• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

I'm about to cry

Florin Nutu

Bob just gave me the bad news that my 12GPM pump is shot. Broke the crank or something like that. I feel handicapped with my Landa 4.5gpm. And to boot I have a condo complex that I am starting tomorrow that I was relying on the speed of that pump.

I am know kinda undecided if I want to go with a 12gpm 1200psi again or go with a little bit lower gpm but have some more psi for versatility to use on concrete as well.

Florin Nutu

Its a GP CW1012. It definately has punch. It only is rated for 1200psi but thats more than enough for what we do currently. It makes a 20" surface cleaner helicopter and if you try to wash a deck it pushes you across the slippery deck Would like to get into more concrete work so I am thinking of sacrificing some GPM for a little more PSI on the replacement pump.

It just sucks that it went out NOW. Worst time possible.

Florin Nutu

When it rains it pours.

Just a couple hours ago my backup Landa, the motor completely seized on me with a loud crack. I am now a fish out of water with no working machines.

plainpainter

I had this idea kicking around - get a high volume/high pressure pump like 12gpm's and 3500psi. And then have several remote mounted flow unloaders each rated for a different volume range. And then have your whip line from your pump go to each unloader - one will be really high volume low pressure. And then have a size smaller so you get less flow, but now your motor will support a higher pressure. Finally to the smallest flow unloader where your motor is capable of delivering the full psi at a reduced volume flow.

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I think you may be satisified of you reduce to around 8-10 gpm to get your pressure capabilities up, the reduced flow will be noticied but still will be fast on the rinse. You may not notice too much reduction in your time if any and you will notice a difference in your flatwork quality for sure.

GPM X PSI /1100= hp required

Brian Wendling

I got a 10 gal with 3000 psi Cat pump and it rocks. We do a lot of high buildings and concrete so it works great for both, just use bigger nozzles and you will get good flow when you need to do buildings. And yes the Sidewinder is great with concrete.

Florin Nutu

I got a 10 gal with 3000 psi Cat pump and it rocks. We do a lot of high buildings and concrete so it works great for both, just use bigger nozzles and you will get good flow when you need to do buildings. And yes the Sidewinder is great with concrete.

What HP motor you running?

Michael Tessaro

At what point do you need to go up to 1/2" hose? 3/8" hose seems to be the standard for the industry. What is the gpm break over point to transition to 1/2" hose? I know at some point 3/8" hose will max out on flow. Is it 6, 8, 10 gpm? Just curious.

Florin Nutu

Thats awesome of you Isaac. Thanks for the offer. I think I will be fine though. The 8.5gpm pump should be arriving today. Will have the motor replaced on my other machine mid to end of next week. Got a 4gpm HD machine that I will use along with the 8.5 to do the condos next week.

Jim Chesmore

Thats awesome of you Isaac. Thanks for the offer. I think I will be fine though. The 8.5gpm pump should be arriving today. Will have the motor replaced on my other machine mid to end of next week. Got a 4gpm HD machine that I will use along with the 8.5 to do the condos next week.

which pump did you get? lets see some pics

Brian Wendling

It is a 27 hp kohler and it works great. The only problem is now I cant go back to the 5 gal. 16 hp it feels week so now I'm getting more 10 gal. machines. May even go higher but then we run into problems with water flow. With 2 machines running out of 1 truck we some times need to wait on the tank to fill.

Daniel Hulbert

Mike I think it is around 8GPM but Im not sure about flow my machine is a Landa 24 HP Honda 8GPM 3500PSI machine I run 3/8 hose and I can not get to 3500 PSI unless I run the 1/2 hose not sure about the GPM I have not measured it but I do know for sure it will screw up your rated PSI for a machine.