• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Surface cleaners?

De-grease

Hey guys Im looking to buy a surface cleaner need opinions on what's good whats not and I've seen some with rotating brushes are they worth the money or just a waste? Thanks in advance Brandon

Jim Cooney

Hey guys Im looking to buy a surface cleaner need opinions on what's good whats not and I've seen some with rotating brushes are they worth the money or just a waste? Thanks in advance Brandon

I prefer the round ones.

Just kidding. You'll get different opinions from different contractors. I guess the first step is to let us know what your machine capabilities are (GPM, PSI) And if you don't have a burner, and capable of hitting at least 200 degrees, then you'd be wasting your $$$ on a spinner.

Provide more info and I'll tell you what direction I'd suggest, as I'm sure others on the board will also.

De-grease

Haha alright I got the unit from pressure pro its a general 5000 5.5 gal. with a 210 degree burner I believe thats right on temp its no less than 210 though hope this helps and thanks again

Jim Cooney

5.5 GPM machine, my preference would be a Steel Eagle 24" spinner. I have the 3 arm. Great machine. Shop it around, I got mine for $700 or so, shipped.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I've had quite a few surface cleaners over the years: Whirl-a-Way, Landa Water Jet, 24' Silver Eagle (2 of them) and my favorite has been the Big Guy. I do 99% residential, but wash at least 1 or 2 (or more) driveways daily. The Big Guy has never let me down. (Maybe I just like the Hula skirt?)

P.S. If I win a new Big Guy here in Orlando, I might consider selling one!

Last edited: