• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC at 2000+ members

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Do you want Gov't grants to be added to Educating the Powerwashing contractor. Better yet do you want a voice in Gov't?? Do you want to be heard nation wide?? Do you want nationwide recognition?? My guestimation is that we will need at least 2000 members to be heard by the ones who count. The ones who count are many contractors thru-out this country and maybe even abroad.

People if your on the fence about joining the UAMCC remember this. This is the business you chose for whatever reason so why not make this org as powerful as it can be so you are represented to the MAX. I want the Gov't to recognized us. We should be heard. We should have the power to get tremendous medical benefits because we are large in numbers.

Everything has to be cleaned. So lets clean...and be heard.

What do you think?? Remember this is the field you picked so lets make a difference. Join and be heard...by fellow contractors and....the Gov't.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
We are all lucky to be born in America. We have a Gov't that can work for us. There are lobbyist all thru-out this country that represent large groups. Lets get lobbyist working for us. Its up to you. We can not do it with 120-800 members. We need more!! Lets do it!! Lets make everyone of us count and be heard. The Gov't will not listen if we remain small in numbers. Large numbers they have no choice. I want to be heard and I know you want to be heard. Many groups are heard but why not us.

THINK about that. Why aren't we heard. Its comes down to you. You can make a difference. Lets be heard. I want what we deserve as business men/woman. I want the Govt to take notice and give us grants. Give us Insurance incentives...but it comes down to you. What do you want?? it matters to me and many other contractors. Your imput is important....so what is your imput????

RMedbery

I want what we deserve as business men/woman. I want the Govt to take notice and give us grants. Give us Insurance incentives..
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,,no thanks. I dont want anything like that from the government.............its not their place.

Terry Miller

John,
Your exactly right. As a member of the PDCA as well, our membership is in the couple thousands. The AIA and several other groups use our standards for painting. We are a National recognised organization and when we do the right job, I always use the standards as my support. It works. The UAMCC is in it's infancy. We have the ability to be a National organization to go to. You are absoultly correct. Good job.

Jeff LeCours

I want the UAMCC membership to be large in the future for a few reasons. To help make sure they don't some ridiculous regs BMP's etc against our industry. Hey I want clean water, but we can't get crazy where we are putting contractors out of biz. I have heard some BMP's and they want reclaim where it isnt needed at all. Don't over reg any of us,let us work and the UAMCC and others can help stop crap like that

I want buying power, discounts on what we need, equipment, chems, health insur anything we can get that will save me/ us $$$$$$

Promote our industry, more members more we can do

Carlos Gonzales

I am not sure we want the government meddling in our business as much as we think it would be good. I understand where John is coming from relating to the Grants. Our 501c6 category could align us with the potential of writing for grants but that in itself is a mixed bag of tricks.

I wrote grants (CDBG grants) in my former life and let me tell you it is all about politics.

The UAMCC is far from reaching critical mass yet and we have our due diligence that we must take care of first. Significant policies still need to work their through the UAMCC system. Our infrastructure today would not stand the "test" that is a pre-requirement for almost any grant writing.

I say we continue to focus on our contractors. Before anyone hands over any money to our industry we first need to get our 'chit together. I won't go any further than that.

It is a great day...Go UAMCC

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I guess I might have missed the mark with this post. I don't wan't the Gov't to be involved with us but what I would like is to have the ability to be able to get whatever it is a large organization can get from the gov't if that makes anymore sense. Grants would be high on that list along with lobbying. But more importantly it would be just great to see the power the UAMCC could have with so many members.

I hope one day someone who likes to archive old post see's this one and says..WOW he was right that its great the UAMCC has 1000's of members.

RMedbery

No, I got your point. I dont think the large companies should be getting it either. Just because their getting it doesnt make it right. Now if there are going to be regulations I have no problem having a voice to help try to make those regulations reasonable. But the less the government is involved in ANYTHING besides protecting our borders and keeping its citizens safe and assuring the freedom of those citizens to do what they wish as long as it doesnt infringe upon those same freedoms of other citizens..................................the better off we are.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
where do you think the grant money comes from?
Generally its from the Federal Gov't if I understand this correctly. You need people to lobby in our behalf to get these grants. These people are call Lobbyist and you need these people on your side. ITs somewhat complicated but if you can show why the the non profit org needs a Federal Grant for Education purposes for its many members then possibly it can be done. Dislike your Gov't if you must but don't overlook your gov't if there is money that your entitled to as an org. That is my message.

Ken Fenner

John, I did some research on this in the early formation days of the org. Generally speaking, 501(c)(6) orgs are not eligible for public grants.

RMedbery

Generally its from the Federal Gov't if I understand this correctly
Nope, its generally from me, the tax payer. The government has no place taking my money and giving it to people who THEY think deserves it. This is one of the reasons the fed is so huge, people find out they can get money so they vote for the one who will get them the most. I would rather support a lobbyist that petitions the government to start cutting out these crap wealth redistribution programs and let us keep our money.

Jim Chesmore

Nope, its generally from me, the tax payer. The government has no place taking my money and giving it to people who THEY think deserves it. This is one of the reasons the fed is so huge, people find out they can get money so they vote for the one who will get them the most. I would rather support a lobbyist that petitions the government to start cutting out these crap wealth redistribution programs and let us keep our money.

Thank you for saving me some typing, well said

RMedbery

don't overlook your gov't if there is money that your entitled to
Might as well try to explain quantum physics and string theory to me because just like the above statement I will never be able to understand that train of thought.