• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

need to purchase skid mount

globalskytech

Hey guys looking to purchase a skid mount unit and have looked at pretty much all the major brands out there (Landa Alkota,HYdro tek,Sunbrites).This will be my first machine.Has anyone every heard of the Silver Eagle company? http://www.silvereaglemanufacturing.com/index.html There prices seem right but look like completely different than most of the skid mounts out there.Any thoughts would be appreciated.:biggrin:

De-grease

Hey guys looking to purchase a skid mount unit and have looked at pretty much all the major brands out there (Landa Alkota,HYdro tek,Sunbrites).This will be my first machine.Has anyone every heard of the Silver Eagle company? http://www.silvereaglemanufacturing.com/index.html There prices seem right but look like completely different than most of the skid mounts out there.Any thoughts would be appreciated.:biggrin:
Hey Shane i can't tell you as much as you probably want to hear but i will say im just a virgin in the pressure washing industry and back a year or so ago when we got to looking for a rig i looked at a used unit from silver eagle and there were several little things that the seller said was broken and little flaws and stuff but he said the unit wasnt but two year old could be lack of maintenence of course but just seemed like to many little thing with the burner and little things here and there but thats my two cents have a good one

globalskytech

i bought all my equipment from there they have great stuff :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Did you purchase the commercial equipment or the industrial setup?I am just curious to how it has held up since it it not like the other machines out there.I am going to call them tomorrow and try to get more info on the type of pumps they use and location of the gas tanks.Anyway thanks for your input.:coool:

John Doherty

I've only had Landa's and Hydro Teks, really like both manufacturers, but they aren't cheap and I never bought one new.

I know lots of guys use the Pressure Pro machines and they seem real happy with them.

If I were going brand new I'd go for the Pressure Pro, they seem to offer a really good value.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member

Call JD at Power LIne Industries before you buy any skid unit.
801-884-2116 Cell Tell him I gave you his number
We have had nothing but great things to say about this company. If you are a profesional contractor and want your equipment to last talk to JD at this number.

Jimmy V

Guy Blackmon

Shane, just my .02, but I would wait and keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist for a unit.

I have purchased units from both, and got great deals on low hour quality machines.

You can pay 10 to $15,000 for a unit from the dealer, or 5 to $7000.00 from ebay or CL. Skid, Tank, Trailer whole 9 yards.

Remember, Cash Is King!!!

globalskytech

Shane, just my .02, but I would wait and keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist for a unit.

I have purchased units from both, and got great deals on low hour quality machines.

You can pay 10 to $15,000 for a unit from the dealer, or 5 to $7000.00 from ebay or CL. Skid, Tank, Trailer whole 9 yards.

Remember, Cash Is King!!!

I have had my eyes pealed on those two sites hopeing to find a great deal for awhile now.I finally have some cash to play with but if I dont get something fast life will eat that little stash quick.So I am trying real hard to find a bargain new or used, basically the best bang for my dollar with quality in mind of course.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Some UAMCC Vendor members have discounts for UAMCC members. http://www.pressuretek.com offers 5% off. I have been using Pressure Pro machines and have yet to have any major problems. For the $$$, can't beat them.

http://www.sunbritesupply.com has them too.. They are just relabled, I believe, as Black Knight machines.

Look to our vendor members first when looking for a machine.

8gal per min 24hs honda 120vt system general pump and generator $5299 shipped to our shop. 5299 end cost!!!!!!

Guy Blackmon

Landa 8 gpm, powder coated 12ft trailer, tank, 2 hose reels, 2 35gal chem tanks, small surface cleaner, unit had 18hrs on it when I picked it up.........$7000.00 cash

The suppliers listed above are great guys!!

Just food for thought.

Attachments

• Beach pic RT 005 re.jpg
    Beach pic RT 005 re.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 30

Chris Tharpe

Guys, I am going to go against the grain here and say NO to PRESSURE PRO. If you are going to run this machine hours on end or have a technician running it, I would stay away from them especially the Super Skid models (upright and very tall, also only series the 8gpm comes in at this time) They are build cheap although using the same engines and pumps as other machines. The burner is made by alkota and the fuel tanks are not near large enough.

I have one of these as well as the Pro-Super Skid's and the Taller Super Skid is a total piece of junk. Pressure switches, engine problems (warrantied through honda and hold your breath on that one) Charging system problems (never found the problem but after 8 transformers I opted for the larger AFG Beckett Burner and ran it 110 via a stand alone generator) pieces of the frame falling apart, end caps on the skid falling off as well as the burner cover fell off, and this is just the start.
The first Photo is of the inside of the Super Skid's coil. It has fallen apart in less than a 7 months old. I went to PP and had an in depth conversation with a couple of their higher-ups with the only resolution being offered was to send the machine in to their facility in FL and they would diagnose everything and fix whats broken but at that point I only had 2 skids and both had to run nightly or else there would be problems. There was no willingness to aid, and I will not purchase another from them

If your trying to fit this machine in on a budget I would advise checking with the local craigslist and ebay like Guy mentioned. You cannot go wrong usually if the machine is in good shape and fits the type of work your going to be doing
The second machine is their Pro-Super Skid and its built better but still needs work to be a good machine. Best of luck with your search but look into Alkota, Hydrotek, Landa, and more high end machines and see if you can't find something that fits your budget.

I DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RECOMMEND PRESSURE PRO MACHINES.

What are you using this skid for mainly and how many hours per week will it run?

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P8240078.jpg
    P8240078.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 31

Doug Tripp

Mobile Wash Pro,

that pic of your coil reminds me of what my first unit looked like when I pulled the coil apart. Landa unit about 1994. I believe thats caused by the burner not being adjusted correcdtly, the flames are hitting the inside "walls"

Chris Tharpe

Mobile Wash Pro,

that pic of your coil reminds me of what my first unit looked like when I pulled the coil apart. Landa unit about 1994. I believe thats caused by the burner not being adjusted correcdtly, the flames are hitting the inside "walls"

That was caused by overuse on a machine that is not capable of handling constant work. The burner was stock when that happened and even the fuel psi was set at stock 125psi

I highly recommend Largo skids.We have had our for 8yrs and just in the last 2 weeks had to do what I would consider my 1st major repair.I had to replace the pump packing and also found a hair line crack in the pump head.May actually be getting a new pump head under warranty....waiting to find out.
I had also had to replace the unloader and pressure gauge and have a new dissipation cap welded into the top of the burner.This machine is a work horse with close to 4500 hours on it.I wish I had order larger fuel tanks,but that is the only thing I look back on and wish I had changed.
The break down of minor repairs in 8yrs is as follows:
3 unloader
fuel pump(engine,not hot water side)
spark plugs and boots
re-wired(electrical fire..my fault)
2 oil dip sticks(damned thieves.I mean who steals that kind of thing)
choke pull assembly(see dip stick comments)
2 flow switches

IMO,money well spent and definitely a machine I would buy again.

Chris Tharpe

I highly recommend Largo skids.We have had our for 8yrs and just in the last 2 weeks had to do what I would consider my 1st major repair.I had to replace the pump packing and also found a hair line crack in the pump head.May actually be getting a new pump head under warranty....waiting to find out.
I had also had to replace the unloader and pressure gauge and have a new dissipation cap welded into the top of the burner.This machine is a work horse with close to 4500 hours on it.I wish I had order larger fuel tanks,but that is the only thing I look back on and wish I had changed.
The break down of minor repairs in 8yrs is as follows:
3 unloader
fuel pump(engine,not hot water side)
spark plugs and boots
re-wired(electrical fire..my fault)
2 oil dip sticks(damned thieves.I mean who steals that kind of thing)
choke pull assembly(see dip stick comments)
2 flow switches

IMO,money well spent and definitely a machine I would buy again.

Good to know

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
Are you looking for a skid only or a total package? One thing about Silver Eagle according to Silver Eagle is they have to have city water or pressurized water hook-up. I have looked at some of their big units 9.8 @ 10,000 psi and noticed their equipment is not Ul or CSA certified. Pressure-Pro is the same thing. Which if something goes wrong and someone gets hurt it makes you culpable in a lawsuit. So you know the "value" from a purchase does not just come from price. Check for warranty support, service centers, help with truoble shooting etc.. Buying equipment is a big step and should be approached with caution. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.