• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Parking Garage Cleaning. Issues that may arise from the cleaning Part II.....

OK, So we talked about the fire Sprinkler system and how this could be a major set back for not only you but the client as well.

We have noticed that the fire dept. is now charging fees for just this type of mishap. These fees, depending on your location, can be as high as $1,000 for a Three alarm, hook and ladder call. I know, we had one.

Another issue that may arise from cleaning a Parking Structure is the flow switch from the water supply. You must disconnect that switch BEFORE you use any water inside the Parking Garage.

www.GarageCleaning.Net

Jim Gamble
510-612-0437

Jeff Robison

Contributing Member
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input. Great info about the fire sprinklers. We also activated one last year - Thanksgiving weekend Property Manager was not happy about that call.

How do you de activiate the flow switch? Normally I just have the property manager put the system in bypass mode. I did not know you could do this manually?

Jeff
Clean Up Atlanta
678-360-2518

Mike Cooke

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input. Great info about the fire sprinklers. We also activated one last year - Thanksgiving weekend Property Manager was not happy about that call.

How do you de activiate the flow switch? Normally I just have the property manager put the system in bypass mode. I did not know you could do this manually?

Jeff
Clean Up Atlanta
678-360-2518

thats what we usaully do have it put in by-pass mode! Also pretty much all the garages around here are open!

Just so that everyone is clear, we do not tap into the fire sprinkler supply.

If your garage has a fire sprinkler supply, chances are that they do not have a 1.5 inch water supply to a RED fire cabinet that has a fire hose inside of it.

I have seen both, but this is rare to have both systems inside a garage and even more rare to have both systems tied together. Reason, water flow. If the fire hose is on, there is not enough water flow / pressure to run the sprinkler system and fire hose supply which takes 80 GPM's at 120 psi.

If more than a couple of fire sprinklers went off along with the fire hose on full, you would have very little pressure to run both as the same time. This is why they usually are on separate systems.

Hi Jim,

Jeff
Clean Up Atlanta
678-360-2518

I suggest that you do the By Pass or ( TEST MODE ) for the system. This is way easier. I do not want to tell everyone how to disable the system. This may create some issues if it was done incorrectly.

I suggest that you have the engineering or someone who is authorized to disconnect the flow system. I only mentioned the flow Switch to advise you that it must be in TEST MODE or for the older garages, disconnected BY AN AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL. NOT US AS PRESSURE WASHERS.