Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmarts

Default Walmarts

So I had to stop in a Walmrt this morning. A crew with a ratty PW trailer was just finishing up. Looks like they just got the flatwork wet, tons of gum still present, and no reclamation.

From what I have heard on another board, Walmart requires reclamation. Can anyone confirm this ?

I assume is a regional contract. Any information would be appreciated.

Default Re: Walmarts

Jim,
    There was an RFP sent out by Walmart several years back now. It was very in depth and precise on reclaiming. From my understanding Walmart has a bad reputation with the EPA guidelines on water run off. The CWA doesnt just pertain to our industry and from what I understood when the Walmarts were being built is when they had these issues.

Well whoever this "contractor" was, his PW trailer set-up wasn't worth $3000, and the did absolutely zero reclaiming. Obviously because A0 they did not have a reclamation system and B) there was 1500+ gallons of water in the parking lot. At 10:30 am mind you. ****ed me off for a couple reasons, but mostly because I just had my truck washed and had no other option than to drive through the slop they flushed into the parking lot.

I'm going to do some investigating and find out who that "contractor" is/was.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post
    Well whoever this "contractor" was, his PW trailer set-up wasn't worth $3000, and the did absolutely zero reclaiming. Obviously because A0 they did not have a reclamation system and B) there was 1500+ gallons of water in the parking lot. At 10:30 am mind you. ****ed me off for a couple reasons, but mostly because I just had my truck washed and had no other option than to drive through the slop they flushed into the parking lot.

Hours of washing are between 10 pm and 6 am if I am not mistaken as well. Its all in the scope of work and details exactly what must be done to comply with their contract.

I'd report that store to corporate. The Walmart RFP was tight.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

Ask and you shall recieve .... check out the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post

was it a "yellow" trailer?

Now I am wrong I saw where you said gum everywhere, it would not be who I was thinking.

I was reading thru that rfp , what is the "annual profile of waste water"? Is this standard on big commercial?
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Spence View Post
    was it a "yellow" trailer?

Now I am wrong I saw where you said gum everywhere, it would not be who I was thinking.
    No, it wasn't part of the yellow trailer fleet. It was probably one of the rattiest looking trailers I have ever seen. I'll be talking to the GM this week.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information