• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

300 VS 200 degrees in a garage cleaning setting... dose it matter?

In some cases, the difference in Parking Garage Cleaning temps DOSE NOT matter when it comes to dirt. However when it comes to oil, that may be a different matter.....

I have been told that there is no evidence that 325 degree's has no real impact for oil removal. For me to " Prove it ".... Well, I have made a short video showing just what it can do. Granted, most cannot hit 325 degrees. In fact, some days even our 1.1 million BTU boilers have trouble hitting those temps at 4,000 PSI with 6 GPM running through each of them.

This is just to show that by having a hotter boiler, one may be able to clean better VS a smaller boiler.

Parking Garage Cleaning has many ways to clean them. I am not saying that we have the only answer, but we do have a system that works, and works well.

Something I forgot to mention in the video...

Sub use 30" Steel Eagle surface cleaner WITH A DEUBLIN SWIVEL... A VERY GOOD SURFACE CLEANER... I HAVE ONE AND I LIKE IT. we use it for sidewalks and smaller areas.

We used a modified Turbo Twister with a 15 HP Motor. Both cleaners had 0 degree nozzals

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGV4gwtlClc[/ame]

Jim Gamble
Crystal Cleaning Company LLC
Antioch, California

www.GarageCleaning.Net

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 45

Ken Fenner

Jim, I don't respond often to your threads but I want you to know I read and appreciate all of them.

PS: I think I have relatives in Antioch. Cousins on my dad side.

James Foley

Ken , I do the same with great interest. This is something I will most likely never do. Same thing reading about roofs with Apple. I enjoy it !

Nigel Griffith

Jim its been a while, how are you buddy?

"I want 300 deg too!!" what a difference.

Heat makes a big difference as we have discussed in the past Jim, more so with synthetic oil stains, thanks for showing what a difference 100 deg's makes.

p.s. I am still waiting on your offer

Florin Nutu

It would be great to see a side by side shot of actual cleanings and the difference between the two. I am not questioning that hotter is better but the area that was cleaned by your subcontract looks under par in my opinion. I have had better cleaning results with COLD WATER with the right chemicals. Again I am baseing this off your video and have not seen what it looked like before. I hope not to offend the subcontract but in my opinion something is wrong. Maybe the cleaning solution is not working or he has a drop in psi or maybe is not even getting the 200 degrees.

I will go out this week on one of my demos and I will film a spot just like that using only my cold machine and not my hot. It might not be as clean as the 325 degree but will definately be cleaner than those stalls.

Florin,

In the photo it looked worse then in real life. I mentioned this in the video. In fact the stains in the 300 degree side you barely can see, however they show up in the video. Photos are different. Take a video when comparing.

Jim

Florin Nutu

Florin,

In the photo it looked worse then in real life. I mentioned this in the video. In fact the stains in the 300 degree side you barely can see, however they show up in the video. Photos are different. Take a video when comparing.

Jim

Thank you for clarifying that. I missed that part, my computer is slow and vids stop mid play to download. I have never videotaped myself cleaning.

Also, wait 36 hrs before video taping as we did. Make sure the concrete is completely dry as shown in the video.

Oil usually will start to rise in that 36 HR time frame. A 5 to 8 days inspection of the area would be a great, but challenging test. We have found that in 7 days, oil stains may start to show only if there is sufficient amount of oil remaining in the concrete. If we clean the area every six months, in time, the oil stain will not appear again. We know that the concrete is relatively free from oil at that point.