• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Kitchen Floor

Douglas Hicks

Just reading this thread makes me respect KEC guys so much more - I know I'd hate this line of work, even without trying. It's been my impression that KEC guys are either 100% committed to doing just KEC work and nothing else. Does anyone here do KEC along with other lines of pressure washing - or do guys in general just focus on KEC exclusively?

NO nO, plainpainter, it is use greasers who respect the flat-workers. I cannot imagine having to wear a uniform that includes a short, tight skirt. Mr Carrol, I know the training you received from Bunn. I know you are aware we expect pictures of you in your short, tight skirt and your red hi-heels.

Christopher Bunn

Mr Carrol, I know the training you received from Bunn. I know you are aware we expect pictures of you in your short, tight skirt and your red hi-heels.

When DJ visited BCC Headquarters, he traded his skirt and high heels in for a pair of jeans and posed for a few pics. Judging by the look on DJ's face, I think he enjoyed wearing pants.:yes:

Attachments

• IMG01557.jpg
    IMG01557.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 27

RMedbery

Just reading this thread makes me respect KEC guys so much more - I know I'd hate this line of work, even without trying. It's been my impression that KEC guys are either 100% committed to doing just KEC work and nothing else. Does anyone here do KEC along with other lines of pressure washing - or do guys in general just focus on KEC exclusively?

KEC is where the money is, all other forms of PWing is just pocket change.

DJ Carroll

I actually like KEC . . .because as weird as this may sound its not power washing. . . I look at a house and im like okay im gonna clean this . . you look at a KES and its more like a project. . .Its actually fun if you have some one there with you . . i really enjoyed working with bunn . . . Well its fun untill you get to a hood that a dumb @$$ painted lol now that was a PITA LOL

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Hey guy I got a 2,900 sq ft kitchen that wants the floors cleaned. . .they are tile and I need to know how you all clean these.

Maybe some of you grease guys have done this before

Me and Ash came up with a pretty good Idea and I figured i'd put it out here to see if you guys had a better way then what us two knuckle heads came up with . . .I'm fine on pricing just wondering about methods . . .I gotta make my 1600 a day :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help felas

I have two crews that all they do is Kitchen interiors sun mon tues. Theres a reason they get done on these days.

1600 for a three man crew interior of the larger chains could be possible. Fastfood is going to pay around 450 to 650. Keep in mind I would not be any place longer than 3 hours. Most i can do in 2 start to finish.

You need to perfect your methods or your pricing will never be right.
The grease guys gave some good things to watch out for.

I have a long list of No NOs... while working in a commercial kitchen.

They also have a bateria program, you can ask darden for the criteria they are happy to supply it to you. ask the GM most companys have a manual and precedure they want followed.

Ask greaser about foam on those fryers and how you can burn a joint down. I have had my competition burn a fridays down while rinsing a floor and shorted the off relay on the fryer. Poooffff the joint burned down shortly after they left.

Good luck, its easy once you do about 4 or 5 and figure it out.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Dj, the GM always tell you the drains work. Then they hand you a bill for jetting service because you must have clogged them.LOL

Terry Miller

All the comments are varied. Bottom line is it profitable? Is it wat you really do, or just do to make a few bucks? Specialization in any field is good. We are asked many times to do work we don't normally do. We don't. Have fun grease diving DJ! LOL

cleanhoods

All the comments are varied. Bottom line is it profitable? Is it wat you really do, or just do to make a few bucks? Specialization in any field is good. We are asked many times to do work we don't normally do. We don't. Have fun grease diving DJ! LOL

All job are as profitable as you make them.
Marko

Safeclean

I know this thread is a little older but if you want some great information on cleaning tile and grout check out www.dirtygrout.com it is a great site dedicated to cleaning tile and grout and other hard surfaces.I have some high end steam vapor machines,and the complete vacuum recovery systems from Hydroforce and Turboforce(I am an equipment freak:yes:).If you have the right equipment,hot water ,vacuum recovery surface cleaners,and the right chems you can make great money cleaning tile and grout.With the vacuum recovery surface cleaners you don't have to worry about the floor drains clogging up,you extract the grease and grime from the surface instead of just pushing it around ,and the floors come out a lot cleaner and dry faster.I use the steam vapor machines for tough grout lines,Gum removal(like Gumbusters),graffiti etc,and I use the vacuum surface cleaners for interior tile and grout,exterior concrete,and graffiti etc.