Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how?

Default Re: how?

Quote Originally Posted by RMedbery View Post
    I read this a few years ago, this part is just too hard to believe.

25 minutes? I would love to see that.
    Yes i agree with you on that to roger.I seen a tread at pwi a guy is mentioning a o charlies cleaning by him self 3 hours.I have cleaned o charlies a few times in my day by my self na dit doesnt take three hours i know more like 6.Hood rinse not a system cleaner.
    marko
    CLEANHOODS formally S&M Cleaning Services since 1997
    call 24/7>>>>>>> (828)632-7688 office
    High quality exhaust system detailer...emergency services available...fair rates....guaranteed inspection approval !
    Owner: Marko
    Visit Cleanhoods at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleanhoods/186427068726 or http://twitter.com/ Or E-Mail cleanhoods2002@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bryan View Post
    I agree with Dave on the Delco articles. The one that has inspired me to grow the most is this one http://www.dcs1.com/articles/gold.html

I got a chance to spend a few days with the man mentioned in that article last month, and it was nothing short of life changing. The adjustments we have made to our company since that meeting have made all of the difference in the world, in a word the difference was: PROFIT.

You can work as hard as you want on anything, but if you are just working hard scraping grease, that is all you will ever be, a great greaser. Focus on becoming a great business man, turn the work over to trusted men, and get on with the business of MAKING MONEY!!!

The smartest man I have ever known once gave me this little tidbit. He asked me what business he was in, I said the grease business. He said wrong, I am in the money making business.

Get yourself out of the grease business and in to the money making business and you will be happier than you could ever imagine.
    Thank you matt pretty good read.Heck one day i wil get that kind of break.Wish i thought of it a l-o-n-g time ago.This internet thing is whats encouraging me.I will figure it out and maybe not.but the info you all are giving is very helpfull and encouraging.Never thought the hood cleaning business could grow to that size.You know why i asked the question i asked on this thread?Now dont get me wrong it is about more money but mainly about security.I need something that i can give to my children ,you know the saying the "old money" .I am worried about my 6 children and my wife.My guess i have about 30 more years left on my clock.Hopefully that is enough time.
    Marko
    High quality exhaust system detailer...emergency services available...fair rates....guaranteed inspection approval !
    Visit Cleanhoods at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleanhoods/186427068726 or http://twitter.com/ Or E-Mail cleanhoods2002@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMedbery View Post
    25 minutes? I would love to see that.
    Let's see, that must be about a 6' hood, with one wall mounted fan, and only a couple filters. The equipment must be mounted, with a water tank and hose reels. The lead technician must be starting on the filters and the fan, while the assistant sets up the hood. 25 minutes doesn't leave much time for polishing the hood, so I guess it isn't stainless, it doesn't leave much time for cleaning up any messes either. It just doesn't seem feasible to me, however I would be more than willing to run the stopwatch if they are up to substantiating their claim. Hell, I'd pay good money just to see Christine and Daryl sling some grease again, but I don't see that ever happening again!
    Indiana Hood & Duct Cleaning Services
    Christopher M. Bunn Sr.
    Bunn Cleaning Company
    765-419-0108
    www.thegreasepolice.com

I think what they mean is it took them 3 hours to do the work before, now it takes them 25 minutes to print the work order and call the customer to schedule

marko, only 30? Wait until you have a few more years befor you worry about your age. There is a reason I am known as Sr Doug among the best greasers in the business, the Grease Police. I do admit it is more difficult to work until 2;30 AM or 4;30 AM and start at 9:00 AM as I did earlier this week.
    Douglas Hicks
    General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc
    Member NFPA, NFSA, NAFED
    Founding member, past pres, past secretary Oregon Fire Equipment Distributors
    Board of Directors, The Grease Police

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Hicks View Post
    marko, only 30? Wait until you have a few more years befor you worry about your age. There is a reason I am known as Sr Doug among the best greasers in the business, the Grease Police. I do admit it is more difficult to work until 2;30 AM or 4;30 AM and start at 9:00 AM as I did earlier this week.

Awwwww So touching

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Hicks View Post
    Well mr. douglas 34 to be exact. The time you mention i do and some i know what work is i have always worked most of my life. And yesterday was no exception started the day at 1pm cause the night before i was at my job from 10 pm to 10am thankgiving day. Ate thanksgiving slept a couple and service my rig then went to an 11pm completed at 2am went to my other at 2:30 am returned home at 9 am.That isnt to bad.Longest i went without stopping is 36 hours job to job.Longest job was 27 hours non stop pw. Now no disrespect but before you judge someone you should know them first since you are SO much older you should know that.Plus the age thing isnt what i am worried about its my life clock.I have to be prepared so my 6 children have something.Better now then when i am under.And no disrespect to the GP but if thats all you got to make you feel better i feel for you.My customers are the ones that enjoy to have me in there place they comment on my work they are the one that respect me for the person and quality and versitility i give them.That is what i feed on my CUSTOMERS not some web based TGP.They dont pay me tell me there life problems and accually listen i do.My customers talk to me about nearly anything that is called trust and respect.So please like i said dont judge a person unless you really know them and also have facts!By the way you are talking to one of the best exhaust system cleaners around this region and that is not from my point of view that is form my customers and nearlyall fire suppresion companys in this region,FACT.
    Marko
    Visit Cleanhoods at:

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Exhaust Cleaning View Post
    Awwwww So touching
    Yes i know these guys from this TGP feel they need to always throw negitive comments my way just to.They feel because they are from a web based club,TGP<, they are better then anyone.What is funny i have been to 3 other bbs's the first was theres,the other 2 just to avoid them then i found this one now they are here just to ride me. Whats funny look at there join most of there join dates.When i got here there was only 1 thread in this forum nothing with them in it and look TGP has arrived to ride old Marko,sorry young Marko lol.
    Anyways i went to your site very impressive work.Now that is hood cleaning. Like i have said several times, "man up and get up there and exhaust system clean,dont be a ground cleaner,hood cleaning is not magic its work".I have been your way before in flint.That was years ago though.
    Marko
    Visit Cleanhoods at:

Quote Originally Posted by cleanhoods View Post
    Yes i know these guys from this TGP feel they need to always throw negitive comments my way just to.

I will be the first to say that the TGP guys have been nothing but nice to you on this board. I gave you the benefit of the doubt before thinking that you may just have felt harassed, I am starting to think that you are just plum of your rocker now man. Thank you Matt.

Marko, in the same way you mention "manning up" to get something accomplished the same holds true on these boards. One has to man up and accept that not everyone is going to agree with what a person says or how they say it. The best way to avoid the petty squabbles and conflict is to not invite it. If you do not like the guys from GP, thats okay, just don't go to their forum. I have known many of the GP guys from these forums for a good amount of years. Quite a few I consider friends. They are as welcome here as you are.

You can help the industry by continuing to post information about things you have learned in business over the years. Rise above the fighting, it never makes anyone look good. I have done it myself and when I go back and reread my posts weeks later it never sounds as good to me as I thought it did originally. I just look foolish.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information