• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Diesel van HELP!!!

Florin Nutu

I have a 2006 3500 turbo diesel van. In the last week it has been acting up. What it is doing is at times it only hits 30mph. It runs good but i get going and when it gets close to the 30 mark it seems to top right there. What it feels like is how it feels when you are trying to go up a hill in a high gear. It does not rev up high or anything. Its as if only so much gas is going in no matter how hard i press the gas pedal. I thought I fixed it by taking it to a Jiffy lube and had them change the tranny oil but they said it was good. Then I changed the airfilter thinking it was not getting enough air. It stopped doing it again. Well its doing it again this morning. It also seems to do it more when it is raining really hard out(could be a coincidence though).

Anybody got a clue on what I can try before I take it in to a shop?:confused:

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I had a GMC that did something similar. How many miles are on it? For my truck it was around 90k and that is about the time you were supposed to change the fuel injector pump.

Florin Nutu

Update.

I went peeking under the body and heard a whirring noise coming from these. The motor is off and the key is out.

Attachments

• UNDER VAN.jpg
    UNDER VAN.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 23

Eric Flynn

What make? In most cases there is a little sediment filter in the tank connected to the fuel pump. You can drop the tank, pull the pump and check that. Call if you have any questions.
Eric