• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning Wood Baseboards??

I clean commerical accounts and one of them has wood baseboards that have been stained but are really rough....whoever cleaned before be hit the baseboards with the mop and there is a black line...how can I remove it?

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I know its an old thread but I will chime in. It really depends on what the black is. A lot of times it is a build up of soap and emulsified dirt that gets slopped up on the side from the dirty mop bucket. It may come off with a light mix of soapy water and mild pressure (1000 psi or so) light scrubbing with a stiff bristle brush may also help. Being careful not to get too aggressive on the wood to remove the stain.
If its a build up of mildew, a light coat of bleach followed by a rinse is also an option. The advantage to it being a baseboard is that the dirt is likely to be on the surface and not embedded into the wood like a traffic area would be. I would test in an inconspicuous area first to see how it works but it is better to try those options before you sand and re stain.