Thread: Cleaning Wood Baseboards??

Default Cleaning Wood Baseboards??

I clean commerical accounts and one of them has wood baseboards that have been stained but are really rough....whoever cleaned before be hit the baseboards with the mop and there is a black line...how can I remove it?

Default Re: Cleaning Wood Baseboards??

Hello. The wood will probably have to be sanded and restained.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Any Wood Guys

I know its an old thread but I will chime in. It really depends on what the black is. A lot of times it is a build up of soap and emulsified dirt that gets slopped up on the side from the dirty mop bucket. It may come off with a light mix of soapy water and mild pressure (1000 psi or so) light scrubbing with a stiff bristle brush may also help. Being careful not to get too aggressive on the wood to remove the stain.
    If its a build up of mildew, a light coat of bleach followed by a rinse is also an option. The advantage to it being a baseboard is that the dirt is likely to be on the surface and not embedded into the wood like a traffic area would be. I would test in an inconspicuous area first to see how it works but it is better to try those options before you sand and re stain.
    Paul Kassander
    The Power Wash Store
    Mobi Clean Inc.
    855-351-9274
    www.powerwashstore.com
    www.mobicleaninc.com

Pressure Washer Parts, Cleaning Detergents, Pressure Washers, and Pressure Washer Technical Support

Commercial pressure washer Wisconsin, Fleet washer Wisconsin, Concrete cleaning Wisconsin, [URL="http://www.mobicleaninc.com/page/1nosi/Residential.html"]Residential property cleaning Wisconsin

http://uamcc.org/images/logos/Associ...0Signature.png

• Thread Information