• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

chinese

cleanhoods

These are the pipes and of course being chinese this is the only accessable area.I did advise they need access panels but they won't do it.When my new stickers come in i will have an area that can be stamped to advise whoever that there is non accessable areas.
Marko

Last edited:

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
These are the pipes and of course being chinese this is the only accessable area.I did advise they need access panels but they won't do it.When my new stickers come in i will have an area that can be stamped to advise whoever that there is non accessable areas.
Marko

Marko, please do not take offense, the pictures you showed are very good, but putting the access on the customer will not fly if a fire happened and God forbid damage was done to the restaurant.

You may be asked "Why would you take the job if you could not clean the whole system" by a lawyer or judge and there is no right answer. Not cleaning the entire system every time will come back to bite you if damage to the restaurant occurs.

I am only saying this to help you and please in no way I am trying to bash what you are doing, I hope you understand this.

cleanhoods

Marko, please do not take offense, the pictures you showed are very good, but putting the access on the customer will not fly if a fire happened and God forbid damage was done to the restaurant.

You may be asked "Why would you take the job if you could not clean the whole system" by a lawyer or judge and there is no right answer. Not cleaning the entire system every time will come back to bite you if damage to the restaurant occurs.

I am only saying this to help you and please in no way I am trying to bash what you are doing, I hope you understand this.

Matt please believe me my attitude has change.LOL.And you are right but one question how do i convince them to put in an access.Maybe since i am taking pics now ,thanks to you all, i can reach my arm in there and take a couple of shots and show them maybe that will work.I dont know how it is over there with the chinese but they are just plain cheap here.I have one if you dont keep count on the filters next thing you know when you put them back you have 6 extras and you know how hard that is to get cleaned especially when just sitting.Any sugestion would help to convince these people.I accually clean alot of chinese people here dont want them.I dont mind working hard but i like when a system can be perfect.Chinese is hard to deal with in my book.I dont know i note on the bill about htis and now my stickers are changing to have the info. on it so inspectors will know i even talk to the customers about htis as well and they agree but dont pursue.
Marko

Scott Stone

That is great helpful advice Matt.
Marko,
What I saw looked great. But then, I am not a hood rat. I do think that you should have built into your original bid a couple of access panels, at least that is what I would have done, but like I said, I am not a hood rat.

Christopher Bunn

In the third pic, it looks like the wiring for the fan has been run through the duct.:redcard: That is another code violation / fire hazard that needs to be addressed. I assume you noted that on your ASR as well, correct?

cleanhoods

Yes i have told ,showed, and written on bill and no go. Good eye there. Also the wire doesnt go through the duct it is on the outside just goes through the top of the curb to the bottom of fan. Chinese won't spend the money unless they are forced or they just have to.
Marko

cleanhoods

That is great helpful advice Matt.
Marko,
What I saw looked great. But then, I am not a hood rat. I do think that you should have built into your original bid a couple of access panels, at least that is what I would have done, but like I said, I am not a hood rat.

Like i have said alot about chinese they will not spend the money to have access panels installed and the fire inspectors here are no help eather.
Marko

cleanhoods

Is there any suggesions to get these inspectors to do there job better? If they would accually inspect these things it would be addressed the restaurants owners then they would do the things that nead to be done to prevent possible fire hazards. Maybe i should go to the capital here and address it to the big wigs?
Marko

KDC8686

Ok thats simple thank you
Marko

Did you send it?

I have run into the same problems with a few of the Chinese owners as well. I have just documented over and over that they are at risk of a fire etc...Other then that I am unsure what to do. It seems they are more interested in having a shiny hood rather then a safe over all system. I have recently learned to do a more thorough inspection when making a bid.Due to a 15+ gallon night. this has allowed me to charge a few more $$.
Is there a thread re: pricing?
I have not increased my prices for several years due to the grease being a secondary income.