• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

RFP's

Jeff LeCours

Request For Proposals

You know I was talking to a contractor and he was questioning why the UAMCC has an RFP agent, why not just let contractors find them themselves. I said not only does it give our membership a chance to bid on RFP's but its EDUCATION for our membership

Have all you UAMCC Contractor Members been looking at these RFP's. Many I would never bid on, but when they are put out to the membership, I request to see many of them. You've seen them, the rules and guidelines to bid are quite often very complex, some are almost a nightmare to figure out for me. BUT I read them, look them over and EDUCATE myself on these RFP's. Someday one might come along that I want to jump on and after reading several I now have a better idea what the process is to bid on some of these projects. I will read more and more and thats what the UAMCC is all about, not just getting contractors work (Which is nice and helpful) But its about educating contractors. How better to educate yourself than by seeing several examples of what you may have to do someday to get a project you want

Another good thing is as a member we as a group have this agent, this benefit. I know locally I am on a couple lists to see the local RFP's, but now I can see more from my area and surrounding areas. How cool is that

This contractor was saying, he never knew of a Pressure Washing group that did this. I asked if other types of trade orgs or groups do this, the answer was yes, probably plenty do it. The UAMCC it looks like is the first to bring pressure washing contractors this...How cool is that?

There is many things I want the UAMCC to do as an org and many things are to be done in the upcoming months and years as this UAMCC grows but I will tell you two of the benefits I always want to see is EDUCATION and help getting jobs

Members read these RFP's and educate yourself, so when the opportunity arises you are more prepared

Eric Flynn

Jeff,

You couldn't be more right!
We read just read over an RFP close to our area just for that reason!
Like you said, many of them have very strict requirements but it helps to have an idea of what to expect. Schedule permitting, we are even going to attend some of the pre-bid meetings just to see how they are run. It's all about education!

I am thankful to be part of an organization that provides RFP's to it's members! :yes:

~Jen

RMedbery

My last response to an RFP (not from here) was 37 pages long. Very complex and very detailed. Including drive time, walk through and the actual writing of the proposal I bet I had 20 - 30 hours into it. Most RFPs I respond to are from government and large corporations, and with those price is king. I bid a large county school system awhile back that not only included KEC but also weekly and bi-weekly filter service. This was a 6 figure bid.............I lost it by ONE DOLLAR! Your quality of work has nothing to do with it, as long as you meet their qualifications and you are the lowest bidder, you win. Thats not to say they wont fire a contractor that does shoddy work. I bid the KEC of the restaurants at the ATL airport, they fired their contractor (IKECA Certified) because of poor performance. The company that got the bid is the company Ive picked up more work from this year than any other, why? Crappy work, but, they were the low bidder.

Jeff LeCours

My last response to an RFP (not from here) was 37 pages long. Very complex and very detailed. Including drive time, walk through and the actual writing of the proposal I bet I had 20 - 30 hours into it. Most RFPs I respond to are from government and large corporations, and with those price is king. I bid a large county school system awhile back that not only included KEC but also weekly and bi-weekly filter service. This was a 6 figure bid.............I lost it by ONE DOLLAR! Your quality of work has nothing to do with it, as long as you meet their qualifications and you are the lowest bidder, you win. Thats not to say they wont fire a contractor that does shoddy work. I bid the KEC of the restaurants at the ATL airport, they fired their contractor (IKECA Certified) because of poor performance. The company that got the bid is the company Ive picked up more work from this year than any other, why? Crappy work, but, they were the low bidder.

WOW $1

Man thats unreal

Jim Chesmore

If they fire you for shoddy work, can you re-bid when the time comes? Or are you black-listed

RMedbery

The kicker is when I went on the walk through on that one their RFP and what the guy said he wanted didnt match. I sat down with him and explained to him what it should say and the details needed so he can get accurate bids. They canceled the RFP, re-wrote it, then put it out there again. Right before the deadline, I called and asked how many responses they had, 2, mine and the other company that was there for the walk through. After the second deadline I received notice of the bid results. 3 companies had bid, mine, the other company at the walk through, and the company that was already doing it. Guess who got it? My guess is they dropped the ball, called to ask what the low bid was and bid $1 less. To be fair, it wasnt $1 total, it was $1 per unit.

Tony Szabo

I do like the RFP'S that are being found by the UAMCC, but here is the down fall that makes me nervous. Now I'm bidding against all of my buddies and friends in the UAMCC. Now that crates friction with my colleauges.

Tony

DJ Carroll

out of the 15 or so i've looked at it seems that like 50% were for window cleaning ....

JL is right on about reading some of the requirements...

There was one in chi town not too long ago that required you to have 6 -8 trucks on site with a max of one machine for truck and a min of a 1350 gal water tank ... lol

i just shook my head and hit the X button lol

RMedbery

I do like the RFP'S that are being found by the UAMCC, but here is the down fall that makes me nervous. Now I'm bidding against all of my buddies and friends in the UAMCC. Now that crates friction with my colleauges.

Tony

You would think, but it doesnt for me. Me an Trey from Sentinel Cleaning bid on the one that was 37 pages long. We had fun cutting up while we were there and had lunch afterwards. This is Trey trying to figure out where the hoods were..........(hint,......its the thing above his head)

P1160068.JPG

Lenny Schrecengost

Contributing Member
Where are these RFP? I have ben a member of UAMCC for 3 months and I have not seen them. I do not think I am able to log into the web site as a member other then being signed up as a freee member.

Carlos Gonzales

Lenny,

You are signed and have been signed up on the UAMCC Website as a Paid Member...this is the email address that you provided for contact:

lenny@lennyspowerwashing.com

The RFP's come to the UAMCC and we immediately notify the membership via email of these RFP's. Such as if you are interested in receiving a window washing bid in Alaska please email the UAMCC at info@uamcc.org expressing your interest. We then email the actual contract to you ~ usually in PDF File.

I would suggest checking your emails a little bit closer as they have been going to the above email address for quite sometime now.

Doug Tripp

Carlos,

I do not know how the "system" works and I'm probably stepping where I shouldn't but.....Lenny is not shown as a "Contractor Member" by his name when he post and if he isn't seeing any RFP e-mails, I would suspect something is wrong....for whatever this is worth

Ken Fenner

Tony

Tony, I'll counter with a question. Would you rather bid against someone you know their operation, their efficiency and their overhead or some company you have no idea how they operate? I don't think any businessperson should be upset about a business transaction that is fair.

Ken Fenner

Carlos,

I do not know how the "system" works and I'm probably stepping where I shouldn't but.....Lenny is not shown as a "Contractor Member" by his name when he post and if he isn't seeing any RFP e-mails, I would suspect something is wrong....for whatever this is worth

Doug, the website and this forum are two separate entities. The admin just goes in and changes the status manually on here.

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos,

It is cool Doug.

The RFPs email are generated from the UAMCC Webstite Content Management System...not the BBS. The emails that all you receive are not from this system (BBS). Lenny was registered back in June...he is receiving email from the UAMCC for the RFP's at the email address he provided.

Again, none of the RFP's are received or sent from this BBS.

Hope that helps.

Eric Flynn

Tony, I'll counter with a question. Would you rather bid against someone you know their operation, their efficiency and their overhead or some company you have no idea how they operate? I don't think any businessperson should be upset about a business transaction that is fair.

+1

To me it's business.
If we win the bid, great. If we don't and one of our friends get it....good for them. I'd tell them to call us if they needed help.

~Jen