• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Warm and Waterproof Gloves for the Winter?

Carlos Gonzales

Anybody have any suggestions on what would be a good glove for those that are out washing in the COLD WINTER MONTHS?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

Florin Nutu

Somebody once mentioned to get diving neoprene gloves. Ive been meaning to get a pair and try em out especially for gutter cleaning in cold temps.

Florin Nutu

With as much time I spend unspooling the birds nest on my reel everytime I cast, I dont wear gloves while fishing:saai:. They get in the way.

Florin Nutu

HAHAHA. Hey Carlos, lets hook up and do some fishing.:biggrin: I'm ready when you are.

John says the steelhead are running around mid November thru December here in Washington. Should be the same in Oregon if we want to do a meet down there. Not sure yet on salmon.

Carlos Gonzales

HAHAHA. Hey Carlos, lets hook up and do some fishing.:biggrin: I'm ready when you are.

John says the steelhead are running around mid November thru December here in Washington. Should be the same in Oregon if we want to do a meet down there. Not sure yet on salmon.

I am game...seriously. I will have sometime off between Thanksgiving and X-mas. Actually I would like to go up to Seattle and spend a few days there.

RMedbery

Non-disposable gloves are not an option for greasers. I get those $1 brown gloves and then put on a pair of disposable nitrile gloves over that.

RMedbery

A couple pair of brown gloves will last the winter. 1 - 3 pair of disposables per job. I also wear disposable coveralls, I often wipe the grease from my hands on the coveralls. I use 1 pair of coveralls per night, 2 jobs. I get the 6 mil gloves for about $6 for a box of 100. Coveralls are $1.05 a piece.

Actually thats all a lie......................I try not to work more than once or twice a week anymore.:cool:

Carlos Gonzales

A couple pair of brown gloves will last the winter. 1 - 3 pair of disposables per job. I also wear disposable coveralls, I often wipe the grease from my hands on the coveralls. I use 1 pair of coveralls per night, 2 jobs. I get the 6 mil gloves for about $6 for a box of 100. Coveralls are $1.05 a piece.

Actually thats all a lie......................I try not to work more than once or twice a week anymore.:cool:

You are too much...I am reading this..trying to count gloves...overalls and then get to punch line :saai:...LOL...good stuff R...hope things are cool in your neck of the woods.

CWheeler

I like the seal skin waterproof gloves, they work well for me in the winter for cleaning windows(no they aren't made from seal skin!)

Rick Petry

As Florin mentioned, neoprene dive gloves will work well. Use to do a lot of wreck diving here off the coast of NJ. On the boat I worked, we use to have a New Year's day single dive for fun. Water at depth was often in the low 40's. With a good dry suit, special insulated underware, and neoprene hood and gloves, kept pretty warm.

Only problem may be lack of finger dexterity. Thick neoprene is not real flexible.