• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dumpster Photos

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
10-30-08_0154-1.jpg

Terry Miller

I was wondering how many company's on this BBS actually clean dumpsters? I guess it could be profitable? Who cleans man holes? I had an offer for cleaning a local dump area. We turned it down. They pay pennies on the dollar and my equipment is not set up for this type work. Someone has to do it and I bet there is a lot of money in it? Thank you.

Terry Miller

This is what we turned down. Ron would your company would handle this project? Thank you.

Attachments

• Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 0581.jpg
    Misc Est Jobs, Equipment 0581.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 174

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
This is what we turned down. Ron would your company would handle this project? Thank you.

Thats a transfer station. YES YES YES YES... I do them all the time.

What I dont do is clean the transfer trucks of cab anylonger.

Terry, the transfer looks bad, keep in mind thats freash garbage.

The trucks can go for weeks of hauling old garbage. I imagine you cna picture what the trucks look like after a few days inside.

I believe Scott has some contracts cleaning transfer trucks. He might chime in.

I will tell you one sick story, Back in 1986 in Gary IN we were washing a transfer. My sister was and she noticed something odd. On the back tailgate areas before its finally of the truck she noticed a body part. It was someones nail and some other parts of a hand.

Well that project stopped dead in the tracks while police investigated. Turn out not a crime but one of the compactor people lost his hand. My sister found it. of course to late to help. He lost it around two weeks earlier.

You could imagine what that smells like.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I was wondering how many company's on this BBS actually clean dumpsters? I guess it could be profitable? Who cleans man holes? I had an offer for cleaning a local dump area. We turned it down. They pay pennies on the dollar and my equipment is not set up for this type work. Someone has to do it and I bet there is a lot of money in it? Thank you.

Incase you where wondering if theres profit in cleaning garbage cans I have cleaned hundreds this week.

My record month in close to 1000, if you look on my photo bucket i have over 6000 photos of dumpster.

We only take picture now for vector control and health dept use.

Sanitary clean up and bio clean up is very profitable too. I do sanitary clean ups for the sanitation water divisions of all citys and state agencys.

I have the DES contracts in arizona statewide and have had for years. These buildings are fun, they have campers that mess the place up pretty bad. They excrete on the buildings and sidewalks. It requires special training and cleaning to properly clean this up. I guess no other company wants to go thru the two week seminar.

Terry Miller

Ron,
It is good we have companys like yours around for that type of cleaning. Can you imagine if it went without cleaning for ayear! LOL We'll stick to homes and small commercial. I may not get the bulk pricing, but as long as it it profitable, we will do what we do. Thanks for sharing.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron,
It is good we have companys like yours around for that type of cleaning. Can you imagine if it went without cleaning for ayear! LOL We'll stick to homes and small commercial. I may not get the bulk pricing, but as long as it it profitable, we will do what we do. Thanks for sharing.

Not to offend you Terry but I get more money than you. You have to have the training and be certified to clean these jobs by the agency your cleaning for.

I think you get some sort of impression I bid low. I do not waiver from my prices. I get top dollar and volume wont get discounts in most cases.

This work is specialty work, the bio crue gets down time response and also gets minimums on every job.

You guys and your low ball thinking because someone does alot of work.

I service now over 2000 accounts monthly. I get top pay for all the account and have increased some customers budgets through my educational programs. As you heard in MB one chain we increased the budget 60% annually.

My company make near 125.00 per man per hour. Whats your make?

I think why your confused is that you have been told or draw some conclusion on your own.

You see when you wash a home say for 350.00 and it takes you two or three hours total time. travel the whole nine yard, you only making 58 per hour per man. My numbers are average over residual income over jobs that continually repeat over and over again and again and again. While your trying to find the next house wash that you dont caculate in the numbers. you house wash guys never consider we have work month after month and dont have to spend alot of time looking for the next store to clean because the calender is always full.

Below is a Mcdonalds, for obvious reasons it and old agreement. It was cleaned for 1000.00 first time. its was regualar 1400.00.. he was given a discount for signing a regular cleaning contract.

I would love to see you or anyone show me one regular cleaning agreement on a home. Second I would like to see it be more than 1000.00.

Third, the job on regualr cleaning takes 1:45 to 2:30 tops.. at my worse case i will make 180.00 per hour per man. if everything runs great I make 300 per hour.

You show me in your business model were you make that on average and the job keeps repeating. Not in house washing.... never happen..

Painting a different story.

scan0005.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
So Ron you got what, about 24 workers? (non-administrative)

43 total, and two shops in phx metro. building a new all in one shop as we speak.

We run 24 hours a day sunday through friday

27 to 31 techs.

If you had come to my round you would have met three outside sales. People met Tim 14 years sales Lani 2 years and Julie 9 years new construction.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron, whats one of your secrets for selling commercial work high, when alot of companies want a low price most of the time?
Worth a shot Thanks.

Its alot of different things, mainly education and showing them you actually clean to bare concrete when most splash and dash for 65 dollars.

As you see above we have our maint price which is much less than the intial or one time cleaning.

Over the years we haev just developed a way to clean faster and more effective than most companies.

We make them realize useing us migt be higher but the savings in the long run is worth it.

We do run crazy specials as intro ads to our company. These are intended to put us infront of the customer. We dont intend on making money with specials.

Most companys that run ridiculous ads are trying to raise the prices and make money on every sales call. I used the word sales call, that simply all it is.

Also if I ran and ad i would give you a 100 dollars if you meet me for five minutes i would make money. When I left they would be a customer for life.

This simply cannot be explained in one posting. Please feel free to attend a roundtable and we can talk and talk and talk.

Thanks

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Hmmmmmmm.............that sounds vaguely familiar.

Where did you think the NFPA got it? I helped them with that years ago, if you dont believe me just ask me.

Messing around, remember that cleaning is suppose to be that. I mean no one puts dishes away with food still on them. When you clean your tub you expect the rings gone and the tub to shine.

I know you guys have trouble with it because hacks shine hoods and charge people cheap prices for doing 1/3 of the job.

Trust me , it happens in every proffession.

I'm certain your aircraft parts you saw differences from one supplier to the next.

Or even your fellow mechanic trying to bandaid something you thought should not be.

Its a doggie dog world, if you keep your head up and keep educated and fighting the truth comes through. People who actually care respond and those who have always been hacks will bread more.