• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Walmarts

Jim Cooney

So I had to stop in a Walmrt this morning. A crew with a ratty PW trailer was just finishing up. Looks like they just got the flatwork wet, tons of gum still present, and no reclamation.

From what I have heard on another board, Walmart requires reclamation. Can anyone confirm this ?

I assume is a regional contract. Any information would be appreciated.

Rob Huffman

Jim,
There was an RFP sent out by Walmart several years back now. It was very in depth and precise on reclaiming. From my understanding Walmart has a bad reputation with the EPA guidelines on water run off. The CWA doesnt just pertain to our industry and from what I understood when the Walmarts were being built is when they had these issues.

Jim Cooney

Well whoever this "contractor" was, his PW trailer set-up wasn't worth $3000, and the did absolutely zero reclaiming. Obviously because A0 they did not have a reclamation system and B) there was 1500+ gallons of water in the parking lot. At 10:30 am mind you. ****ed me off for a couple reasons, but mostly because I just had my truck washed and had no other option than to drive through the slop they flushed into the parking lot.

I'm going to do some investigating and find out who that "contractor" is/was.

Chris Tharpe

Well whoever this "contractor" was, his PW trailer set-up wasn't worth $3000, and the did absolutely zero reclaiming. Obviously because A0 they did not have a reclamation system and B) there was 1500+ gallons of water in the parking lot. At 10:30 am mind you. ****ed me off for a couple reasons, but mostly because I just had my truck washed and had no other option than to drive through the slop they flushed into the parking lot.

Hours of washing are between 10 pm and 6 am if I am not mistaken as well. Its all in the scope of work and details exactly what must be done to comply with their contract.

Russ Spence

was it a "yellow" trailer? :redcard:

Now I am wrong I saw where you said gum everywhere, it would not be who I was thinking.

Jim Cooney

was it a "yellow" trailer? :redcard:

Now I am wrong I saw where you said gum everywhere, it would not be who I was thinking.

No, it wasn't part of the yellow trailer fleet. It was probably one of the rattiest looking trailers I have ever seen. I'll be talking to the GM this week.

Dan Dykstra

Contributing Member
It could be that the company doing the cleaning was one that the winner of the bid subbed the job out to, and they have no idea that reclaim is necessary or even that it is to be done in the evening. Happens alot here by me. The company that wins the job subs it out to chuck in a truck, and chuck has no idea what the requirements are.