• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Mr. Clean magic eraser ??

Rick Honahan

UAMCC Contractor Member
I went to clean a house today that had soot from a wood pellet stove on the vinyl siding. I tried my house wash - no luck. So I pulled out a heavy alkaline cleaner - no luck - Then I tried an oxygen cleaner and still no luck. I removed surface grime but would not touch the black/brown stains. Then the customer comes out with a MR.Clean magic eraser and said he used it in the past to remove the soot. I just barely touched the siding with it and the soot was gone. What's in the eraser?

Jeff Wible

Nothing is used as a chemical cleaner in the Magic Eraser. Itself,...is made of melamine, a kind of insulation..and it "cleans" by mild abrasion.

Jeff

cmturner

Magic erasers are freakin AWESOME. We screwed up and put a lite colored grout in our kitchen and then didn't seal it, I tried every freakin grout brush I could buy and grout cleaner, nothing worked worth a dang. Lo and behold magic eraser rips right through it cleans it right up to look like new. As a window cleaner we use them for silicone removal as well, thats a little tip for you all. Silicone balls right up and comes right off of the window, I've tried all kinds of stuff sold specifically for silicone removal and not found anything that works as well.

Ken Fenner

The Magic Eraser is like the greatest invention of the 20th century. Its an abrasive, but its mild. If you go real light it won't even mar good quality flat paint.

PressureWashE

I have to agree, I run 200ft of non marking hose on my trailer, but needed another 50ft the other day, so I added some black marking hose on the end, and put a mark on white vinyl, I grabed a magic eraser and it came off quickly and effectively. I love it.

so many applications are possible

Randy Borio

O.K. I now believe in the "MAGIC" in the Magic eraser. The kid and I went out a clients home today to check on his wood burner vent, and while we were there I had him try the Eraser....WOW. No muss no fuss no bother. I hope all the home owners don't find out how good these are. We might all be out of work (lol). BTW I grabbed mine at Dollar General, 2 pack for $2. Is that about the goin' rate??? Thanks for the best tip of the month guys!!!!

Bryan Corns

Magic Eraser works great on vinyl siding. We use it all the time. Takes the scuffs off vinyl siding from lawn mowers etc.

Also works well on taking off fresh stain on vinyl during trim work when staining decks...

BigPapa

lots of places....Menards...Lowes....Walmart..( I hate that word )..:biggrin:..If your looking...You can find them for $1.00...a two pack.
I all so do smoke restoration..and it works good on lots of structure and contents.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Don't use them on leather car seats! They look good for a year then prepare to replace or spend $500 to fix!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2