Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Friction Loss

Default Re: Friction Loss

Quote Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
    that is a really nice set-up!! I had figured the smaller hose would cause some loss but not that much, wow!!

How hard is it pulling around the 1/2" hose?
    Big difference with the 1/2" hose, but it's manageable. The 1/2" 2 wire hose weighs in at about .45 lbs a foot. I always have a man per machine who's primary function is dragging hose. I'll take that back, his primary function is to never, EVER let anyone run the hose over. Especially this 1/2" hose at damn near $3.00 a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Clean County PW View Post
    Monster Rig James!!! What is the weight capacity of that trailer?? I am thinking once again modifying my two enclosed trailers. I am tempting to cut one down in height so it can fit into parking garages. Still haven't figured how I am going to do that yet.
    7000 lb rated. I do not carry water off site, keep 100 gallons or less in the supply tank. I took the trailer over the scale and she weighed 6220 lbs, with approximately 100 gallons of water and my 35 gallon chemical tank full. That was with the 3/8" hose, guess I should reweigh it now to see what the difference is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    "Sticky It Is". . . now if I can find that darn tape to stick it. . . Hey Jeff...you seen the tape. . .oh never mind I found it.

Lost your duct tape ? Plan "B", Guerrilla Glue !

Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post
    7000 lb rated. I do not carry water off site, keep 100 gallons or less in the supply tank. I took the trailer over the scale and she weighed 6220 lbs, with approximately 100 gallons of water and my 35 gallon chemical tank full. That was with the 3/8" hose, guess I should reweigh it now to see what the difference is.
    Ok what do you clean with this rig?
    I could run four flat surface cleaners from this.
    What was your ending cost to set this up?
    Looks nice!

Jimmy V
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Innovativewash View Post
    Ok what do you clean with this rig?
    I could run four flat surface cleaners from this.
    What was your ending cost to set this up?
    Looks nice!

Jimmy V
    Flatwork, 50,000+ sq ft jobs. Average so far about 7500 sq ft per hour.

Running 4 off this set-up you'd kill your GPM and PSI. I downstream, spin the rinse without missing a beat. At damn near 9 GPM, rinsing takes no time at all. Inspect the area done before moving the rig, remove all the gum with low pressure and 250 degrees.

End cost.... About $30,000.

Hey Jim just be careful if you have to carry an additional 400 gallons of water in that tank(I'm presuming that its around a 500 gal tank on that trailer) the additional 400 gallons will almost put that trailer at 10,000lbs gross weight. The reason I say this is because I did many many jobs where I needed to carry more water and I also had 3500lb rated dual axles and I almost broke the axles because of that. So I had to put in 5000+ axles in that trailer to support the water weight and all the equipment in there.

There were some accounts I had that had no water hook ups and also some accounts where the water could not keep up with my one powerwasher running at 11gpm's and the other two together running at 7gpms. Thats 18gpm's total and you can see how fast that tank could drain.

Ok I understand a little of the friction loss. Here is my question if you running 5.5 gpm 4000psi do you still have friction loss with 3/8 hose or do you notice friction loss more so when you get up in the larger pumps.

Flatwork, 50,000+ sq ft jobs. Average so far about 7500 sq ft per hour.

Running 4 off this set-up you'd kill your GPM and PSI. I downstream, spin the rinse without missing a beat. At damn near 9 GPM, rinsing takes no time at all. Inspect the area done before moving the rig, remove all the gum with low pressure and 250 degrees.

End cost.... About $30,000.
    Same here brother! Lots of gpm . The problem we have been having is keeping water in the tanks. You darn near need a fire hydrant near by(doing that tonight)to hook to.8.6 gpmx 4 =34 gal min. We can run about 15-20min from a 550gal tank.
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Francis View Post
    Ok I understand a little of the friction loss. Here is my question if you running 5.5 gpm 4000psi do you still have friction loss with 3/8 hose or do you notice friction loss more so when you get up in the larger pumps.
    Per the chart you will lose approximately 150 PSI every 100' of hose you run, plus another 5% for each coupler.

Quote Originally Posted by Innovativewash View Post
    Same here brother! Lots of gpm . The problem we have been having is keeping water in the tanks. You darn near need a fire hydrant near by(doing that tonight)to hook to.8.6 gpmx 4 =34 gal min. We can run about 15-20min from a 550gal tank.
    Yes sir, water consumption is a major issue. Hydrant draw, or sometimes I find a 2" backflow preventor and feed 1 of my supply lines off of that. I do 1 complex, a bit over 100,000 sq ft, 2 separate 4 story buildings. Am able to draw 1 supply line off of each building and works great. But some hose bibs only put out 5 GPM.

On new projects I survey the water supply situation before we are scheduled to show-up, then I have a hydrant meter or whatever else I need to get the production I'm looking for.

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information