Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm about to cry

Default I'm about to cry

Bob just gave me the bad news that my 12GPM pump is shot. Broke the crank or something like that. I feel handicapped with my Landa 4.5gpm. And to boot I have a condo complex that I am starting tomorrow that I was relying on the speed of that pump.

I am know kinda undecided if I want to go with a 12gpm 1200psi again or go with a little bit lower gpm but have some more psi for versatility to use on concrete as well.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Default Re: I'm about to cry

Dang 12gpm ... I bet that thing flys ....

What kind is it?
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

Its a GP CW1012. It definately has punch. It only is rated for 1200psi but thats more than enough for what we do currently. It makes a 20" surface cleaner helicopter and if you try to wash a deck it pushes you across the slippery deck Would like to get into more concrete work so I am thinking of sacrificing some GPM for a little more PSI on the replacement pump.

It just sucks that it went out NOW. Worst time possible.
    Florin Nutu
    206-380-4555

When it rains it pours.

Just a couple hours ago my backup Landa, the motor completely seized on me with a loud crack. I am now a fish out of water with no working machines.
    Florin Nutu
    206-380-4555

call Bob, SOON......
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

I had this idea kicking around - get a high volume/high pressure pump like 12gpm's and 3500psi. And then have several remote mounted flow unloaders each rated for a different volume range. And then have your whip line from your pump go to each unloader - one will be really high volume low pressure. And then have a size smaller so you get less flow, but now your motor will support a higher pressure. Finally to the smallest flow unloader where your motor is capable of delivering the full psi at a reduced volume flow.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

I think you may be satisified of you reduce to around 8-10 gpm to get your pressure capabilities up, the reduced flow will be noticied but still will be fast on the rinse. You may not notice too much reduction in your time if any and you will notice a difference in your flatwork quality for sure.

GPM X PSI /1100= hp required
    Paul Kassander
    The Power Wash Store
    Mobi Clean Inc.
    855-351-9274
    www.powerwashstore.com
    www.mobicleaninc.com

Pressure Washer Parts, Cleaning Detergents, Pressure Washers, and Pressure Washer Technical Support

Commercial pressure washer Wisconsin, Fleet washer Wisconsin, Concrete cleaning Wisconsin, [URL="http://www.mobicleaninc.com/page/1nosi/Residential.html"]Residential property cleaning Wisconsin

http://uamcc.org/images/logos/Associ...0Signature.png

I got a 10 gal with 3000 psi Cat pump and it rocks. We do a lot of high buildings and concrete so it works great for both, just use bigger nozzles and you will get good flow when you need to do buildings. And yes the Sidewinder is great with concrete.
    Pressure washing in Pa.
    Brian Wendling
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    www.Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    I got a 10 gal with 3000 psi Cat pump and it rocks. We do a lot of high buildings and concrete so it works great for both, just use bigger nozzles and you will get good flow when you need to do buildings. And yes the Sidewinder is great with concrete.
    What HP motor you running?
    Florin Nutu
    206-380-4555

At what point do you need to go up to 1/2" hose? 3/8" hose seems to be the standard for the industry. What is the gpm break over point to transition to 1/2" hose? I know at some point 3/8" hose will max out on flow. Is it 6, 8, 10 gpm? Just curious.
    Michael Tessaro
    Centex Pressure Washing Service
    P.O.Box 1432
    San Marcos,TX 78667-1432
    512-396-4511

Hood Cleaning Texas

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information