• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Gift Ideas for good customers?

Ken Fenner

I am sitting here going through the internet looking for a good gift to give one of my best customers. Not only has this homeowner spent $9000 with me this year, he has referred another $10K in work. I want to send something nice. Nothing ridiculously extravagant, just a nice token outside the usual cliches. Any ideas? Have you found something that is unique and expresses and sentiment of gratitude?

We find that most of our clients like sports.

May I suggest giving him baseball seats between home and third. About 4 to 10 rows up. Your looking at $60 per ticket, at least the ones out here in California. You take him out, don't just give him some tickets. Develop a business friendship. I always take my clients out throughout the year. Then, one time a year, we go all out. But in your case, get the tickets.... go with him.... talk with him... find out his likes and dislikes. Find out what he likes about your work. Buy him a hot dog and a beer. At the end of the day....After all that.... tell him.... Thanks for being my customer !

Jeff LeCours

Ken unique is hard to find. I rack my brain trying to think of new stuff to give my managers, there just isn't the perfect gift usually. Sometimes simple and obvious is best. I like giving them Dinner and a movie, $75- $100 for dinner and 4 movie passes
unless you know what they are into and like. I give 2 managers $100 to Bass Pro Shop and another I give a bottle of Jack Daniels about every 3 months. I also started sending out more thank you cards. I found some silly comedy Thank you cards, still professional, they're geared towards business

Dinner & a movie, simple but effective and appreciated

Ken Fenner

I am thinking along the same lines as you guys. Jim, your idea would definitely have the most impact. I guess I am a bit torn on that one as it is so personal. I like the guy but don't necessarily want to be his friend. He may love our work and like me enough but obligating him to a ballgame makes me a bit tentative. I'll mill this one around today.

On a different note, in my search, I think I found an awesome present for my better deck customers. Just about every deck we do has a grill bigger than the stove in my kitchen.

http://www.rushimprint.com/view_product.php?catID=1107&productID=19161

BigPapa

I am sitting here going through the internet looking for a good gift to give one of my best customers. Not only has this homeowner spent $9000 with me this year, he has referred another $10K in work. I want to send something nice. Nothing ridiculously extravagant, just a nice token outside the usual cliches. Any ideas? Have you found something that is unique and expresses and sentiment of gratitude?
www.OmahaSteaks.com is something to consider. I have done this before...and it went over big..Just another option.

Jim Cooney

We find that most of our clients like sports.

May I suggest giving him baseball seats between home and third. About 4 to 10 rows up. Your looking at $60 per ticket, at least the ones out here in California. You take him out, don't just give him some tickets. Develop a business friendship. I always take my clients out throughout the year. Then, one time a year, we go all out. But in your case, get the tickets.... go with him.... talk with him... find out his likes and dislikes. Find out what he likes about your work. Buy him a hot dog and a beer. At the end of the day....After all that.... tell him.... Thanks for being my customer !

Great idea, but here in Arizona it would be insulting to expect someone to go watch the Diamondbacks play like little league players, at least this season.

I am thinking along the same lines as you guys. Jim, your idea would definitely have the most impact. I guess I am a bit torn on that one as it is so personal. I like the guy but don't necessarily want to be his friend. He may love our work and like me enough but obligating him to a ballgame makes me a bit tentative. I'll mill this one around today.

On a different note, in my search, I think I found an awesome present for my better deck customers. Just about every deck we do has a grill bigger than the stove in my kitchen.

Being one on one with your customer makes you from being " Just another contractor who wants his money" to a step up from that. You stand out in his mind. It will be more difficult to cancel even if money is tight. At the very least he will down grade your services, but will not cancel. It's now personal.

In the middle of a recession, we've seen our business grow to where now we are now giving a new fully equipped, 3500 diesel truck to the Feds every year for the last 3 years. ( The additional price we have to pay in taxes vs 3 years ago). If I am paying that kind of extra money to the Gov, just imagine what the added income is now.

In todays market, if you did not develop a personal relationship with your client, you end up taking a chance that someone else who may come highly recommended from your clients friends could under cut your pricing and steel the job away from you. If you are in the area just below friends, this would not happen.

To date, we have only lost one customer going on 21 years of business. Costco. They bought a Landa machine and spent over 19 k thinking that they are going to save a buck. There store front is a mess. I went on price at $150 or .03 a ft. YES I did say .03. Thats less than what I charged in 1989. I did this just to say that I have never lost a customer. They still did not take it. Why? well it's not about pricing......It was about putting their employee to work, a person who they see everyday. A relationship of that person vs a gift card or a gift basket every so often.

and then I learned.

RMedbery

In the middle of a recession, we've seen our business grow to where now we are now giving a new fully equipped, 3500 diesel truck to the Feds every year for the last 3 years. ( The additional price we have to pay in taxes vs 3 years ago). If I am paying that kind of extra money to the Gov, just imagine what the added income is now.
Wait..................I thought I remember you saying if you paid ANY taxes you need to find a new accountant.

Wait..................I thought I remember you saying if you paid ANY taxes you need to find a new accountant.

Close, we actually went over our limit in sales each year for the last three years. This coming year will be our 4th year over and because of our income property now, we will be way over our goal. Thats a good thing until Uncle Sam comes a knocking.

Wife want me to slow down. Money is not everything.... but it sure helps !

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member

Ken,
I make my own wine in my cellar and give out to good customers,they cant get home made wine just anywere. But a gift cert to a nice restaurant allways works.

Jimmy V

James Foley

Ken, I have given out home made Wine also with a home made label of there House restoration on it. Also have made music CD's with before and after photo's . I have season tickets to the theater and have given seats away ( great seats).

Aged liquor, Wine, top shelf stuff is always good. Lap dance at Mr lucky's ! Dinner for two and a LIMO !

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Just be very careful about the publicly traded companies

Ron Musgraves text me for
questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com