• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleanhoods

I read this a few years ago, this part is just too hard to believe.

25 minutes? I would love to see that.

Yes i agree with you on that to roger.I seen a tread at pwi a guy is mentioning a o charlies cleaning by him self 3 hours.I have cleaned o charlies a few times in my day by my self na dit doesnt take three hours i know more like 6.Hood rinse not a system cleaner.
marko

cleanhoods

I agree with Dave on the Delco articles. The one that has inspired me to grow the most is this one http://www.dcs1.com/articles/gold.html

I got a chance to spend a few days with the man mentioned in that article last month, and it was nothing short of life changing. The adjustments we have made to our company since that meeting have made all of the difference in the world, in a word the difference was: PROFIT.

You can work as hard as you want on anything, but if you are just working hard scraping grease, that is all you will ever be, a great greaser. Focus on becoming a great business man, turn the work over to trusted men, and get on with the business of MAKING MONEY!!!

The smartest man I have ever known once gave me this little tidbit. He asked me what business he was in, I said the grease business. He said wrong, I am in the money making business.

Get yourself out of the grease business and in to the money making business and you will be happier than you could ever imagine.

Thank you matt pretty good read.Heck one day i wil get that kind of break.Wish i thought of it a l-o-n-g time ago.This internet thing is whats encouraging me.I will figure it out and maybe not.but the info you all are giving is very helpfull and encouraging.Never thought the hood cleaning business could grow to that size.You know why i asked the question i asked on this thread?Now dont get me wrong it is about more money but mainly about security.I need something that i can give to my children ,you know the saying the "old money" .I am worried about my 6 children and my wife.My guess i have about 30 more years left on my clock.Hopefully that is enough time.
Marko

Christopher Bunn

25 minutes? I would love to see that.

Let's see, that must be about a 6' hood, with one wall mounted fan, and only a couple filters. The equipment must be mounted, with a water tank and hose reels. The lead technician must be starting on the filters and the fan, while the assistant sets up the hood. 25 minutes doesn't leave much time for polishing the hood, so I guess it isn't stainless, it doesn't leave much time for cleaning up any messes either. It just doesn't seem feasible to me, however I would be more than willing to run the stopwatch if they are up to substantiating their claim.:biggrin: Hell, I'd pay good money just to see Christine and Daryl sling some grease again, but I don't see that ever happening again!:headshakesmile-fast

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
I think what they mean is it took them 3 hours to do the work before, now it takes them 25 minutes to print the work order and call the customer to schedule:biggrin:

Douglas Hicks

marko, only 30? Wait until you have a few more years befor you worry about your age. There is a reason I am known as Sr Doug among the best greasers in the business, the Grease Police. I do admit it is more difficult to work until 2;30 AM or 4;30 AM and start at 9:00 AM as I did earlier this week.

Dave Ott

marko, only 30? Wait until you have a few more years befor you worry about your age. There is a reason I am known as Sr Doug among the best greasers in the business, the Grease Police. I do admit it is more difficult to work until 2;30 AM or 4;30 AM and start at 9:00 AM as I did earlier this week.

Awwwww So touching:sleepey::Smiley-2048:

cleanhoods

Well mr. douglas 34 to be exact. The time you mention i do and some i know what work is i have always worked most of my life. And yesterday was no exception started the day at 1pm cause the night before i was at my job from 10 pm to 10am thankgiving day. Ate thanksgiving slept a couple and service my rig then went to an 11pm completed at 2am went to my other at 2:30 am returned home at 9 am.That isnt to bad.Longest i went without stopping is 36 hours job to job.Longest job was 27 hours non stop pw. Now no disrespect but before you judge someone you should know them first since you are SO much older you should know that.Plus the age thing isnt what i am worried about its my life clock.I have to be prepared so my 6 children have something.Better now then when i am under.And no disrespect to the GP but if thats all you got to make you feel better i feel for you.My customers are the ones that enjoy to have me in there place they comment on my work they are the one that respect me for the person and quality and versitility i give them.That is what i feed on my CUSTOMERS not some web based TGP.They dont pay me tell me there life problems and accually listen i do.My customers talk to me about nearly anything that is called trust and respect.So please like i said dont judge a person unless you really know them and also have facts!By the way you are talking to one of the best exhaust system cleaners around this region and that is not from my point of view that is form my customers and nearlyall fire suppresion companys in this region,FACT.
Marko

cleanhoods

Awwwww So touching:sleepey::Smiley-2048:

Yes i know these guys from this TGP feel they need to always throw negitive comments my way just to.They feel because they are from a web based club,TGP<, they are better then anyone.What is funny i have been to 3 other bbs's the first was theres,the other 2 just to avoid them then i found this one now they are here just to ride me. Whats funny look at there join most of there join dates.When i got here there was only 1 thread in this forum nothing with them in it and look TGP has arrived to ride old Marko,sorry young Marko lol.
Anyways i went to your site very impressive work.Now that is hood cleaning. Like i have said several times, "man up and get up there and exhaust system clean,dont be a ground cleaner,hood cleaning is not magic its work".I have been your way before in flint.That was years ago though.
Marko

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
Yes i know these guys from this TGP feel they need to always throw negitive comments my way just to.

I will be the first to say that the TGP guys have been nothing but nice to you on this board. I gave you the benefit of the doubt before thinking that you may just have felt harassed, I am starting to think that you are just plum of your rocker now man. Thank you Matt.

Ken Fenner

Marko, in the same way you mention "manning up" to get something accomplished the same holds true on these boards. One has to man up and accept that not everyone is going to agree with what a person says or how they say it. The best way to avoid the petty squabbles and conflict is to not invite it. If you do not like the guys from GP, thats okay, just don't go to their forum. I have known many of the GP guys from these forums for a good amount of years. Quite a few I consider friends. They are as welcome here as you are.

You can help the industry by continuing to post information about things you have learned in business over the years. Rise above the fighting, it never makes anyone look good. I have done it myself and when I go back and reread my posts weeks later it never sounds as good to me as I thought it did originally. I just look foolish.

topcoat

Contributing Member
I just look foolish.

I agree on all points except this one!

Seriously though, having been an active contributor on the paint forums, its amazing the amount of petty squabbling that goes on. Sometimes we all have to take a deep breath and remove ourselves from a situation here and there. Its so easy to type whatever pops into our heads. We all have to make sure the filter between our heads and keyboards is intact.

cleanhoods

Marko, in the same way you mention "manning up" to get something accomplished the same holds true on these boards. One has to man up and accept that not everyone is going to agree with what a person says or how they say it. The best way to avoid the petty squabbles and conflict is to not invite it. If you do not like the guys from GP, thats okay, just don't go to their forum. I have known many of the GP guys from these forums for a good amount of years. Quite a few I consider friends. They are as welcome here as you are.

You can help the industry by continuing to post information about things you have learned in business over the years. Rise above the fighting, it never makes anyone look good. I have done it myself and when I go back and reread my posts weeks later it never sounds as good to me as I thought it did originally. I just look foolish.

Ken i am not fighting.Just like douglas opinion dont i have a right to mine? The funny thing is when a comment comes my way nothing is said but when i comment back on the issue it seems that i am the one at wrong. Why? IS everyone that interpets my writing feel offended? Ken believe me i am not intending to mean any harm,but the way i interpeted dougs comment is i am young and non expieranced. Now i knw we all learn new things daily but my road of life has been a ruff one. I have been through more things then most people can imagine or would even dare to be in. Please answer my question why when my opinion is posted i am jumped on?
Marko

cleanhoods

I agree on all points except this one!

Seriously though, having been an active contributor on the paint forums, its amazing the amount of petty squabbling that goes on. Sometimes we all have to take a deep breath and remove ourselves from a situation here and there. Its so easy to type whatever pops into our heads. We all have to make sure the filter between our heads and keyboards is intact.

Nicely put
Marko

cleanhoods

I will be the first to say that the TGP guys have been nothing but nice to you on this board. I gave you the benefit of the doubt before thinking that you may just have felt harassed, I am starting to think that you are just plum of your rocker now man. Thank you Matt.

Matt some have been nothing but nice to me on THIS board but dougs comment was not a nice thing to throw at me i feel. I have been nice as well havnt i? It just seems i dont get the respect i deserve. I dont understand at all why my comments are "plum off my rocker" but others are just fine. You dont feel dougs was out of line?
Marko

cleanhoods

Now people i am done "sqabbling" about this as well. Cant we all just get along. Going back to enjoying this bbs.
Marko

RMedbery

Matt some have been nothing but nice to me on THIS board but dougs comment was not a nice thing to throw at me i feel. I have been nice as well havnt i? It just seems i dont get the respect i deserve. I dont understand at all why my comments are "plum off my rocker" but others are just fine. You dont feel dougs was out of line?
Marko

Lord your loopy. Doug Sr is older than Moses, he merely pointed out that 30 is young, wait till you get his age. How you construed that as a slam against you..................only you would know.

Dave Ott

Marko

1st off a little explanation about me.

I have been away from the boards for over a year & a 1/2 for reasons.

--I run a business and wont let the business run me, so I must continue to keep implementing my layed out plans for the future to keep it self surviving. (A BBS takes away alot of time, and more when they turn into daycares)
--I also can not stand the bickering, name calling, attitudes, or large ego's (No ones way is the right way, and everyone is here to improve, or should be)
--I am not new to any of the originals on any of these boards. From Matt Bryan, Alexy, Doug, Douglas, Roger, Anthony, Ken , Carlos, Beth & Rod, or any other I may have forgot.
--I still keep in touch with many through Gmail, plaxo, cell phones, and other forms of communication. Some just text , type, call or send pictures just to harrass in a playful way. I am used to this and will dish it right back in a playful way. As in the post below to douglas since I still talk to the old greaser on other code, and fire prevention forums.
You just need a tough skin and remember, most out here just like to have some fun, and not always just show off
--That was the short list

Yes i know these guys from this TGP feel they need to always throw negitive comments my way just to.They feel because they are from a web based club,TGP<, they are better then anyone.

--The Grease Police (TGP) is not a web based club or cult or other.
They are actual contractors all over the world, and one could be your neighbor or close competitor.
They may have techniques, and info he or she have learned from them.
This info one day you wish you would have had (as you pack up your toys for good), because he has used these as ammo to pass your business up and reap the rewards.
I have a large company that complained and threw names like young school kids towards my company through the customers.
They called us just hood cleaners because they didn't know our work standards, or anything about us.
One large Hotel Chain finally told them that while they were to busy looking behing them trying to figure out who we were, that they should actually figure out how we were now in front of them.
I charge high prices, and am not out to clean every restaurant since we choose customers who are interested in keeping a system clean, (We choose our customers as customers would choose contractors) but with that comes professional service through continuing training, improvements of employees, and business from things I study, and learn everyday
--The Grease Police as any other board like, The Grime Scene, Original Delco board (Older than dirt but stood the test of time and was awesome), Powerwash Network, Pressure Washing Institute, and the one you are on now The UAMCC Contractor Network, any other I may have forgot have one goal.
The goal of any board or Org:
--Is to help every contractor anywhere in the world improve and share their ways, and then improve again with someone elses view. (Like a patent that someone makes, then someone uses the product and, changes it to improve it, and not steal it)
--It helps others learn from other contractors, and share ideas that save time, money, and lives
--Is to help everyone including you and I keep up to date on changes in the industry. These are issues that could easily affect your livelyhood.
Like water usage bans where associations like the one you are on and others, have gone to bat for the contractor without a voice to help keep them up and running and, also help them understand the rules of the small print from the laws, or codes set forth.
Without many of these boards many including yourself would be blind to the changing industry, rules, laws, codes or other.
What would happen if they required you to be certified by one special org to continue your grease cleaning empire? You would want to know about this, and when the transition would need to be implemented in your business, if you would be grandfathered in, or if you just needed to take a test to keep from closing down for good.
Any smart business man would want to know this, or any other info that they could get there hands on to stay above, what everyone would call hacks or lowballers. (I would call them the uninformed)

What is funny i have been to 3 other bbs's the first was theres,the other 2 just to avoid them then i found this one now they are here just to ride me. Whats funny look at there join most of there join dates.When i got here there was only 1 thread in this forum nothing with them in it and look TGP has arrived to ride old Marko,sorry young Marko lol.

Marko you may have taken my message to Douglas as ammo for a TGP bashing.
Please understand that my remark to Douglas was a joke at how he complains of getting older and his whining of staying up late and working early.
TGP is an Org that is changing the industry for the better with a large group of contractors who have had enough of shoddy work, and low prices from the contractors looking to make the quick buck, and not holding themselves to any standard or accountability.
I have seen this change over this short time. If contractors become more accountable for their cleanings, there would be less restaurant fires, and loss of life.
They have helped many in so many ways, and you can see this or hear this from many that have stepped foot in their door.
The same goes for this board and any other board or org. They all help to make change, and make it easy on everyone. Everyone including you needs to just open the ears, and sometimes close the mouth.
Everyones opinion is needed including yours, but also dont take things the wrong way, because not everyone is out to get you. Now when you kick the cage of the TGP or any other, don't expect the animals to stay quiet for long.

Anyways i went to your site very impressive work.Now that is hood cleaning. Like i have said several times, "man up and get up there and exhaust system clean,dont be a ground cleaner,hood cleaning is not magic its work".I have been your way before in flint.That was years ago though.
Marko

I do appreciate it

Just remember to play fair, share, listen , voice your opinion, listen some more, learn, and learn some more.
If someone gets on your nerves just ignore them. They will eventually get bored and go away.
Also you have the option to report them to a moderator, but not to the extreme that you did on TGC. That is what brought me out of my cave was all your emails and whining that johnny was poking you with a stick.
I am still a moderator on another board you complained on, and was also there when TGP first opened their forum doors to help change the industry.

Just enjoy all the info free at your keyboard, and resist the ones that you think are out to get you.

If the world was perfect and we all got along then there would be no war, or kids getting beat up in school. Like Tom who got a sore nose in kindergarden for eating my crayons.
Sorry Tom no hard feeling

Ken Fenner

And on that note..

Marko take the time to carefully consider what was written above. We have seen many guys come and go. The ones that come back year after year are the guys that use the BBS's as a tool to grow their business. Period. Yes you can make friends and have fun from time to time. Yes there will be disagreements and you can talk those out.

I cannot speak for the rest of the BBS's but I know my time is torn betwen multiple businesses and this UAMCC endeavor. Babysitting forums is not something I am inclined to add to my plate. This is the reason Carlos and the transition team have adopted a zero tolerance policy of wasteful posting on this forum.

I will be flat out honest with you and you can take this for what it is worth. You are coming across as whiny and intolerant. You poke people and when they poke back you sound like a little kid "But I didn't dooooo anything". C'mon man. I have mentioned to you on a couple of occasions that you are welcome here and I meant it. Last time I will plead with you to follow forum ettiquette. If you are unsure of what forum ettiquette is, refrain from posting for awhile until you get the rhythm of how this baord and others are run.

While I despise heavy handed moderating and censorship, this thread has run its course and will be closed. If anyone would like to continue what started as a good discussion, shoot someone on the transition team a pm and we can pare back the extraneous stuff and reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.