code which relates to KEC but the language in there does not state that they must clean it, it only "suggest" inspection intervals.NFPA 96 11.6.1 Upon Inspection if the exhaust system is found to be contaminated with deposits from grease-laden vapors, the contaminated portions of the exhaust system :eek:shall be cleaned by a properly trained,qualified and certiified company or person (s) acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction.:steam: And as you can see the language only states that a portion of the system needs to be cleaned :frusty:Hope to see you in MB talk about it over a beer. dh

Daniel...wow.

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
What they said on the laws. Heres some pics

Attachments

• ba1.jpg
    ba1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
  • ba2.jpg
    ba2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 33
  • ba3.jpg
    ba3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 33
  • ba4.jpg
    ba4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 30
  • ba6.jpg
    ba6.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 30
J

John James

I used to do crime scene cleanup, never got as sick as looking at these pics and I was was picking brain frags out of the ceiling and eating lunch at the same time.