Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dumpster Photos

Default Re: Dumpster Photos

Quote Originally Posted by topcoat View Post
    Hey Terry

I would like to be in touch. I have been observing from afar your work with the PDCA etc. for years. You've done alot for the paint industry.

I would love to hear more, possibly help me understand Terrys thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
    I would love to hear more, possibly help me understand Terrys thinking?

Ron

I dont know that I can bridge the disconnect that the two of you have when it comes to philosophy of business. I am new to this bbs, but its easy to see that your relationship may be beyond repair.

I do know that for years I have known of Terry and his business on the national paint stage and it would be silly to say that he is not an industry leader. I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, but I can see that this doesnt necessarily translate to much of meaning to the mobile contract cleaners, which is unfortunate. When I initially saw Terry as a TT member, I thought that was great. Shortly after, he stepped down, which I personally thought was unfortunate because I liked the idea of joining a cleaning organization on which paint company crossover members like myself would be well understood. We are companion industries and could very much benefit from working together.

All of this is not to say that I am taking sides in the generally disagreeable stance that you and Terry share. It wouldnt matter if I did. I have found you to be a very interesting character in the industry. At first, I thought you might be the Vince McMahon of the cleaning industry - almost caricature-like in your capacity to appear larger than life, but no doubt a master of promotion which is I think where some of Terry's disagreement with you exists. I have read alot of your posts here and elsewhere and also seen alot of both current and historical videos on youtube, etc and I pick up ideas from you as well.

Ultimately, no, I can't help you understand Terry anymore than I can help Terry understand you.

Scott Burt
    Topcoat Finishes, Inc.

I have no problem with Terry, Its great he has been involved in others orgs as you have stated.

It would be good to hear more of his experiences. I think you might be taking it out of context.

Thanks, glad I could also help you, and there is always more than one way.

• Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information