• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Metak Roof Cleaning

David Vicars

You will need to go weaker on the SH and rinse very well. Don't want to rust the screws.

Sometimes I will just use soap and a truck brush.
Remember, very slippery when wet.

Bryan Otten

the roof is un-walkable. It i silver painted tin and it is black. I'm doing it on Friday I will post before and after pictures. Unable to brush.

Isaac Baghdanov

I clean a few of these a year. I mix my normal housewash, then add 6 oz of F-13, down stream, and dwell for one minute, and rinse rinse rinse. I do small sections at a time, if it dries on it will discolor, or leave a residue. I only walk them if single story. shallow pitch, as they need a little pressure to clean, are usually dirtier, and need a little pressure. When walking one, I clean a section before stepping off the ladder. Clean and wet is safer than dirty & dry. I wear redwing boots with the gummy sole.

Chris Apple

Has anyone cleaned a metal shingle roof?

The one That ive came across has brown metal shingles. Its not extremely large. Ive been trying to figure out what to use and I came across this thread. I do have a dedicated roof pump but am thinking about downstreaming this one and rinsing like hell. Any more tips?

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Has anyone cleaned a metal shingle roof?

The one That ive came across has brown metal shingles. Its not extremely large. Ive been trying to figure out what to use and I came across this thread. I do have a dedicated roof pump but am thinking about downstreaming this one and rinsing like hell. Any more tips?

Chris are you talking about a stone coated roof.

Chris Apple

To be honest with you Doug I cant even remember this job. The post says April 30, but it seems like it was from a couple years ago.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Chris Tucker

Guys, ALWAYS get, and add some Sodium Metasilicate to any metal roof cleaning mix.
Sodium Metasilicate is a corrosion inhibitor, as well as a very Alkaline Cleaner, and will boost your cleaning mix.
The cleaning power of Sodium Hypochlorite is due to a complex reaction that forms what is called the Hyporchlorite Ion.
This is what does the cleaning, and the higher we can keep the ph, the better.
Sodium Hydroxide is also Alkaline as all hell, but it is also very corrosive too.