• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

lead paint

Doug Tripp

I'm bidding a commercial building with peeling paint. Can anyone refresh me on the lead paint "rules". IIRC any building before 1971 needs to be tested before working on, but I'm not sure. Anyone?

plainpainter

Are you going to paint it - or wash it? If you are knocking off paint - then there are mesh tarps which allow water to pass and be able to collect all the peeling chips. But for the most part the prior to '77 rule is way overblown. Century old homes have lead paint and not much else. And talking to a paint store owner - in his 30 plus years of ownership, he knows of only 3 cases where a fuss was made. Lead paint laws are not enforced, I routinely see most guys grinding away at lead homes all summer long. The only time it is enforced is if some nosy neighbor calls it in. Heck I've seen a crew grind the side of a century old home on the corner of two major routes right in the downtown - and there was literally a dust 'storm' of this lead dust that was blowing right through the intersection at high noon. And nobody ever made a fuss.

Mike Schoeben

Doug,
Make the building owner have some of the paint chips tested for lead by a certified company, and get a copy of the report. We did a LARGE project last summer that the enviro-cops shut us down on because someone "thought" it was lead based paint. Have the report on-site while performing the work.

DesertZoe

I am surprised there is not much talk of the EPA Lead RRP Rule taking effect April 22, 2010. There is a lot of controversy on other forums as to the rules applying to the pressurewashing of pre 1978 homes.
You will have to be certified to work on them.
Do you guys reclaim and filter the water?