Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oxalic Acid

Default Re: Oxalic Acid

You may need to use a HF acid, alum. brightner is what I use in some applications. This may take the rest of the sealer up.

The few times I took rust off of foundations with OX, it always left an area that was much lighter than the surrounding concrete in the pattern of where the rust was. And it didn't matter if I sprayed an area much larger - only where the rust stain was - it becomes much lighter. Part of doing this business is grounding the prospective customer about the results. People equate clean with looking brand new, you have to educate them.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

What do you spray it with? I would like to start spraying all the concrete I do or at least have a upgrade of "concrete brightning". Can you spray it with a sureflow or a Fatboy?

Jeff Jacobs
    Jacobs Pressure Cleaning
    JacobsPressureCleaning@gmail.com
    Melbourne, FL 32940
    jpcpressurecleaning.com
    321-610-4270

Anybody else rinse after applying Ox Acid?

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Yes, we always rinse all chems on the ground level before leaving a job. There is Too much risk associated with leaving chem for me to sleep good.

Sorry, I don't really have a solution to this one. I can't see a pic?? Did you post a pic?
    Bill Booz
    240-425-2845 call or text

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Great Cleaners

i agee about setting customers expectations. clean never equals brand new and you should always state that. i hate to say it but sometimes you have to walk away from jobs. personally i will not clean any concrete with sealer. for future reference f9 is a great product for rust removal. hope it works out. keep us

Guy,
    Can you please explain more about HF acid, alum. brightner to remove concrete sealer?

Capitol ProWash
    Don Charpilloz
    Salem, Oregon

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information