• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hey Greasers - Check this out!

Douglas Hicks

The UL 300 code went into effect in Nov, 1994. That was after is was delayed from the original date of 1991. So this guy could not put $500 in savings each year since 1994? Besides, most new systems we install are way less than $7500. about 1/2. CAnyou tell I am not very sympathetic?

cleanhoods

Douglas Hicks

Whats funny they keep updating regulations on the fire suppression systems but doing nothing about the fuel source that needs to be removed at most times more often then they require or the customer will let you.So why is our state officals not regulating the systems grease removalin the exhaust system?
Marko:confused::saai:

Most codes and regs are driven by the mfg of stuff.

Carlos Gonzales

I don't know 'grease' about grease but is there any regulations at all that speak on when a hood should be cleaned? Grease build up depth?...just curious!

welder

And now introducing ,,,,,,,,,,,, the IKECA comb.... Somebody's answer to the latest revision on grease build-up and when it should be cleaned. Supposedly the brainchild of a BK guy.

Attachments

• 100_3169 comb Ikeca.jpg
    100_3169 comb Ikeca.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 30

cleanhoods

The thing is we got all the foundations and whens to clean these hood systems but our inspectors,at least in our area for the most part,dont regulate the system cleaning i still run into plenty of places not being cleaned properly,also new places with bends in the duct work and no access,why? Or the problem also the customer uses you to catch the system up then go back to the cheap one or just doesnt clean it for years until an inspector decides to accually look in the system in my experiance about 5 years of neglect before they catch it.That is in my opinion the biggest problem the inspectors just eather dont know how or what to look for or just dont care.I showed pics of inspection to the head fire marshal and they sent the inspector back out to reispect and the result is the same.Whats funny this place i am talking about is chinese and they said that they are not required to clean it but every 2 years:confused:.Explain that,lol.I dont knw what to do but i am in the works of figuring it out thats for sure,i will let you all know when i get the answer i am looking for.
Marko

Daniel Hulbert

Walk away and let the place burn down!!! Then maybe they will figure it out!! It will take a few more deaths before they get serious about a real solution

The thing is we got all the foundations and whens to clean these hood systems but our inspectors,at least in our area for the most part,dont regulate the system cleaning i still run into plenty of places not being cleaned properly,also new places with bends in the duct work and no access,why? Or the problem also the customer uses you to catch the system up then go back to the cheap one or just doesnt clean it for years until an inspector decides to accually look in the system in my experiance about 5 years of neglect before they catch it.That is in my opinion the biggest problem the inspectors just eather dont know how or what to look for or just dont care.I showed pics of inspection to the head fire marshal and they sent the inspector back out to reispect and the result is the same.Whats funny this place i am talking about is chinese and they said that they are not required to clean it but every 2 years:confused:.Explain that,lol.I dont knw what to do but i am in the works of figuring it out thats for sure,i will let you all know when i get the answer i am looking for.
Marko

cleanhoods

Walk away and let the place burn down!!! Then maybe they will figure it out!! It will take a few more deaths before they get serious about a real solution
No:headshakesmile-fast that isnt the way.There is no sence in anymore property damages and people getting hurt or killed.Just have to speak up."There is always a way other then neglect".
Marko:Smiley-2014:

Michael Tessaro

Daniel's right. Sometimes you have to walk away. And let the consequences fall where they may. They may skate along for years without an issue. But they may face a crisis tomorrow. You cannot force someone to become compliant. By walking away you detach yourself from liability.

cleanhoods

Daniel's right. Sometimes you have to walk away. And let the consequences fall where they may. They may skate along for years without an issue. But they may face a crisis tomorrow. You cannot force someone to become compliant. By walking away you detach yourself from liability.
Yes walking away from trying to enforce the cleaning but just doing nothing is no good. You have to speak up and if enough of us speak up then the regulations change and the cleaning requirements will increase. Think about this the officials that regulate the systems are basicly part of the election process so the best place to open eyes is the people.:yes:There needs to be exposure of the amounts of possible problems waiting to happen.
Marko

Josh Dodson

Yes walking away from trying to enforce the cleaning but just doing nothing is no good. You have to speak up and if enough of us speak up then the regulations change and the cleaning requirements will increase. Think about this the officials that regulate the systems are basicly part of the election process so the best place to open eyes is the people.:yes:There needs to be exposure of the amounts of possible problems waiting to happen.
Marko

I was standing in line waiting to get into a hockey game last week, on a Sunday. There was this guy screaming Bible verses at the top of his lungs at everyone walking by and standing in line. We had a ticket problem, so I got to stand there for about 30 minutes before we got in, and not a single person stopped to see what the guy had to offer. This is very similar to what we experience in our industry. We can stand on the street shouting as loud as we can to a bunch of people that could care less what we are saying, or we can find a more productive method.

cleanhoods

I was standing in line waiting to get into a hockey game last week, on a Sunday. There was this guy screaming Bible verses at the top of his lungs at everyone walking by and standing in line. We had a ticket problem, so I got to stand there for about 30 minutes before we got in, and not a single person stopped to see what the guy had to offer. This is very similar to what we experience in our industry. We can stand on the street shouting as loud as we can to a bunch of people that could care less what we are saying, or we can find a more productive method.
Just like you say or "we can find a productive method".Thats what i am getting at.:yes::clap:Finally one that is getting where i am getting,lol.Like i said i am in the works.Then when i can get this vault open i will invite all that is interested."Patience is the key,but persistance is the way".You know just as wel as i know Dodsonish that our states dont do nothing for the grease removal side and i am sure that other states are the same.I know Va is the same as well,no regulation were it is truly important.:confused:
Marko

cleanhoods

Just remember certificates and being certified and alll that dont mean nothing if our local authorities dont enforce what needs to be enforced.Its all about the protection of people and property,thats the moto at the fire departments i was members at and that is the moto i have always stuck to.:coool:
Marko

cleanhoods

Ok hood system cleaners i had a reply from my little thing i am working on now i need to know who will be will to back me up when the time comes?:coool: The question that this sorce has is do i have proof of these claimes.So who is down and wanting to go with this all the way?
:cool:Marko

Michael Tessaro

Marko, No one is going to back you up or follow you blindly. If you have a statement to make about the KEC Industry, state it. Just choose your words carefully.

cleanhoods

Marko, No one is going to back you up or follow you blindly. If you have a statement to make about the KEC Industry, state it. Just choose your words carefully.
Ok here is an email i am working with "Dear Marko,

Are these restaurant kitchen hoods? Which restaurants are not cleaning
their hoods? How would we prove the restaurants are passing inspections
without having the hood properly cleaned?

Thanks,

Frank Ryder
Whistleblower 9 Producer, WSOC-TV
I hope no one is blind now.So anyone have proof to throw in let me know email me or call (828)302-9728
Thanks Marko
ps remember this is a big can of worms i am opening so if you are in you are in.