Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Dumpster Photos

  1. #31

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bryan View Post
    I have always been leery of anything free. There is almost always a catch somewhere and you don't usually find out about the catch until later.
    This free is about orgs and people volunteering. Its doesnt work often and usally someone feels they did more and deserve more credit.

    Yeah, free is usally not free.

    I was talking about stuff that is truly free usally sucks.

    I guess theres a difference in free and stuff that is free.

    I give stuff free, but people usally get a great service contractor for trying the product.

    I have been to grand openings of places they gave free stuff and it taisted good so i went back again and again and again.

    I just think the uamcc should charge and develop a great program.

  • #32

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Ron, Matt,
    Would you recommend the UAMCC charge for the education and business plans they develop? Would you charge for all networking and basically be a profit organization? I guess the officers should be paid also? Maybe we could get vendors and manufacturers to put up some of the cost? Just wondering how everything free is in your opinion.
    "I was talking about stuff that is truly free usally sucks."
    This could be a good thing for the UAMCC to make money and have a profitable program for it's members?
    I know I pay $500.00 / yr for PDCA and all executive committee members are paid. Some make pretty good money. The CEO also had a caddie for part of his benefits. Thank you.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

    Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

  • #33

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by tegrey View Post
    Ron, Matt,
    Would you recommend the UAMCC charge for the education and business plans they develop? Would you charge for all networking and basically be a profit organization? I guess the officers should be paid also? Maybe we could get vendors and manufacturers to put up some of the cost? Just wondering how everything free is in your opinion.
    "I was talking about stuff that is truly free usally sucks."
    This could be a good thing for the UAMCC to make money and have a profitable program for it's members?
    I know I pay $500.00 / yr for PDCA and all executive committee members are paid. Some make pretty good money. The CEO also had a caddie for part of his benefits. Thank you.
    If you talk with your folks and PDCA they will tell you that 250 to 350 is spent admin the names alone.

    So that leaves 150.00 for other things. Its not enough, people are spending money on education. My kids are costing me alot of money to attend the Schools they are in.

    You mentioned about support from dist, yes in every org the associates pay the ticket.

    I cant see that happening in PW yet, but if someone builds it they will come.

    Please dont be offended by my type, i stink at coveying messages online.

    I was disappointed to see you go non-profit. I wanted to see the uamcc stay private.

    I suppose if you do things correctly it will work. I just dont want to see you fall in the same boat the PWNA has in the last few years.

  • #34

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Ron,
    I was on the National Board for PDCA for 4 years. I actually was the only one who voted against the annual budget for two years running! Out of 50+ votes, I stood alone. However I believe the $ was not there as stated by the board. Isn't the PWNA a profit org.? You started the PWNA didn't you? How are they doing being a profit company? I guess the UAMCC could have been for profit. Maybe making money from members and charging them for all the cost plus paying officers would grow the org. better? Having security for anyone today couldn't hurt. The PDCA does spend over $4,000,000 per year. The CEO is paid well as are all the office workers. That would be goal to work for in the UAMCC? Having a nice bank account can't hurt.
    As far as giving references to another PWer, do you believe I should charge for that service? How would I go about that? If I gave a PWer in Fla. a name and number, maybe I should get a referal fee first? I wouldn't know how to do that as I have never charged anyone for a referal. I guess I could charge according to the size of job also? How about multiple jobs? I should become a Broker? That would be a good life! Thank You.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

    Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

  • #35

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by tegrey View Post
    Ron,
    I was on the National Board for PDCA for 4 years. I actually was the only one who voted against the annual budget for two years running! Out of 50+ votes, I stood alone. However I believe the $ was not there as stated by the board. Isn't the PWNA a profit org.? You started the PWNA didn't you? How are they doing being a profit company? I guess the UAMCC could have been for profit. Maybe making money from members and charging them for all the cost plus paying officers would grow the org. better? Having security for anyone today couldn't hurt. The PDCA does spend over $4,000,000 per year. The CEO is paid well as are all the office workers. That would be goal to work for in the UAMCC? Having a nice bank account can't hurt.
    As far as giving references to another PWer, do you believe I should charge for that service? How would I go about that? If I gave a PWer in Fla. a name and number, maybe I should get a referal fee first? I wouldn't know how to do that as I have never charged anyone for a referal. I guess I could charge according to the size of job also? How about multiple jobs? I should become a Broker? That would be a good life! Thank You.
    I was never even on the BOD of the PWNA ever. They are non-profit and are worth a bit at this point.

    PWNA history is just that for me history, but you should get some folks on with you guys that know the mistakes they made so you dont follow the same path.

    Free doesnt work with anything, The answer on how you would do this would be the million dollar answer Terry.

    I'm not even sure other than members networking together will wrok unless its a fundamental motto promoted from with in the org.

    I'm not certain and org could remain fair handling leads to its members, people are very mistrusting of others.

    Each and every hard working team member now is being looked at by the public, wondering what there hidden agendas are.

    Its a shame people just cant accept some folks just want to help and raise the bar.

  • #36

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Ron,
    I know Carlos and the Team is working on total transparency. Since March Carlos and I spoke many time of the UAMCC being totally transparent. They should have no problem with that subject. You say the public is looking at the hidden agendas? I'd like to discuss that with anyone. No one ever said that to me this past year. They should contact any team member for the answer to hidden agendas! There are none. Only a fool would say that. I apoplgise about my comment about you and the PWNA. I aparently mis read comments & info on the PWI stating you had a part in running the PWNA.
    Do you think an outside source should run a referal group for the UAMCC? Would this be fair? How much could they charge and of course the UAMCC would profit from such an endeavor?
    I believing that raising the bar is a tough thing to do. We have single individuals with no experience and individuals like your self with years of experience with 35 employees. How do we make it equal in the offerings? You are way past any basic training and would need specialized training in your business. All in all, raising the bar would take special handling and training I believe. Thank you
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

    Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

  • #37

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    I specialize in figuring out how to do stuff that few others want to do. That is my favorite part of the job. For a transfer station, I would do it in a heart beat. There would not even be a question of anything more than price. the two craziest jobs that i have had were to clean teh interior of an ice cream freezer, while it was still in operation, at 20 below, (Yes, it can be done, but is specialized, and you better be ready to replace the packing in your pump) and to clean a sewage treatment plants seperation tanks. (at least I did not have to worry about recovery.)
    Scott Stone
    The-washer@msn.com
    602-509-9741
    Office 480-834-3434


  • #38

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by tegrey View Post
    Ron,
    I believing that raising the bar is a tough thing to do. We have single individuals with no experience and individuals like your self with years of experience with 35 employees. How do we make it equal in the offerings? You are way past any basic training and would need specialized training in your business. All in all, raising the bar would take special handling and training I believe. Thank you
    Terry

    I think this is a good assessment. Like you, I came into the pw arena via the paint business, and so I appreciate your take on things. For that reason, I found it unfortunate that you have left the TT. It would have been to the associations benefit to have your continued representation of those who are in the field but are not pw specialists.

    As a new contributor to this forum, and (compared to everyone here) an entry level company in the pw field, I am spending time reading all posts to try to learn more about growing this service in my business. I am at once impressed with the professionals in the pw industry and also feeling that it will be more of a daunting challenge to grow my pw service into more than the rudimentary offering that it currently is. Its a tough challenge for the UAMCC to serve both ends of the spectrum. The leadership is there though.
    Last edited by topcoat; 12-02-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    _____________

    Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

  • #39

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Scott,
    First I have not disapeared. I am working hard on other items today. I will support the TT and UAMCC as long as the goals stay the same as we started the group last march. Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate them. The Gentlemen running the program now are a great benefit to the industry. They are doing a great job for us all.
    I'd like to address your next subject.
    Your Comment,
    "I am at once impressed with the professionals in the pw industry and also feeling that it will be more of a daunting challenge to grow my pw service into more than the rudimentary offering that it currently is. Its a tough challenge for the UAMCC to serve both ends of the spectrum. The leadership is there though. "
    Back to me,
    Everyone on this BBS should be contractors. Whether a 1 man or 35 man shop, we are contractors. I have great friends in the painting industry who vary as we do here. One friend paints Disney Land another paints fences in Bose MT. They all share ideas and help one another. A good friend from Oregon has 85 painters. Heavy industrial. He just laid off 35 men. We all have the same problems and goals.
    I started with a pull along HD 2.5 gal. PWer. Hand scrubbing houses, etc. One of my first jobs was cleaning a home on ladders and it took me over 8 hrs. Today I could do that job in 2 hrs with no ladders. Just goes to show there is hope for everybody! LOL Never think you will be rudementary! You are a contractor growing your business. You have challenges and questions that need answered. You may be doing the work all wrong?
    The answer is right here. We have educated contractors willing to share and help each other. No one ever knows it all or has all the answers. Some may feel they are the top of the heap, but take a close look at them. They started as most of us and they still have the same problems we do. I'd just recommend to you, "Surround your selves with the best contractors, build your business and differeniate the good from the bad".
    Our first year within the PW industry, our business was 8% of our business. This year it will be about 15%. Next year possibly 25%. That is a goal and something to work for. You have the edge on many as you have more to offer. You will clean a home or deck and then paint it! Not too bad is it? Make your goal to be the best PWing company in your area. Buy the right equipment and share info with others. Be a profitable contractor in the PWing industry as we do with the painting industry. I wish you all the best. If I can help you in any way, Please feel free to call. Thank you.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

    Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

  • #40

    Default Re: Dumpster Photos

    Hey Terry

    I would like to be in touch. I have been observing from afar your work with the PDCA etc. for years. You've done alot for the paint industry.
    _____________

    Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO