Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dumpster Photos - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dumpster Photos

Default Re: Dumpster Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Thanks Ron.
    I like that idea with the $100 for 5 min. I might try that one day
    I actaully do a trade with movie theaters and often seduce them with movie tickets if a i can get some of there time.

It works, especially during holidays.

Another thing flatwork guys get call for. Restoration damage.

I'm certain your aircraft parts you saw differences from one supplier to the next.

Or even your fellow mechanic trying to bandaid something you thought should not be.
    Actually there would be jail time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RMedbery View Post
    Actually there would be jail time for that.
    I was on a plane last week and I noticed they changed the leather rest to a material. The material was cheap.

Another example i was flying on US air and the ac didnt work in the plane for a bit. The Plastic cups they were using had changed brands, the flight people couldnt use them. The heat from the plane had melted them, the attendant said the old ones never melted.

People will always look for cheap junk.

In the service business if you always give quality you will be around.

Ron,
    I believe you misinterpreted my eariler post. I said it is good to have companys like yours to do the type of cleaning of dumpsters, etc. We don't do this, because we are a quality-service business. It doesn't mean any less no matter what we clean. The bottom line, is it profitable? I had a painting contractor from Calif. challenge my pricing a few years back. He was getting $75. / hr. Ours is much less. However when all was said and done, he did not make any more then we do. Compare prices. Our insurance was 1/4 his. I spend $2.50 for a gal. of milk. My home in Ohio is worth $160,000. In california it is pushing $1,000,000. The list goes on. No one impresses me by what they charge. $150.00 per hr. in some areas equates to $50.00 / hr. in Ohio. We many times look at the price of things without looking at the actual cost. Check out cars on line. They ask not only your zip code but sometimes what county you live in. That shows how cost vary? Again, we also are a very small company. Size doen't mean anything either. I know of painter who have 80 painters. They just laid off 35. We have five full time total employees. We have never laid anyone off other then 1-2 weeks during the Holidays. Maybe you cannot see the Value of a small company since you have so many years as being very large and having a large expense? I appreciate the very large business in all industrys. This is good. They handle the work we wouldn't do and give me some one to recommend on very large projects. We do recommend large work to qualified companys. This is a benefit to our business and builds our reputation as a company to rely on. I do not charge anything for recommendation either. We share and work together. I hope the UAMCC developes a program for sharing no cost networking. I'd love to recommend a PWer in Fla for a local customer. Someone I know and could rely on. And at not cost or profit to me. This make us more Valuable and reputable to our customers. I hope you did not take my eariler comment as a negative remark. It is ment to be very positive. We all do something different and no one has all the answers. No one is 100% right or wrong. This is why BBS are good. Sharing ideas and information to be of value to all involved. Thank You.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

I hope the UAMCC developes a program for sharing no cost networking. I'd love to recommend a PWer in Fla for a local customer. Someone I know and could rely on. And at not cost or profit to me. This make us more Valuable and reputable to our customers.
    When stuff is free, that usually what itís worth!

On the economy is different in your neck versus mine. I donít think ford or gm cares. That car is the same price.
    Neither do commercial customers.

The base is the base and if they can like you or I get someone to do a job for less they will try.

That why I have spent my life educating those customers we are a valuable tradesmenís and we have a profession. Now I need some people like possibly the Uamcc or some other body that truly wants to raise the standards.

You right, no one will 100% correct...

But if I get to those few and they send the message and raise the standards it will be better for you and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
    I actaully do a trade with movie theaters and often seduce them with movie tickets if a i can get some of there time.

It works, especially during holidays.
    Now I will do that.

With your permission of course.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Now I will do that.

With your permission of course.
    Have at it, let us know how it works out. It may not be instant success.

Ron,
    Does this mean the UAMCC should charge & profit from providing referals? I guess this could be very profitable for the UAMCC? Who would have to pay for this service? Is this a service you could provide? I guess it would have to be someone who knows the ins and outs of the PW business?
    I will say, we do not spend the same on vehicles. My father in law retired with 37 yrs at GM. He'd tell you the same. Different cost for different parts of the country.
    How would you recommend the UAMCC raise the Standards? Is there a school or individuals qualified to do this? I know the Certifications in the PW industry vary. Some are self made and others are actual teaching and testing. What would an actual certification in the PW industry cost and even look like? Thank you for sharing the ideas and info for building the UAMCC.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

I have always been leery of anything free. There is almost always a catch somewhere and you don't usually find out about the catch until later.

• Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information