• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dumpster Photos

topcoat

Contributing Member
I would love to hear more, possibly help me understand Terrys thinking?

Ron

I dont know that I can bridge the disconnect that the two of you have when it comes to philosophy of business. I am new to this bbs, but its easy to see that your relationship may be beyond repair.

I do know that for years I have known of Terry and his business on the national paint stage and it would be silly to say that he is not an industry leader. I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, but I can see that this doesnt necessarily translate to much of meaning to the mobile contract cleaners, which is unfortunate. When I initially saw Terry as a TT member, I thought that was great. Shortly after, he stepped down, which I personally thought was unfortunate because I liked the idea of joining a cleaning organization on which paint company crossover members like myself would be well understood. We are companion industries and could very much benefit from working together.

All of this is not to say that I am taking sides in the generally disagreeable stance that you and Terry share. It wouldnt matter if I did. I have found you to be a very interesting character in the industry. At first, I thought you might be the Vince McMahon of the cleaning industry - almost caricature-like in your capacity to appear larger than life, but no doubt a master of promotion which is I think where some of Terry's disagreement with you exists. I have read alot of your posts here and elsewhere and also seen alot of both current and historical videos on youtube, etc and I pick up ideas from you as well.

Ultimately, no, I can't help you understand Terry anymore than I can help Terry understand you.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I have no problem with Terry, Its great he has been involved in others orgs as you have stated.

It would be good to hear more of his experiences. I think you might be taking it out of context.

Thanks, glad I could also help you, and there is always more than one way.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
02-22-08_1322.jpg

topcoat

Contributing Member
I have no problem with Terry, Its great he has been involved in others orgs as you have stated.

It would be good to hear more of his experiences. I think you might be taking it out of context.

Thanks, glad I could also help you, and there is always more than one way.

Ron

I'll be surprised if you dont already know this, but Terry has done alot of work in the Ohio-Indiana Council of the PDCA, as the president of the Canton-Stark County Chapter. His company was one of the first that I was aware of to become a PDCA Accredited Contractor. Also, he seems to pop up every year in PWC, Deco, and APC, in fact I think he is a regular name in the Who's Who in the Painting Industry feature from APC.

I'm not at all here (or anywhere) to toot Terry's horn. I have never met, spoken with, or even exchanged an email with the man. However, all of the above accomplishments have shown me leadership in the paint industry, which is an industry that is plagued by complacency and lowest common denominators. You guys think that the washing/cleaning industry is divided, well the paint trade is more than divided, it is pretty well diced. So, for my part, in growing a business over the past 12 years, I have definitely looked to companies like Terry's for motivation to create something that would clearly set a high bar of professionalism in the field.

Ron, you are probably right that I am taking it out of context (whatever the history is between you and Terry). As I said, I look to both of you for ideas and motivation and look forward to opportunities to provide some of the same in return in '09.

Terry Miller

Scott,
Thank you for the nice comments. I appreciate your post. Having any good organization to back us is a positive. I know too many painters who rely on their experience only. Kinda like doing what Grandpa did 30 years ago. The UAMCC will be a huge benefit for the PW industry. Sharing ideas are a must. We all need to decide what is a benefit for our business. Thanks again.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Very Nice Words Scott,

You will never hear me speak poorly about anyone here ever. People are just trying to make the industry a better place. Each and every person just has a different way of doing it.

Terry is a good person and I'm sure his passions drive him. We both have ideas and we all will work hard to get these ideals in action in the coming years.

Good meeting you Scott and hope to see at a roundtable somewhere.

topcoat

Contributing Member
Very Nice Words Scott,

You will never hear me speak poorly about anyone here ever. People are just trying to make the industry a better place. Each and every person just has a different way of doing it.

Terry is a good person and I'm sure his passions drive him. We both have ideas and we all will work hard to get these ideals in action in the coming years.

Good meeting you Scott and hope to see at a roundtable somewhere.

Thanks Ron, and I think its great that we all can respect each others differences of opinion and approach. Its that sort of tolerance and open mindedness that can be hard to come by, but allows us all to gain from the diversity in our industries. Prior to joining this board, I had my own interests in residential cleaning and that was all I was concerned with, and its been really eye opening to see and hear about all the different aspects of cleaning, such as flatwork, dumpsters and kec that even though I will probably never venture into, many of the same principles apply to our businesses. I do hope to make it to a roundtable at some point in '09.