• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hydrant use

Florin Nutu

I have a job coming up that I may need to use the hydrant. I am gonna check with the city for permit and meter.

Can you get regular water spiggot attachment or do you just hose it and pour in top port of tank?

Can you get a hose that you can use the hydrant to rinse with? And where?

Part of the job is to rinse the parking lot. Figured i could save alot of time if I use the hydrant instead of machines.

Carlos Gonzales

I have a job coming up that I may need to use the hydrant. I am gonna check with the city for permit and meter.

Can you get regular water spiggot attachment or do you just hose it and pour in top port of tank?

Part of the job is to rinse the parking lot. Figured i could save alot of time if I use the hydrant instead of machines.

Florin..contact Rob H. of Aspen Contractors. He has something I thing may work for you. Mark from Easy Clean out here in Sacramento built if for him.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member

Go to your local plumbing supply store they should have the addapter for the hydrant. You will need a wrench too.Most likely you will need to build a drop into the tank so water cant backflow into the hydrant. I have these permenently installed on all our rigs. No worries its simple. Talk to your local plumbing supply he should be able to hook you up.

Jimmy V
The king#2

Greg Nash

you can get meters with spigots on them to hook up hose to a machine or you can get them with a larger fitting. I put a 2 inch camlock on mine so i can use a fire hose or camlock a spigot to the meter. check out some fire stations around you sometimes they get rid of old hose that is still in good shape. if you get some hose get a nozzle for it.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 37

Florin Nutu

Go to your local plumbing supply store they should have the addapter for the hydrant. You will need a wrench too.Most likely you will need to build a drop into the tank so water cant backflow into the hydrant. I have these permenently installed on all our rigs. No worries its simple. Talk to your local plumbing supply he should be able to hook you up.

Jimmy V
The king#2

Thanks Jimmy. Does the same plumbing supplies have hose that I can use to rinse?

Jeff LeCours

Usually it comes with a 2" straight pipe and you can get the parts to adapt it for a hose or parts to reduce it down. We have a few we reduced down to a 2 way for garden hoses

Things to know about some fire hydrants is when opening the hydrant, you spin it all the way open and don't stop until its all the way open. Also when closing, don't close it real fast.

Usually it wont be a problem, but some older hydrants you can blow seals and then you have water big time seeping from the hydrant underground

Slow and steady to open and close will avoid the problems

Florin Nutu

Awesome guys. Thanks. Makes me wonder why hydrants don't get used more often. Do they usually charge a lot for the meter or water usage?

Jeff LeCours

I have one meter the rental is $100 and just pay water usage another I pay $1000 deposit that you get back minus the water usage. I keep them year round, not really suppose to keep them any more but I had them for a couple years now

Water usage isnt much at all

Rob Huffman

Florin,
Check with your local municipality for the permit. You may only need a permit with the address of the hydrant. Some areas you will need a meter. Either way you can go to Darley.com or eDarley.com and check out their fire equipment. They make a converter from the 2.5 inch (side of hydrant) downsized to a water hose attachment for like 40 bucks I think? I have some of those and then I have some that discharges to 2 garden hoses (Split Y version). Really depending on what you want to do and how fast. Give me a call and I can tell you about something else Mark helped me create to get it done faster.

Jim Cooney

James...why is that?

Not sure Carlos, but I know it's a fact when drawing from a hydrant. Even the irrigation feeds are all required to have backflow preventors installed.

It's also next to impossible to have a meter installed that aren't chained and locked to the hydrant. I just bid a project, large housing track, 11,000+ linear feet of perimeter wall. New River water district controls the water for this sub division. $1000 deposit, and will only install on 1 meter. I want it portable some I can move it from hydrant to hydrant as we move about the project. They acted like I was crazy.

Rob Huffman

James,
Thats not uncommon for them to not allow you to jump from one to another. Some counties I have done work in you pay for a permit per day and its PER HYDRANT. However the funniest is that Sundays are free...guess what day we tap that hydrant? But I still have to get the permit.

Most hydrants (from what I have heard of) have a backflow preventer below ground. So I guess I can consider myself lucky....

Carlos Gonzales

Maybe I am missing something here but I am having a hard time seeing or believing that chemicals are such a 'threat" if one is just putting water from a hydrant into a poly tank!