• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ready for a good laugh..here's the homeowner's contract.

Don M.

I told them I'm not interested in a lawsuit. These people are crazy...

CONTRACT FOR SERVICE

This Agreement is made and entered into effect as of September 26, 2009 by and between Don Marler dba Marler’s Pressure Washing and Andy xxxx.

Andy xxxx has contracted Don Marler to perform residential pressure washing at xxxx’s property known as 14 Julie Lane, xxxxxxxx, MO 63376 per the “Gold Package” description noted on Estimate # 40 dated 09/10/09.

This service is scheduled to start __________(date) and be completed __________(date). The “total” cost of this service is $xxx.00 less the 15 % discount for booking prior to 09/30/09 and due 10 days upon service 100 % complete.

Don Marler a self-proclaimed “independent” contractor dba Marler’s Pressure Washing is to acquire the necessary sufficient “appropriate liability insurance” policy to protect the xxxx against any and all claims from all others that may result from this service taking place. This insurance is also to cover any and all claims the xxxx may bring against Don Marler dba Marler’s Pressure Washing as a result of service not being performed as contracted and warranted, personal damages, and/or property damages to the xxxx property (and there within) and/or neighbors.

By signing this contract Don Marler dba Marler’s Pressure Washing, acting as his own agent, unconditionally personally guarantees to be liable to pay all direct and indirect costs of any type or nature whatsoever any and all obligations due and or may become due satisfying any and all claims brought against him and or the xxxx at any time. Don Marler dba Marler’s Pressure Washing holds harmless the xxxx from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever which the xxxx may pay, sustain, suffer or incur by reason of or in connection with Don Marler dba Marler’s Pressure Washing.

In case of any suit or action is commenced by xxxx and xxxx xxxxxxfor collection of any debt guaranteed hereby, the xxxxx shall be entitled to its collection costs and attorney fees and costs (whether in the state or federal courts, including but not limited to the bankruptcy courts), including but not limited to those incurred prior to and at any trial, any court annexed arbitration, on any appeal, and on denial of any petition for review.

Company Name: ____________________________________________ CO Tax ID ____________________
Date: __________________________ Signature:_______________________________________, personally
Print Full Name: ____________________________________________ SSN: _________________________
WITNESS: _______________________________________ Print Name ______________________________

Signature:_________________________________________________ , personally
Print Full Name: _____________________________________ Date: _______________________________
WITNESS: _____________________________________ Print Name ______________________________

Last edited:

Jeff LeCours

It never even would of come to that if it was me. I have no time to deal with PITA's like that and it was clear from the beginning they were over the top PITA's

So when do you start LOL

Don M.

It never even would of come to that if it was me. I have no time to deal with PITA's like that and it was clear from the beginning they were over the top PITA's

So when do you start LOL

I've already contacted them Jeff and told them JL Pressure Washing would be interested in doing the job...

BigPapa

I bet you they have a leak in their roof some where....and after you do your job...guess what...They find it...It's the old..Never leaked before trick.

Makes me think some poor schmuck...has fallen for this before.
Run..don't walk.

plainpainter

Don, the part where they hold you responsible for 'indirect' costs - that's utter B.S!!!!

You'll see on the sides of paint cans that they can't be held liable for indirect problems as result of defective product. That is the most ridiculous contract I have ever seen - it gives them all the protection in the world and doesn't protect you at all!

In my state, you have to put in language that the state wants - but both parties have to agree to an arbitration, not lawsuit! Flipping idiots. And what would your insurance company say if you signed the utter pos? You should fax them a copy to have their lawyers take a look to see what they think.

plainpainter

Another couple of things I don't understand - firstly, aren't you an LLC, Don? Are they asking you to impugn your own LLC and downgrade to a sole proprietor - so you are personally liable for lawsuit? And doesn't the language of this loony document almost sound as if the second they sue you, you automatically are at fault? I thought this was for courts to decide? As my old boss use to say, 'we vote with our feet'. Let 'em hire some idiot that has nothing to lose.

plainpainter

And lastly - aren't their just certain fundamental rights that you can never sign away, even if you sign the dotted line? You can't sue them for anything? Ridiculous - this thing is worthless. Jokes.

plainpainter

The house has a whopping Zestimate on zillows for $150,000. I bet these folks are just freeloaders looking to screw anyone and everyone. 150k wouldn't buy a 100 SF of land where I live.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
The saddest part of this is that someone will eventually sign this contract. I'm guessing that the customer has been abused in the past and is looking to take out his frustrations on someone.

Out of curiosity, when I called to tell him where to put his contract, I would ask him - if he were in your position - would he sign this contract?

Don M.

Basiscally I instantly emailed him back and told him it looked like he was interested in suing somebody instead of getting his house washed. I told him I was not interested and to find somebody else.

I'm going to call Robert from St. Louis Pro Wash and Sean from Kennedy Painting to alert them about this guy.

topcoat

Contributing Member
I dont think I have ever had a homeowner draft a contract for me to sign. For most people, a certificate of insurance showing liability and workers comp coverage is enough. There is no way I would want to do business with someone who is that, um, overly officious. If they had time to prepare that contract, they will certain have time to keep track of your labor on the job and explain to you why you are not worth what you are charging.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
The house has a whopping Zestimate on zillows for $150,000. I bet these folks are just freeloaders looking to screw anyone and everyone. 150k wouldn't buy a 100 SF of land where I live.

150K got me a 2300 Sq Ft all brick ranch with a walk out basement and 4.25 acres. I guess that makes me a free loader too. LOL