• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ugliest Color of Stain?

Florin Nutu

I will post pics later...

I cleaned and brightened a grey and rotting deck and after I was done and gave them their normal color choices, they were adamant that they wanted the deck grey again. So we did a cape cod grey stain on there that I thought it looked like sheet but they loved it.

Len Sutton

Contributing Member
I got called out a few years ago to strip a deck on a house that was right on a golf course. I swear this deck looked like it had been stained with red mud. Then the owner tried to protect his stain job by applying two or three coats of clear sealer over the top of that. When I stripped the deck I got through the clear sealers and some of the red stain, but the deck turned Pepto Bismol pink. It looked real nice right there on the golf course. It was getting late so I told him I couldn't finish it and that I would be back to finish it up the next day. I bet it was a topic of conversation for a long time at the club house...

plainpainter

This is the absolute UGLIEST stain color ever - looks like vomit in a can after eating a Big Whopper with Orange Soda....enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 39

Nichole

I had a neighbor do their deck in a "cedar" toned stain. Looked like motor oil was poured on it when it was done. Turns creamy when it rains and the water sits there too long.